Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That's awesome. I'm really dying to see a pic of them all in the theater though

Also the weekend estimate keeps going up. It's now up to $123 million.
    AND Florida was essentially closed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Welp I called it. Biggest opening of a horror movie ever. I saw IT yesterday. It was pretty wonderful but no where near as epic as the book. But it did not have to be. Nice to finally see a SK flim go Blockbuster. I'm also convinced that Eddie Dean would kick this pennywise's ass. He was so depowered. But I guess the filmmakers wanted the movie to be more grounded. Still the Ka Tet would of destroyed him. Hahaha

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...tors-to-return
    Though an IT sequel has not officially been greenlit (though perhaps it is to be expected by the time you finish reading this sentence thanks to the film’s huge box office opening), new details have been revealed about the film over at EW.

The outlet reports that the upcoming sequel will see the child actors from the first film reprising their roles, working as flashback scenes for the adult versions of their characters that inform the present day scenes. Director Andy Muschietti stressed that the scenes with the kid actors won’t be quick cutaways but integral to the sequel.

As readers of the original text know, most of the Losers’ Club all move away from Derry, Maine with one notable exception: Mike Hanlon, who stays in the town as a gatekeeper for Derry and to bring the group back together 27 years later. Muschietti says his version of the character will be a departure from the text, saying:

“I want to make his character the one pivotal character who brings them all together, but staying in Derry took a toll with him. I want him to be a junkie actually. A librarian junkie. When the second movie starts, he’s a wreck…He’s not just the collector of knowledge of what Pennywise has been doing in Derry. He will bear the role of trying to figure out how to defeat him. The only way he can do that is to take drugs and alter his mind.”

It remains to be seen who will be cast as the adult versions of the characters in the sequel, with the outlet reporting that unknown actors could fill the shoes for the film.

Muschietti also confirmed, naturally, that Bill Skarsgård will suit up as the evil Pennywise once again for the film. The child actors from the first film include Jaeden Lieberher, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Finn Wolfhard, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, and Jack Dylan Grazer.

IT debuted on September 8 to the tune of $123.1 million opening weekend gross, the highest opening weekend ever for a September release, for a fall release, and for a horror movie. It clocks in just $9 million behind Deadpool for the second-highest opening for an R-rated movie.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/xav...ew-1201875103/
    “It” was destined to be a box office hit, but even Warner Brothers has to be shocked at the Stephen King adaptation’s record-breaking success over it first three days. The Andy Muschietti-directed movie opened to a monstrous $123 million, making it one of the biggest debuts for an R-rated movie and the absolute biggest horror opening weekend in history. The film has revived the box office after a historically low summer, but it’s also making admirers out of industry heavyweights, none more so than Xavier Dolan.

The Cannes-winning director, who is currently in post-production on “The Death and Life of John F. Donovan,” took some time this weekend to see “It,” and to say he adored it would be a massive understatement. Dolan quickly took to Twitter, where he proclaimed “It” was his new favorite movie of the century.

Dolan followed this grand statement with a passionate Instagram post describing just how much the movie meant for him. “This is what entertainment should always be like, and also what it so rarely is,” the director said. “It should always have standards, and treat you with respect for your taste and intelligence.” Read Dolan’s entire “It” reaction in the post below:

Go see @itmovieofficial – for the love of your childhood, for the fears you concealed, and didn’t dare to express. For the extreme, moody, masterful beauty of the photography and sets, for the fun, for the unashamed and guiltless sense of pleasure, for the wit, for @finnwolfhardofficial, @jaedenwesley and all the others, go see it… for EVERYTHING it is and means. This is what entertainment should always be like, and also what it so rarely is. It should always have standards, and treat you with respect for your taste and intelligence.

A post shared by xavierdolan (@xavierdolan) on Sep 10, 2017 at 3:55pm PDT

“It” is now playing in theaters nationwide. Dolan’s “John F. Donovan” does not have a U.S. distributor or a release date yet. He’ll most likely be taking it to one of the early 2018 festivals, perhaps Berlin.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

IT: Three out of Five Rating

The girl that plays Beverly. Mark my words, she's going to make it BIG in Hollywood.
    The camaraderie between the group.
    The "realness" of the way the kids talked, especially around each other.
    The hair from the drain scene
    The LEGO Maturin cameo
    The original Penywise's costume and clown makeup cameo

DISLIKES:
    Spoiler:
    The way the clown looked
    The way the clown talked
    The way the clown acted
    The way the clown bled (seriously, was he in space?)
    The way the clown toyed with some kids so he can drink his Fear Juice, and then killed others, with no distinction
    The way the clown turned into a pussy at the end
    The way the clown yawned and turned into a fucking Langolier
    The way the clown can read minds, shapeshift, teleport, live forever, AND create magical floating-children sandcastles in the sewer
    The leper scene
    The not-there-in-the-beginning but there-at-the-end mummy
    The werewolf-hands/pipe through the eye scene
    The woman with the flute and the weird eyes
    The squiggly clown arms
    The way the bullies looked, especially Henry Mulletman
    The way the bullies weren't bullies but actual attempted-murderers
    I saw every jump scare coming from a mile away, I didn't jump once
    There was no sense of dread, ESPECIALLY in the opening scene. It just ... kept going. They're having a five minute conversation like that's normal
    The zombie dead people that took/killed Patrick in the sewer
    "Beep Beep, Ritchie" Ummmm, excuse me? Where did that come from?
    And so on, a hundred more, I'm sure.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw IT last night. I liked it, but didn't love it. I say 3.5 / 5.

I was hoping rhe horror aspects focused more on the "it knows your fears and plays to them" more and less on the "clown jumps out of the shadows going boooga-boooga-boooga." I realize that it's difficult to tap into internal, primordial FEAR and turn it into horror, and instead go with the "scary clown appears in all sorts of places and in all sorts of ways." But they could have figured it out. Wes Craven did it with the original Nightmare on Elm Street, which was a much scarier movie (on a much lower budget). IT did not actually provide too many scares.

But other than that, I thought it was well done and effective. The kids were very good. I agree with Shannon that the bullies should have been your typical town bullies rather than actual attempts at murder and maiming. When they caught the chubby kid, I'm thinking "oh, they're gonna give him a pink belly" but they start to carve a name with a knife? WTF? Who does that?

IT the novel is on my "good but not great" list for King's works, and it's been 20 years since I've read it, so I don't have any disappointments on how the movie was plotted vs. what happened in the novel. I know they had to cut and change stuff, and that's fine. The movie captured some of the mood of the life of the kids and I appreciate the well-done effort. And thank god they changed the ending which, in the novel, was terrible.

I do very much look forward to the next movie.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I agree with Shannon that the bullies should have been your typical town bullies rather than actual attempts at murder and maiming. When they caught the chubby kid, I'm thinking "oh, they're gonna give him a pink belly" but they start to carve a name with a knife? WTF? Who does that?
    Isn't that exactly what happened in the novel as well as the original mini-series? I don't understand why people are surprised about this scene.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/...en-king-sequel
    There Could Be a Director's Cut

IT is one of Stephen King's longest novels (which is really saying something), and not an easy story to adapt into film form. In the novel, the narrative frequently shifts back and forth between past and present as the members of the Losers Club confront Pennywise as children and adults. Rather than try to cram all that material into one film, Dauberman and Muschietti made the sensible decision to break those twin storylines into separate films.

But there's a chance that hardcore Stephen King fans may be able to experience this story as originally intended. Producer Roy Lee told Collider, "We’re taking it and making the movie from the point of view of the kids, and then making another movie from the point of view of the adults, that could potentially then be cut together like the novel. But it’s gonna be a really fun way of making this movie.”

In other words, don't be surprised if New Line eventually releases a four-hour-long director's cut on Blu-ray that combines the two films chronologically, a la The Godfather Saga.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the movie last night, and to be short : I didnt get scared, but i freaking loved it.
    I dont see a single thing that should be changed, everything is so perfect !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was told that in the US there is a "scene" after the credits... but we got here was

Spoiler:
    just a laugh.... was there more in the US?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

I've heard there was an after credits scene showing what happened to Henry in test screenings, but it was removed from the final cut. The US release has the same thing you mentioned.

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was talking to a guy yesterday who was ecstatic after watching It, this weekend.* He actually told me that around 5 (or was it 7?) people walked out of the screening where he was.

"Was it too scary for them?" I asked.
    "No, they didn't like it because it was different from the original series," he replied.

Now, I really liked the series, but... wow. Kinda boggles the mind. I'm not keen on remakes myself, but this is another adaptation of the book, surely? (Possibly more faithful, although I've yet to see it to judge for myself. Just walking out of a film I've paid at least £11 to see boggles my mind, even if I'm not liking it.)

Anyway. It still seems to be largely going down well. I'm really looking forward to seeing it myself.

* The guy was actually training me and others in a new job. ** Amusingly he and other colleagues kept exclaiming "you'll float too!" as they passed each other. Repeatedly.

** A job I didn't get in the end. He was teaching us forklift driving yesterday, and it turns out my LLOP truck driving is a horror film, all of its own. Above chat was after my later crate bumping escapades while another guy was navigating the course.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I was talking to a guy yesterday who was ecstatic after watching It, this weekend.* He actually told me that around 5 (or was it 7?) people walked out of the screening where he was.

"No, they didn't like it because it was different from the original series," he replied.

Now, I really liked the series, but... wow. Kinda boggles the mind. I'm not keen on remakes myself, but this is another adaptation of the book, surely? (Possibly more faithful, although I've yet to see it to judge for myself. Just walking out of a film I've paid at least £11 to see boggles my mind, even if I'm not liking it.)

Anyway. It still seems to be largely going down well. I'm really looking forward to seeing it myself.

* The guy was actually training me and others in a new job. ** Amusingly he and other colleagues kept exclaiming "you'll float too!" as they passed each other. Repeatedly.

** A job I didn't get in the end. He was teaching us forklift driving yesterday, and it turns out my LLOP truck driving is a horror film, all of its own. Above chat was after my later crate bumping escapades while another guy was navigating the course.
    I don't believe anyone would have walked out on this movie. In fact, I call bullshit on what he said. What did he do... see someone walk out, interrupt his movie experience to get up and chase each person out to ask them? Lol come on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    I've heard there was an after credits scene showing what happened to Henry in test screenings, but it was removed from the final cut. The US release has the same thing you mentioned.
    thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

http://nerdist.com/freddy-krueger-al...phen-kings-it/
    The big screen adaptation of It has turned Bill Skarsgård’s version of Pennywise the Clown into an overnight horror icon, but it’s been revealed that It almost had a cameo appearance from another horror legend: none other than Freddy Krueger.

In an interview with Aint-It-Cool-News (via SyfyWire), It director Andy Muschietti said that he briefly entertained the notion of having Pennywise, who shape shifts based on the fears of his child victims, appear as Freddy Krueger to one of the kids. Seeing as how It is a new New Line Cinema release, and the A Nightmare On Elm Street franchise is also owned by New Line, getting the rights wouldn’t have been an issue.

So why didn’t it end up happening? According to Muschietti, he said, “Obviously we considered that for a bit, but I really wasn’t too crazy about bringing stuff like Freddy into the story. I thought it was a bit too meta with New Line involved in the film. It’s distracting and it didn’t feel right, for some reason. I wanted to bring fears that were a little more layered and related to childhood trauma and more surprising in general.”

In Stephen King’s original novel, the childhood portions of the story take place in 1958, the era of “creature features” on television recycling things like the Universal monsters for a new generation of kids. Because of that, the fears of the kids often manifest into things like Dracula, the Wolfman, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. With the story in the movie transposed to the ’80s, it would have made sense for at least one of the kids to be afraid of the movie slashers of the day who were insanely popular.

Had Freddy made his cameo, it would have been interesting to see if Robert Englund would have been the one to play the part. How cool would that have been? Although the Freddy cameo didn’t materialize, there is another nod to the dream stalker in the film — a movie marquee in the town of Derry shows a theater playing A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child, which, of course, came out in the summer of ’89.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post

In addition to what webstar said (great point, by the way), people wait for screenings get there early to ensure entrance, and they wait for HOURS. Here in Vegas for normal movies I get there about an hour early, for BIG movies it's two hours. Rose and I got to Power Rangers two hours early, we were still a hundred people back.

Why would they wait hours only to walk out? Bullshit squared.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

When I viewed the movie, there were less than 10 people there (Friday morning-11am). 2 people got up and left mid movie. Both returned with popcorn bucket and soda refills.
    I left 2/3 of the way through (restroom break) and returned in a jiffy.

I agree with the "I call bullshit" statement.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw it this afternoon. Meh, there's worse ways to blow $5.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    So... you didn't like it?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    So... you didn't like it?

As Ritchie would say,
    Spoiler:
    I fuckin' loved it!
    The kids were awesome but Ritchie stole the show for me. The theatre was about half full this afternoon and the crowd was cracking up. I honestly didn't feel it was a horror movie and I got vibe from the crowd as well. It just wasn't that scary, but a great coming of age flick I thought. The adults have their work cut out for them in Part 2 to carry forward the momentum that the kids have established. Especially the part of Ritchie. Anything less than what the kid pulled off will be disappointing. And I didn't mind the changes from the novel or mini-series at all.

The mini-series has been showing on Spike pretty much non-stop and boy does the acting suck in that production. I watched it several times before I saw the film to compare the two. I never really cared for Curry's Pennywise but he grew on me more and more with each watch. Pennywise 2.0 was nothing to write home about for me either. While my distaste for the mini-series will never abate, I will concede that if not for it, the film may not have been such a huge success that that it is. Still one of the greatest King books written IMO and it's impossible to improve upon the written word for myself.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That's awesome. I'm really dying to see a pic of them all in the theater though

Also the weekend estimate keeps going up. It's now up to $123 million.
    AND Florida was essentially closed.
    Most of it is still closed.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast