Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comic Tower Tournament 2014: Round One - AGILITY

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Comic Tower Tournament 2014: Round One - AGILITY

Participants in the AGILITY CHALLENGE:

1. Spider-Man
    2. BloodRayne
    3. Galactus
    4. Spawn
    5. The Plutonian
    6. Justice
    7. Black Panther
    8. The Blob

From these eight participants, choose one to save (+1 point) and one to hurt (-1 point) based on who best exemplifies the definition of AGILITY.

a·gil·i·ty [uh-jil-i-tee]
    1. the power of moving quickly and easily; nimbleness: exercises demanding agility.
    2. the ability to think and draw conclusions quickly; intellectual acuity.

CHALLENGE EXPIRES AT MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 24TH PST.

FOUR WILL LIVE, FOUR WILL DIE.

DISCUSS.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

SpiderMan +1
    The Blob -1
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Black Panther +1
    Based on definition 2 I will go with -1 to The Blob.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SpiderMan +1
    The Blob -1

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Save: Spider-Man
    Another luck of the draw that placed the perfect character in the perfect category challenge. Duh, he's Spider-Man. Agility's kinda his thing.

Hurt: Galactus
    Originally, I thought The Blob, because, well, he's fat. But ... from The Blob's Wikipedia page: "Despite his appearance, the Blob's speed and agility are those of a fairly athletic male of normal stature, a fact which frequently catches his opponents by surprise." So ... yeah. Galactus, because how often do you see big, giant-like people not move in slow motion? lol

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spider-Man +1
    The Blob -1

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Spiderman+1
    The Plutonian -1

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

SpiderMan +1
    The Blob -1
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spider-Man +1
    Galactus -1

Following Shannon's arguments basically.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

does The Blob fit with the 2nd definition of Agility ?
    Pardon my ignorance, my comic book experience is quite a narrow one.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Eh, he's no real genius, but I'd say he's decent at executing a team strategy, and pays attention to his surroundings to at least an average degree. I can think of a couple occasions where he's pulled a fast one on one or another of the X-Men.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It has been a number of years since I've read the books but he never struck me as having a keen or quick witted intellect. It sounds like path has a fresher memory of this than me.

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Eh, he's no real genius, but I'd say he's decent at executing a team strategy, and pays attention to his surroundings to at least an average degree. I can think of a couple occasions where he's pulled a fast one on one or another of the X-Men.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

He is an uneducated ruffian, and the heroes do trick him more often than he tricks any of them, but he's still not a vegetable or the biggest dimwit in the Marvel universe. That's all I'm saying.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Naturally Galactus has slow reactions - he's immortal!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was torn between Galactus and The Blob. I assumed that both can move about the same (just a guess in regards to Galactus) so I moved on too definition two to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Naturally Galactus has slow reactions - he's immortal!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

He would win the speed thread. Flies like a bolt. But he's out of proportion. You never see Galactus duke it out with Spider-Man. He might fry him with a glance. If he had to grapple some being, it would be colossal. Maybe he'd nimbly catch a comet for a snack ...?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

LIVES:
    Black Panther
    Spider-Man

DIES:
    The Blob
    Galactus
    The Plutonian

AWAITING JUDGMENT: