+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for artwork to add along with my book collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Amber is on a distinguished road Amber's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Looking for artwork to add along with my book collection

Hi, I am wanting some unique artwork to display with my books that #1 is not nude, and #2 isn't scary as my 2 imps are 8 and can get afraid easily. any ideas?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

you men there is other kinds of art out there beside's nudes and scary?....hmmmm, interesting...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you looking for pictures or sculpture? If it's the latter check Rachel Readmans thread or website RachelReadman.com.
    I can recommend her 'Constant Reader' sculpture (pictures in my collection thread)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw her artwork very nice. I think just pics for right now

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

If you can find someone to sell you the extra fold-outs from Knowing Darkness, that would be perfect. Ask around.

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

There is also Whelan 's artwork on his site.

http://www.michaelwhelan.com/
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cemetery Dance also does prints periodically, if you are looking for something a little easier on the checkbook. They still have a couple signed Glenn Chadbourne prints on the website--only $25 each!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info yall. I will check it all out as soon as this Migraine I have lets up....

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you are looking for prints rather than sculpture, I have 'Constant Reader' and 'Emptiness' prints that are not scary, I offer commissions too or can add original art to the prints etc if you wish. Feel free to contact me to discuss your requirements.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Artist Remarques directly in the books are very popular and for the most part add value to the edition. Also, even if they are scary, they're in the book so your "Imps" won't see them unless you show them.

Also, Don Maitz, who did "Desperation" feels exactly as you do and does some wonderful work that is SK related, yet not as "scary".

http://www.paravia.com/DonMaitz/website/index.html

There is also, Erin Wells...

http://www.rowanstudio.biz/index.html

And Alex McVey (who also does some SK related "lovable" statues)

http://www.alexmcvey.com/gallery/light/
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Merlin

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tomislav Tikulin is selling prints of his pics with low print run at http://www.tomtikulin-art.com/. His artwork was in Full Dark, No Stars and the 30th Anniversary of Christine.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Thanks Merlin
    You are very welcome, my dear. I would be remiss if I did not mention that some of the folks I referenced are/have donated items to the Haven Fund that will be in coming auctions you can bid on.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

well it will be awhile before I can buy anything as I have just bought some books from stroppygoblin which I might add are on their way here

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    If you can find someone to sell you the extra fold-outs from Knowing Darkness, that would be perfect. Ask around.
    You mean these? (sorry NOT for sale!)

A close up of my favourite (for obvious reasons...)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

hey yes i like those! Are those for sale? hahahaha just kidding, but yes i want something like that to frame. I dig that Maximum Overdrive one, how cool is that? I'm funny

+ Reply to Thread