Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, you're killin' me with the Regulators... that's my dream book and you've got 2!!!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Impressive!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING collection !!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll borrow Jerome's word: STRIKING !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Lettered Firestarter and 1st state 'Salem's Lot are the true showstoppers, IMO. Well done!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you for all the marvellous comments that have been posted. A big thank you to Simon and on this occasion to Jon, who came over not long ago. Two of the most interesting people you could wish to spend time with and in Simon's case a far better photographer than I will ever be. Most kind.
    Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Tremendous stuff!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man I just drooled for like 20 mins straight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you for allowing Simon to share with us. your traycase maker does amazing work - those custom pieces are simply beautiful.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good morning Surly.
    Thank you for the comment on the tray cases. Becca asked about them before, I remember.
    Try Emmanuel at Very Fine Books, he has organised every one of them. Considering the quality, which is excellent, they are not expensive!
    Have a good week.
    Alec.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just awesome! Like everyone else has said, fantastic collection Alec

Very much appreciated.
    Hoping to post something seldom seen very shortly.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

The collection looks superb, Alec! And thank you to Simon for showcasing it so expertly. The lettered "First Law" and "Gentleman Bastards" sets especially caught my eye; both are somewhat of white whales to me, and it's good to see them together like that.

Pekka

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, as always!

Nice pics, Simon.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely stunning collection. I am more than impressed, to say the least

The lettered editions of Joe Abercrombie, The First Law series are a testament to how much I enjoyed reading his work, a real breath of fresh air.
    Scott Lynch intrigued me with his first book, however the others did not seem to match up, nonetheless I completed the collection.
    The one author that seems to stand head and shoulders above others for me is Robert McCammon. I first read Speaks the Nightbird and have enjoyed everyone of his books. I would recommend anyone who has not read him to certainly entertain the idea. I believe there are only six of his books left for me to read and it will be a sad day when they are completed.

I have a few other purchases to post in the near future, one of them a Lettered Legends. Delighted to acquire one as they do not seem to appear that often.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've really enjoyed Abercrombie as well, though I actually need to finish The First Law series yet (one book to go). I'd been looking forward to Lynch as well, I'd read a fantastic short from him and been hoping to get around to his Gentleman Bastard series soon.

Good afternoon Theli.
    You will certainly get immersed in Scott Lynch especially the first book, The Lies of Locke Lamorra. However why not try the author I recommended, Robert McCammon. I have nearly finished 'Mystery Walk', you will not be disappointed, he is adept at turning the improbable into the believable.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Good afternoon Theli.
    You will certainly get immersed in Scott Lynch especially the first book, The Lies of Locke Lamorra. However why not try the author I recommended, Robert McCammon. I have nearly finished 'Mystery Walk', you will not be disappointed, he is adept at turning the improbable into the believable.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    I agree wholeheartedly. McCammon is awesome. The Corbett books are among my favorites, especially Speaks the Nightbird

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Alec,
    I have a couple McCammon's actually. I'd started They Thirst, but never finished it for some reason, just wasn't in the mood at the time. Though did quite enjoy his style.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Alec's latest addition - Lettered Legends.

These are pretty rare! I just added a new entry to the catalog for this as well.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Alec! Great photo work, Simon.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Alec takes the credit for these photo's
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Thank you Brian.
    Delighted to obtain a lettered copy, personally I do not think I have seen another one for sale. Obviously there are collectors with them.
    The photographs for the first time ever were down to me, though still posted by Simon and logged into the catalogue.
    Many thanks Simon.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Big congrats. It's a truly fantastic edition!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast