Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AutoGraph Magazine/Carlosdetweiller (Bob) interview

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I can send you a copy.
    I could scrounge around and find it, but just PM me your address.
    Thank you!! Will PM u

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I'll need to see if I can find this in my area. I might have to run up to Daytona for something like this though
    Congratulations Bob! Maybe Mr. King will stop by and see what all you have one day

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those who have not seen this yet, a teaser article is now on-line.

http://autographmagazine.com/tabid/7...lecting-K.aspx
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Autograph magazine article

Posted by Vince Liaguno at Shocklines:

My newest article for Autograph magazine just hit stands. From Bangor with Love: The Passion of Collecting King looks at the Stephen King collectibles market from the viewpoints of a professional autograph dealer, the owner of a dedicated Stephen King bookstore, and an avid private collector. Lots of cool pics of King signing for collectors, as well as an image of a letter from King at age 14 to legendary publisher Forest J. Ackerman asking him to consider a short story for publication --- thought to be the earliest King signature/collectible in the hands of a private collector. Lots of fun researching this one, and a special shout out to Jonathan Reitan who put me on the trail of two of the subjects interviewed for the piece. On sale now at Borders, Barnes & Noble, and other bookstores. Teaser for the 6-page article online

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for my copy to show up!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who owns that 14yo sig?
    Carlos....?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Who owns that 14yo sig?
    Carlos....?
    Yes, it is in my collection. I'll post a pic later.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This is the photo that, I think, is used in the article.

It is the cover letter to a short story that King sent to Forrest J. Ackerman in 1961 or 1962. Ackerman was the editor of Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine but he was also the editor of Spacemen magazine and it was to Spacemen that King sent the story.

I believe that this letter accompanied a short story called "The Killer" which eventually was published by Ackerman in Famous Monsters of Filmland #202, Spring, 1994. The original 1 page typescript is reprinted. I don't know who owns the typescript.

The cover letter was auctioned in 1987 as part of a massive auction of Ackerman's collection in New York by Guernsey's. The catalog is now collectible and available on ABE. I think the letter was initially purchased by the late John McLaughlin. I bought it about five years ago from Stuart Schiff in a lot of several other letters.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

That is a remarkably mature cover letter for a 14-year-old!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

There's no loop in the 'S' and the 'G' is off...a pretty obvious forgery by Ackerman if you ask me, trying to glom on King's fame after the fact...haha...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I went ahead and merged this with the pre-existing thread.
    That is the letter in the magazine article.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here is 'The Killer' story if your interested:

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/2eefdcfa58_0.36MB

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The link takes me to a "title" page, but there is nothing there.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't get the story either. All I see is the title and that it's a PDF file.

I just received my copy of the Autograph magazine in the mail today. A very interesting article.

John

Scroll down that page to the part that says "Click here to download"

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And thanks from me too!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive Bob!

And i was kind of half kidding by saying that you must be the owner...

This letter must have been really really expensive! (even if include in a pack of letters..)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone scan the whole article?

Thanks!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari, hopefully by now you have the actual magazine.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered one a couple of months ago (when I originally came across this thread) from the Autograph website - they're still available!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I ordered one a couple of months ago (when I originally came across this thread) from the Autograph website - they're still available!
    Information for our newcomers.
    Back order link.

Country
    Country Flag

43rd Dream is gonna get reproduced in the new Bev's book. Thanks Bob!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

I wish I'd been able to go with the photo/document researcher when he visited Bob earlier this year!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast