Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More Derry shots in this article:

https://www.northumberlandnews.com/w...-in-port-hope/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool Pics!!!! You are the best, my friend!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Cool Pics!!!! You are the best, my friend!!!!!!!
    Thanks, Bill. More set pics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...apter-Two.html
    They play a couple of 'It' girls — though not the type you'd want to be.

Jessica Chastain and Sophia Willis took turns playing the same character as they filmed It: Chapter Two in Ontario, Canada on Tuesday.

Both women play the younger and older versions of Beverly Marsh in the highly-anticipated sequel to last year's blockbuster thriller.

For the scenes, Jessica wore ripped black jeans and trainers paired with a dark grey blazer worn over a white top.

Sophia meanwhile rocked dark green overall shorts with a maroon tank top and dark brown booties.

While the younger Beverly showed off scuffed up legs while filming, Chastain looked worse for wear, sporting noticeable bruising along her forearm.

The all-star cast also includes James McAvoy, Bill Hader, Jay Ryan and Isaiah Mustafa, with Bill Skarsgard reprising his role as Pennywise the Dancing Clown.

In the follow-up, SNL star Hader is set to play the grown-up version of Richie Tozier, played by Stranger Things' Finn Wolfhard in part one.

Like the Stephen King Novel it is based on, and the classic 90s miniseries, the story of It is told in two halves, chronicling the Lucky Seven's encounter with Pennywise as children, then as adults.

The 2017 film grossed over $700million, multiplying its $35million budget by 20.

It remains the highest grossing horror film ever, and second-highest R-rated movie, behind Deadpool.

It: Chapter 2 floats into theaters on Sept. 6, 2019.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Great pics. Thanks for posting them. But it's going to be difficult waiting a year, but I have high hopes for part 2.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Coming soon from Funko:
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pics are great!

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how you do it, Mae!!!! Pretty cool video IMHO Very interesting. You think this phenomenon was in force when King originally thought of the 27/30 year cycle for "IT"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those that might be interested:

IT Pennywise 2017 AF Figure
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cbr.com/it-cary-fukunaga-left-film/
    Cary Fukunaga, who was once Warner Bros.’ pick for directing 2017’s It, has finally opened up about his reasons for leaving the film.

Originally reported as “creative reasons,” Fukunaga detailed in an interview with GQ the studio feared it could not control him.

Fukunaga connected his time working on the adaptation of Stephen King’s 1986 opus to his time directing Season 1 of HBO’s True Detective. Fukunaga recalled working with showrunner Nic Pizzolatto, advocating for the six-minute-long take that eventually came to define the show, compromising and defending his directorial decisions in equal measure. It was precisely this sort of push and pull that led the studio to fear for their ability to control the project, but Fukunaga didn’t fully buy that reasoning.

“No, they thought they couldn’t control me,” Fukunaga said. “I would have been a total collaborator. That was the kind of ridiculous part. It was just more a perception. I have never seen a note and been like, fuck you guys. No way. It’s always been a conversation.”

He wasn’t done relating his projects to one another, using 2014’s Netflix film Beasts of No Nation to showcase his ability to compromise, which makes his departure from It all the more heartbreaking.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been able to make something uncompromising,” he said. “Like, someone commented on Beasts, ‘Oh, how did it feel to make a movie that’s uncompromising?’ Like, uncompromising? I had to rewrite my entire third act ’cause we didn’t have the money to finish the film. We compromise all over the place.”

Given what we’ve heard regarding Fukunaga’s vision for It, he probably would have had to compromise all over the place. His first drafts deviated heavily from King’s novel and contained heavily sexual subtexts, and it’s hard to imagine Warner Bros. signing off on those decisions.

Nevertheless, Andy Muschietti’s final product was highly successful and harkened back to an age where mainstream horror really connected with audiences. It went on to be the highest-grossing horror film of all time, with an impressive $700 million worldwide box office haul.

It: Chapter 2, from director Andy Muscietti, will release in September 2019, and Cary Fukunaga’s dark comedy Maniac, starring Jonah Hill and Emma Stone, will hit Netflix on September 21, 2018.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-Two-set.html
    He brought Stephen King's most iconic character to life in the 2017 reboot of horror flick It

Now Bill Skarsgard is back again as Pennywise The Dancing Clown.

The 28-year old actor was seen in the first photos from the set of It: Chapter Two in Ontario, Canada on Friday.

Filming for the sequel has been in full swing in the Toronto area for about two months now.

Skarsgard was in full Pennywise garb as he was suspended in the air with a wire for a CGI scene.

As the scene progressed, the actor slid down the wire as he held on to some balloons.

The first installment of It was set in the summer of 1989 and told the story of seven children in Derry, Maine who were terrorized by Pennywise.

In Chapter Two, the film jumps ahead 27-years, to 2016. Co-stars James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain, Jay Ryan, Bill Hader, Isaiah Mustafa, Andy Bean and Teach Grant all play the adult versions of The Losers Club.

The young stars of the original film do make a return as the younger Losers.

Turns out, the set has a much different feel for Skarsgard this time around.

'It’s almost like I’m re-adapting myself,' the actor revealed to Collider. 'The character became very iconic. Pennywise became a star. You see Instagram posts of people dressing up or dressing their kids as Pennywise for Halloween. It’s all over the place... So, it became this completely universal thing, outside of the thing.'

In the first film, Skarsgard didn't spend much time around the young stars so his look and mannerisms could invoke guttural reactions. That has all changed now that they are older and there is a new adult cast.

'Off camera, I get to hang out with the entire adult cast now. It’s weird and it’s surreal because some of them are really big stars and they’re coming in to your thing. They’re stepping into the thing that me and Andy and the kids did. They’re joining the band, in a way. '

He added, 'They’re all really cool and talented people, so I think they will bring a lot to the table.'

The first film set numerous box office records and grossed $700million worldwide. Unadjusted for inflation, it is the highest grossing and most profitable horror film of all time. It's also fourth-highest-grossing R-rated film.

It: Chapter Two is scheduled to hit theaters September 6, 2019.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.northumberlandnews.com/n...-in-port-hope/
    Pennywise the Dancing Clown was hanging around in Memorial Park Friday probably causing all sorts of trouble for the Largo cast.

Played by Swedish actor Bill Skarsgard in both this film and the monster hit horror movie It, Pennywise was seen sitting on the shoulder of the massive Paul Bunyan statue in the park Friday.

The Port Hope statue is similar to one that stands in Bangor, Maine, which is home to Stephen King, the famous author behind the It inspired films.

The statue’s been a hit with local residents and has been in the park for more than a week.

Third Act Productions returned to Port Hope Friday, Aug. 31 to film in and around the Memorial Park area. The crew is expected to return again in early September with multiple filming dates.

Locations will include Walton Street, Bloomsgrove Street, interior and exterior filming at Keene’s Pharmacy, an exterior shoot at the Carlyle Hotel and Canadian Tire store, the Walton Street bridge at night, and more.

Sometime between Sept. 18 and Sept. 21, an exterior film shoot is anticipated in the Robertson Street bridge area and there could be a possible road closure for stunt work.

Within this same time, Lakeland Place will get a bit of a makeover, with a full carnival setup expected for filming.

In later September, movie scenes will be shot both inside and outside the town hall and Capitol Theatre.

The It movie also filmed in Port Hope in 2016.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait...

Country
    Country Flag

https://comicbook.com/horror/2018/09...berman-ending/
    In IT: Chapter Two, the characters we met in the first movie come together 27 years later to battle an evil threat that is tormenting their small town of Derry, Maine. The writer behind the sequel, Gary Dauberman, shared his excitement to work on the project while also hinting at the emotional impact of the film's finale.

"Like I said with the first one, it’s really this embarrassment of riches. It was trying to do your best job of taking what Stephen King wrote so beautifully all those years ago and try to translate it to the script page," Dauberman shared with SlashFilm. "For me it was just really fun to be able to revisit these characters and see what they’re up to 27 years later. There was a challenge trying to get all those character introductions and “here’s where we are so far” which is fun to tackle. How can we find an elegant solution to introduce this many characters again to the audience?"

In the original novel and in the 1990 miniseries, the narrative takes place in the "present," with the adult characters coming together to honor an oath they made as children, while using flashbacks to explore their various connections to one another. Director Andy Muschietti decided to fracture the timeline so that audiences can connect exclusively with the young characters in the first film, making for a more fulfilling emotional journey in the follow-up film.

"In the first one, they’re all together in school so you see them in a bunch but 27 years later, I don’t think it’s a spoiler they’re sort of scattered all over the country," Dauberman noted. "So we see pieces of who they’ve become which I think is really exciting. Then of course it was great to see them return to Derry."

The Losers' Club reunites for the first time at a restaurant, making it a memorable scene for audiences in both the book and miniseries.

"The Jade of the Orient is such a defining and iconic scene in the book. That was something I remember as a thing I was writing towards," the writer confessed. "It was like, 'Okay, coming up is Jade of the Orient. That’s going to be super cool.' It was a nice signpost to write towards which I dug."

Writing the film wasn't an entirely joyful experience, with Dauberman noting, "The ending I think will satisfy the audience and maybe break their hearts a little bit."

IT: Chapter Two will land in theaters on September 6, 2019.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

IT: Chapter Two Will Feature The Weirdest Element From The Book

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245...-from-the-book

...Even beyond the talked-to-death orgy scene, there is the crazy way in which The Losers Club defeats Pennywise, called the Ritual of Chüd, involving all kinds of bizarre metaphysics, and tongue-biting. It's material that's actually kind of hard to fully imagine even when you're reading the book, but according to screenwriter Gary Dauberman, fans will definitely see a cinematic take on it in IT: Chapter Two...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

https://www.northumberlandnews.com/n...wn-port-hope-/

PORT HOPE — There have been several reports of Stephen King visiting Port Hope today to visit the set and cast of Largo.

Third Act Productions is back in Port Hope on Tuesday, Sept. 11 after filming got rained out the day before.

According to a Facebook post on the page of Joie de Vivre, an aromatherapy and body-care products store located at located at 45 Walton St. in downtown Port Hope, American author Stephen King was “hiding” in their store this morning as filming was taking place at the site.

On Sept. 8 the store shared on social media that they would be temporarily closed with “lots of filming going on” downtown, “including at the real Joie de Vivre dressed up as ‘Second Hand Rose!!’ Tons of excitement, come watch the fun.”
    Related Content

Calls made to the store went to an answering service that said staff should be back to business as normal on Sept. 18.

Asked about Stephen King being in town, Kevin Narraway, the marketing and tourism manager for Port Hope, said he hasn’t seen him but “apparently he is coming to do a cameo appearance.”

He said crews have set up at the former Canadian Tire location and at Lake-Land Place across the street at 74 Queen St., which is slowly being transformed into a full carnival for filming.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm curious to see how part 2 goes over with audiences who aren't familiar with the book.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

PORT HOPE — There have been several reports of Stephen King visiting Port Hope today to visit the set and cast of Largo.

Third Act Productions is back in Port Hope on Tuesday, Sept. 11 after filming got rained out the day before.

According to a Facebook post on the page of Joie de Vivre, an aromatherapy and body-care products store located at located at 45 Walton St. in downtown Port Hope, American author Stephen King was “hiding” in their store this morning as filming was taking place at the site.

Asked about Stephen King being in town, Kevin Narraway, the marketing and tourism manager for Port Hope, said he hasn’t seen him but “apparently he is coming to do a cameo appearance.”
    Steve did tweet today that he was in Canada for a few days.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly what I was going to say !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Traveler Rose_Mad-Hatter will become famous soon enough Rose_Mad-Hatter will become famous soon enough Rose_Mad-Hatter's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the original series. Gotta love the cheese. I was impressed with the remake to a point. I had ridiculously high expectations given the special effects that are available today. It still irks me big time when something is missing from the movie that was in the book. I need to be real with myself and admit what I already know, the movie will NEVER be as good as the book. I am hoping that the second part isn’t a hack job and can not wait to see it. Only 362 days to go.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Given time limitations, these movies were always going to be missing something from the books; I'm just glad that the first was as good as it was.

I will always love the miniseries; I liked how it used the book's general structure of starting with an adult to introduce the child's story.

In a perfect world, I'd have liked to see a 20-hour cable miniseries adaptation with the same production values as the recent movie, with some episodes focusing only on Mike, in direct 1-to-1 adaptations of the Derry Interludes. Many common viewers would find these boring, but I would eat them up.

All of the characters are important, and I guess Pennywise is the "star," but Mike can really be seen as the heart of the novel. The marginalization of Mike in the recent movie is a head-scratcher; I guess we'll see what #2 holds.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it would have been great as a TV show. I remember reading the chapter on 'Eddie's Bad Break' and thinking that could make for a whole hour of television right there.

One of the comparisons I like to make between the 1990 miniseries and the new movie is the miniseries was a pragmatic adaptation in that it tried to adapt everything it could within the limits they had whereas the new film just used the novel as a jumping off point to do their own thing.

For example, Bev's husband. In the novel, he has this whole extended subplot with him trying to find Beverly, he kidnaps Audra and brings her to the sewers, he dies and that's it for him. It's not bad writing but all he really does is bring Audra. So the miniseries removes all that and just has the scene where Audra runs into Pennywise at the gas station. That's the type of change that makes sense, you only have so much time and having Bev's husband would just take away from a lot of important material.

Looking at the new film, they were just changing stuff for the heck of it as if they felt they could improve on it. Like why change Alvin Marsh's character the way they did? Why did we need to have him be a creepy molester and have Bev be traumatized by it (and yes I realize that in the book its implied that he had feelings)? What point did that serve?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be amazing if there was a picture of Bill Skarsgard in full Pennywise costume reading a hardback of IT? I wish someone could make that happen...

Traveler Rose_Mad-Hatter will become famous soon enough Rose_Mad-Hatter will become famous soon enough Rose_Mad-Hatter's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So much YES on this thread. Forget the “Georgie” movie someone just remake the mini series.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Does anyone have any info on a directors cut of part one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast