Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hader seems like he could do it. McAvoy is certainly a good actor, but he seems a bit too intense for the role of Bill (maybe he can dial it back).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I can't share it yet, but I know of other three actors in talks. Two of major roles, one minor.
    So there is only 1 missing and they can officially announce them all?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    I have a new found respect for McaVoy after watching ‘Split’ he was fantastic in that.
    Agreed!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Hader seems like he could do it. McAvoy is certainly a good actor, but he seems a bit too intense for the role of Bill (maybe he can dial it back).
    IDK I think they are both inspired choices and will be great IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because you can never have enough Pennywise merchandise...

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

They've kicked off pre-production, with various reports of people joining the behind the scenes team:

Oscar-Winning ‘Shape of Water’ Production Designer Tackling ‘IT: Chapter 2’
    “The Strain” and “True Blood” Cinematographer Joins ‘IT: Chapter 2’

It also seems like Colin Hanks has been cast in a role:

These days, he's starring on the CBS sitcom Life in Pieces and in the horror film It: Chapter Two.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hanks would make a decent adult Bill.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I was thinking more Stan than anything.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Stan works too.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hanks could play any role IMHO.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://comicbook.com/horror/2018/04/...dy-muschietti/
    Production on the highly-anticipated sequel to last year's IT begins this summer from director Andy Muschietti, though fans are still curious to discover which adult actors will portray the older versions of the young Losers' Club we previously met. When speaking to the audience at CinemaCon, Muschietti might not have confirmed casting details, but he did promise this new film will be even more horrifying than the original installment.

"They're gonna find a lot of things that resemble the first one, the humor, the emotion, the horror," Muschietti shared, as reported by ComicBook.com. "People are very invested emotionally in the characters of the story. At the end of the first one, there's a promise of something else...It's gonna be scarier. It's gonna be a more intense experience. So, bring your adult diapers to the theater."

Given how frightening the first film was, it's hard to imagine the second film could top it, so clearly Muschietti has a lot of faith in the direction he's going to take with the film.

In Stephen King's novel, a group of children is tormented by an otherworldly threat lurking the town of Derry, Maine. The kids confront the threat, thinking they've solved all their problems, only for those problems to surface again 27 years later.

No official casting announcements have surfaced, though Jessica Chastain, James McAvoy, and Bill Hader have all reportedly been in talks to join the picture. Were the trio to join the film, this would still only confirm less than half of the necessary core cast members to portray the Losers' Club.

The previous adaptation of the novel utilized the same fractured timeline as the novel, jumping back and forth between the events unfolding with young characters and their adult counterparts. For his adaptation, Muschietti wanted to focus solely on the earlier timeline in hopes of audiences connecting more with the characters before eventually depicting the horrors they face as adults.

Given the massive success of the 2017 film, which went on to earn more than $700 million worldwide, the upcoming sequel is sure to draw in some big names to fill out the rest of the cast.

Filming on IT: Chapter 2 is set to begin this July and will hit theaters on September 6, 2019. Fans will also get to see an all-new adaptation of King's Pet Sematary next year, which will hit theaters on April 19th.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Hanks could play any role IMHO.
    Well, maybe not Bev.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could make things really interesting if he did!
    Like jake blacks role in the "re imagined" Jumanji...

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want to believe him when he says how dark and scary it will be but the original film felt (aside from a few moments like the Georgie death although even that was 'softer' than it was in the book) very 'safe' and filtered for as large an audience as possible (which I guess they succeeded).
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think that was my main issue with it. It did feel too safe. Nowhere near the levels of horror/suspense/psychological drama in the book.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Some parts just felt like they were going through the motions. I.E. Henry carving the H on Ben was three quick strikes as opposed to him taking his time in the book. Or having the leper show up just as another gross monster moment.

Like obviously there's a lot of stuff that I would never expect to show up in any adaptation but there's still plenty of material that could have been included that would have pushed the horror element. Given how the director was going out of his way to demean the miniseries and say "We're going to approach the darker elements that they couldn't" they could have gone a lot further.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/enter...018-story.html
    Stephen King has a special relationship to the expletive of this show’s title. Frequent readers will note that it appears in his work more than other curse words, and the use of it often portends a coming-of-age theme. This is probably the only trope of King’s not to be skewered in this comedy musical. From page count to protagonists being primarily writers to Maine to token minorities to menstruation metaphors to inconsistencies in the interlaced mythology that binds every story, the reigning King of Horror takes his lumps.

Narrated by a character called Definitely Not Stephen King, this abridged telling of the coulrophobia-inducing “It” pulls from the book while focusing on the childhood section featured in the recent movie. Stuttering “Will” and his friends (still called the Losers) do battle with the demonic Poundfoolish, the Prancing Harlequin.

The show also goes after (literally) the lawyers that litigate copyright claims.

The Fringe Factor: The Fringe has a grand tradition of raunchy musical parodies of pop culture phenomena. JMEG Theatrical out of Winter Garden has created the quintessential version of that. Jokes about genitals are frequent and anything approaching subtlety is summarily stomped on. Some bits come close to “too far,” such as the character of Bitchie, played by a white actor representing every token character King uses, or the exaggerated method by which we learn about Deberly’s lascivious father. But if “too far” is in your vocabulary, a lot of Fringe isn’t going to be your cup of tea.

Curtain Call: As with most parodies, expect a few bits to wear out their welcome and maybe a couple of songs to feel unnecessary. But the cast is committed and at times ingenious, especially the women. Fans of Maine’s native son will definitely enjoy the deep-cut references and anyone with even a passing knowledge will get more than a few laughs.

Where & When: Orange Venue, 60 minutes, 9:45 p.m. May 16, 4:20 p.m. May 19, 10:45 p.m. May 20, 10:15 p.m. May 22, 9 p.m. May 23, 10:15 p.m. May 25, 8:15 p.m. May 26

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I want to believe him when he says how dark and scary it will be but the original film felt (aside from a few moments like the Georgie death although even that was 'softer' than it was in the book) very 'safe' and filtered for as large an audience as possible (which I guess they succeeded).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, I think that was my main issue with it. It did feel too safe. Nowhere near the levels of horror/suspense/psychological drama in the book.
    Given how the director was going out of his way to demean the miniseries and say "We're going to approach the darker elements that they couldn't" they could have gone a lot further.
    Geez, I don't know that any of these things are "fair". I mean the movie was scary as shit IMHO. Was there a quote or something I missed where the director specifically compared the movie to the TV version? of course, you guys are certainly entitled to your opinions I guess I just don't exactly agree is all. Think maybe you guys are being a little too critical and focusing on the micro differences? I mean overall, to me anyway, the film was much darker, felt much darker than the somewhat vanilla TV movie. I felt it was a LOT more of a film adaption of the book. More so than quite a few film adaptions of Kings' works.

Also, much as I loved, Curry and his portrayal of Pennywise, this pennywise was way more terrifying than his both in costume and portrayal. JMHO of course.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Was there a quote or something I missed where the director specifically compared the movie to the TV version?
    Yeah he's gone after it numerous times.

"Most of the people are excited about seeing a good adaptation. There are naysayers. Those tend to be the people who are fans of the miniseries rather than the fans of the book. People who read the book and got the book, they’re not crazy about the miniseries. It was a very watered-down version. It didn’t contain the darkness that the book had. They couldn’t make something for TV about a clown who eats children."

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/it...rd-1202499038/

Which really annoyed me, the notion that only people who haven't read the book would like the miniseries. I've read the book over a dozen times and Tim Curry is still the definitive Pennywise in my eyes. It definitely falls apart in the second part but the stuff with the kids is magic imo.

I mean overall, to me anyway, the film was much darker, felt much darker than the somewhat vanilla TV movie. I felt it was a LOT more of a film adaption of the book.
    I mean it was darker but aside from Georgie's death and the bit with Bev's father molesting her (which was completely unnecessary) a lot of it 'safe'. Like they threw in the leper but they didn't include the bit where he offered Eddie a blowjob so it was just some creepy zombie. There was a lot of humor which also diluted the horror (the book was funny but not too funny), like the rock fight was played for laughs.

I personally think the miniseries is more faithful. When I compare the two, I feel the miniseries tried to be as faithful as possible within the time and content limits. Whereas with the new film, it was like using the book as a jumping off point. For example, Bev's father molesting her (heck almost anything with Bev, like the bit with everyone slut-shaming her had no basis in the book), Georgie being 'missing' as opposed to being dead, etc...

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Was there a quote or something I missed where the director specifically compared the movie to the TV version?
    Yeah he's gone after it numerous times.

"Most of the people are excited about seeing a good adaptation. There are naysayers. Those tend to be the people who are fans of the miniseries rather than the fans of the book. People who read the book and got the book, they’re not crazy about the miniseries. It was a very watered-down version. It didn’t contain the darkness that the book had. They couldn’t make something for TV about a clown who eats children."

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/it...rd-1202499038/

Which really annoyed me, the notion that only people who haven't read the book would like the miniseries. I've read the book over a dozen times and Tim Curry is still the definitive Pennywise in my eyes. It definitely falls apart in the second part but the stuff with the kids is magic imo.

I mean overall, to me anyway, the film was much darker, felt much darker than the somewhat vanilla TV movie. I felt it was a LOT more of a film adaption of the book.
    I mean it was darker but aside from Georgie's death and the bit with Bev's father molesting her (which was completely unnecessary) a lot of it 'safe'. Like they threw in the leper but they didn't include the bit where he offered Eddie a blowjob so it was just some creepy zombie. There was a lot of humor which also diluted the horror (the book was funny but not too funny), like the rock fight was played for laughs.

I personally think the miniseries is more faithful. When I compare the two, I feel the miniseries tried to be as faithful as possible within the time and content limits. Whereas with the new film, it was like using the book as a jumping off point. For example, Bev's father molesting her (heck almost anything with Bev, like the bit with everyone slut-shaming her had no basis in the book). Georgie being 'missing' as opposed to being dead, etc...
    Huh, I hadn't heard anything regarding the director taking a shot at the mini-series so, thanks for that. You make some good points and it has been perhaps a little too long a span since I last re-read the book. Gonna have to fix that for sure. IMO you really can't compare the two in that given the time frame and restrictions incumbent on a TV version there is no way to really do a book like that justice on TV at the time. Though they really did do a pretty good job of it all things considered.

Comparing, Curry and Skarsgard is difficult as well. I mean I LOVED, Curry's interpetation but there are some merits to the Skarsgard version as well. I guess I always pictured, Pennywise more like the current version in my head when reading the book so maybe that explains a lot when it comes to my opinions on it. Gotta say, one of the very first things that struck me when I first viewed the movie was the overall darker tenor than the TV version. Of course, I suppose the jury is still out in a way until we see how they deal with the second half.

In the end though, I think trying to compare the two is fruitless and lie trying to compare, Babe Ruth to Hank Aaron. Just apples and oranges i think. Anyway, thanks a bunch for the additional info. Much appreciated!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

FWIW I did like the film and I concede that if they had gone full hog it probably would not have reached the audience it did (and it makes me very happy that a Stephen King film was this huge given how the last couple of SK films have fared).

IMO the best solution would have been a ten part miniseries (which is what 'The Stand' is getting). Maybe have Mike Flanagan do it.

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW I did like the film and I concede that if they had gone full hog it probably would not have reached the audience it did (and it makes me very happy that a Stephen King film was this huge given how the last couple of SK films have fared).

IMO the best solution would have been a ten part miniseries (which is what 'The Stand' is getting). Maybe have Mike Flanagan do it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...t-chapter-two/

Somebody grab my inhaler, the casting for It: Chapter Two is getting too goddamn good. Already, it’s been confirmed that Jessica Chastain has signed on to play a grown-up Beverly Marsh, with both Bill Hader and James McAvoy circling similar adult roles for Richie Tozier and Bill Denborough, respectively. Well, now we know who’s officially playing Eddie Kaspbrak.

This evening, the great James Ransone confirmed via Twitter that he’s playing the twitchy asthmatic in Andy Muschietti’s highly anticipated sequel, writing, “Well, it’s official. I will have these very big small shoes to fill. Keep it to yourselves…”

Also:

Country
    Country Flag

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/an...ve-1202812635/
    “It: Chapter 2” has found another addition to its cast of Losers, as Andy Bean is set to play Stanley in “It: Chapter 2,” sources tell Variety.

Earlier on Wednesday, James Ransone announced in a since-deleted tweet that he would be playing adult Eddie in the pic.

Young Stanley was played by Wyatt Oleff in the first film, and Bean now joins Jessica Chastain, James McAvoy, and Bill Hader, who play Beverly, Bill, and Richie, respectively, in the sequel. Bill Skarsgard is also set to return as Pennywise.

Director Andy Muschietti is back to direct, with Gary Dauberman penning the script. The sequel will bow on Sept. 6, 2019, with production expected to start this summer.

“Chapter One” of “It” followed the first half of Stephen King’s eponymous novel, telling the story of a group of children who are terrorized by Pennywise the Clown and forced to face their own demons to defeat him. “Chapter Two” will follow the last half of the novel, when the characters return to their hometown years later as adults to face Pennywise once again.

The first film was a massive hit, grossing $700 million worldwide, including $327 domestically.

Bean was most recently seen in the HBO series “Here and Now” and the Starz series “Power.” He is repped by TalentWorks and Magnolia Entertainment.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast