Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Hybrid View

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Default -

-
    Last edited by razz; 07-18-2020 at 11:21 AM.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

If it's being redone by the SciFi folks, it's going to be as much of a winner as the original.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by razz2008 View Post
    So I hear they are working on a remake of IT on scifi. any news or thoughts.
    enough with remakes already. people should get their own ideas.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

The upside is that it won't have John-Boy as Bill.

The downside, besides it being done by SciFi, is that it won't have Jonathan Brandis as Bill.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well it couldn't possibly be worse than the Mini Series of IT. Why not give it a try and see?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

If it's the Sci Fi channel that's re-making it, prepare for style over substance.

My Mood
    Dead

Mmm-hmm. I was so excited for Tin Man when it was first being advertised. It was SUCH a disappointment story-wise, but it was pretty to look at... Seems to be the case for everything they do.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I meant to get into Tin Man. I had it DVR'd for about two months before I erased it to make room. I started and tried to watch it but it never got going enough for me.

As for IT, there is just so much story there to tell and they could quite possibly mess it up while trying so hard to make it "good"

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Dead

I agree, it'll have to be better than the first mini-series, only because the aforementioned absence of Richard Thomas. Still, since IT is one of my favorite King stories, I don't think I'll make myself watch it being butchered once again. If someone were willing to make a full-on movie of it/IT (preferably two or even three movies, since there's so much to tell), I'd be much more excited. As is... not so much.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

In regards to the original, the scenes when they were children were well casted and very good. If Sci Fi could get the adult part right, it might be something to write home about.

My Mood
    Dead

Yeah, the kids were great in the first one. They were what kept me watching, and I was sad that there wasn't equal focus on the childhood happenings, since to me, the stuff that happened when they were kids was by far the best.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you jude...the children scenes were much better than the adult scenes....JOHN BOY!!!! AHHHHHHH! John Ritter and that judge from Night Court? Um, no thanks.

IT is my favorite non-Tower book and even though remakes are going overboard, I'm sure this one will be better than The Stand miniseries.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I think a re make might be able to do better justice to the Ritual of Chud and the deadlights and all that.

Gosh, Jonathon Brandis played an awesome young Bill. All the kids were great. The Baronies were just like I pictured them. The first half was fantastic for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice devo133 is on a distinguished road devo133's Avatar

The ending to the original IT was horrible. Most of it was great but the ending was just so anticlimatic. Pennywise turning a big cheesy spider? come on... it seemed like an ending from a bad B movie. Maybe they'll get rid of the spider in the new version. Better yet keep the original version which was perfect until the end and just redo the ending.

My Mood
    Dead

Haha, it WAS the ending to a bad B movie. The movie was just split up into several bits, that's all.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I would love to see a remake of this one done, but I think the only way it could really be done well would be to make a series out of it. 10 episodes 1 season, toss it on HBO, and we could get something really good. It's just too much story to put into a theatrical film, or even a miniseries.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Count me in the "love to see this remade" crowd.

Alas, also count me in the "if SciFi is doing this, it'll be more flash than substance" crowd.
    Last edited by Woofer; 05-15-2008 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Fix typo
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about recent mini-series from SciFi but Taken was pretty damn good and it had both substance and style.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Tin Man was a SciFi channel miniseries. I lost interest early. Called a "re-imagining" of L. Frank Baum's novel, Tin Man felt forced and awkward and had none of the magic of the original. Not only were the characters stiff and unbelievable, but the plot was so twisted that it played more as a piece of fan fiction than as a reimagining. Additionally, SciFi channel movies such as Rock Monster, Troll, The Serpent King, and S.S. Doomtrooper do not bode well for IT.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I love science fiction. I LOVE it. Probably my favorite genre in movies, tv, books, comics, video games, breakfast cereals, you name it.

I even watch Smallville for god's sake.

But, I DO NOT watch the Sci Fi channel. If that doesn't prove their production values as being somewhere in the negative numbers, than nothing will.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, their shows must really suck then. As I said before, the only series I watched on that channel was Taken and I liked it. However, that was four years ago and I think Spielberg or someone big had a hand in it. Plus it had Dakota Fanning and that girl can act.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i liked Tin Man. I really enjoyed it.
    since they're remaking It, maybe Seth Green can play the ADULT Richie this time.

My Mood
    Worried

since they're remaking It, maybe Seth Green can play the ADULT Richie this time.
    I'll buy that bit of casting.

<3 Seth Green

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I'll buy that bit of casting.

<3 Seth Green
    I'd have to watch it in that case. I had the BIGGEST crush on Seth Green as Richie when I was a kid. (Yeah, I had a crush on the geeky red-head...).

I would be interested to see a remake, but I do agree that it will probably be disappointing. The only Sci-Fi channel stuff I tend to like is the stuff they buy from other networks and re-air. Although I did like their version of Dune better than the original.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrismart83 View Post
    IT is my favourite King book so id love to see another version of it.
    As others have mentioned i really enjoyed the first part of IT , with the children.
    Dont think any actor would better Tm Curry's Pennywise though.
    agreed, Tim Curry was perfect in that role

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast