Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Thank you Manni, as is yours.
    The trade 1st copy of Christine has got to be one of the finest dust jackets I have ever seen. Magnificent!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Alec.
    Thank you, Alec. My copy of Christine is pretty nice but it's probably the only book I own that lives up to your standards! Nevertheless, I'm happy with what I've been able to collect over the years (and with the fact that 99% of what I purchased survived the trip across the ocean in good condition at all).

Best wishes,
    Michaël

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank You for sharing your beautiful books with us.

Mark

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you Mark.
    I think we are fortunate to have a site where rare and beautiful books surround us.
    Long may it continue.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Alec.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alec, any chance of more pics of your library? I would (and others too!) like to see more
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good morning Kris.
    Most certainly.
    I believe Simon (Stroppygoblin) is due to pay me a visit soon and I will ensure that there is as much posted as possible.
    Have a good weekend and enjoy your new painting.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good morning Kris.
    Most certainly.
    I believe Simon (Stroppygoblin) is due to pay me a visit soon and I will ensure that there is as much posted as possible.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    Thanks! And can't wait!!!! Cheers our new DT Friend!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Good morning Kris.
    Most certainly.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    Thanks! And can't wait!!!! Cheers our new DT Friend!!!
    Will be visiting Alec in the near future, however he has sent me some new pictures that I will upload to this thread today/tomorrow.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to it.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some Hi res shots of Alec's Library, if you click on the photo it will take you to the full resolution image on my PhotoBucket - well worth zooming in!!

I posted a shot of these before, but this is from a better camera. Beautiful books in stunning cases:

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Silence of the Lambs, this is a gorgeous production:

for the GRRM fans...

and the J K Rowling fans, these are (I think, please confirm Alec) all signed.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Another *extremely* rare lettered - 1 of only 15 of Sleep by Murakami:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Skeleton Crew and next to it is the current slipcase for the lettered Firestarter. Alec is having a new bespoke case made for this with an Asbestos cover and a soft deep blue lining. Hopefully it will have arrived when I visit.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

UK ARC of DT VII: (1 of only 100)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lastly something for the art lovers. I'll let Alec provide the details on this one, but it is entitled "Woman walking away" and is by Robert Lenkiewicz. This is from his 'Jealousy Project'

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Clearly Alec should give me that AGOT (MM) S/L because he has one too many and I have approximately 0
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Is it me or is there like Gunslingers everywhere! lol. Wow....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

What a beautiful collection! The custom cases are fantastic. I'm going to spend some time now looking at all the books. Alec, it is all very impressive.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very very very nice collection Alec. Seeing your US 1sts really spurs me on to finish mine.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Holy moly...

Simon a very big thank you for sorting and posting the mess that I managed to e-mail to you.
    Look forward to our meeting in August.
    The first three J. K. Rowlings are signed. A Casual Vacancy, A Cuckoo's Calling and Silkworm. The other two are straight first editions.
    All the Stephen King trade US firsts are signed as are a most of the UK firsts.
    The Haruki Murakami lettered of Sleep (D) interests me as I have never seen another.
    The artist Lenkiewicz is worth a moment of your time and Simon has kindly put a couple of links in, however if you just follow his name you should eventually end up seeing his book collection. That really is worth a look!!
    Once again many thanks to Simon and to everybody that contributes to make this site such a delight.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Country
    Country Flag

Simon a very big thank you for sorting and posting the mess that I managed to e-mail to you.
    Look forward to our meeting in August.
    The first three J. K. Rowlings are signed. A Casual Vacancy, A Cuckoo's Calling and Silkworm. The other two are straight first editions.
    All the Stephen King trade US firsts are signed as are a most of the UK firsts.
    The Haruki Murakami lettered of Sleep (D) interests me as I have never seen another.
    The artist Lenkiewicz is worth a moment of your time and Simon has kindly put a couple of links in, however if you just follow his name you should eventually end up seeing his book collection. That really is worth a look!!
    Once again many thanks to Simon and to everybody that contributes to make this site such a delight.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    SO glad you came on board... and I am not alone in thinking that... I promise you. Please visit/post more often. Your a real asset here!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hi Kris.
    Thank you for the kind words and rest assured there will be more posts.
    Simon is posting a comprehensive look at my King collection around the middle of August. Until he suggested this site only friends and visitors (who were interested) had seen them. I have been collecting books for 5 years and Stephen King for 3 of those. I wish that I had concentrated purely on King from the outset, sadly I spread myself too thin and ended up amassing books that were going nowhere! Not all of them as you can see but a large percentage. Now it is only King coupled with the odd book that I feel I cannot miss. Rather like Silence of the Lambs (Lettered) which is probably one of the best books Subterranean have produced. So there it is, a brief history of how I have ended up addicted to collecting one of the most iconic living writers.
    Have a good day Kris.
    Alec.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You've only been collecting King seriously for three years?!? You've accumulated a magnificent collection for such a short period of time! Congratulations!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    You've only been collecting King seriously for three years?!? You've accumulated a magnificent collection for such a short period of time! Congratulations!

John
    I was JUST about to quote that. WOW... that is like wow....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hi John.
    My first purchases were from Very Fine Books and Preferred Books at the start of 2012. From there it has been an addiction rush, not an uncommon part of my life!! My first large purchase was Salem's Lot (Centipede Press) and then on and on. One of my first Stephen King contacts over here in the UK was a gentleman who went under the name of Calla Wolf, I have never met him but apparently he exposed a lot of the false autographs that were and still are flying about.
    The wonderful thing is I have loved every minute and met some fantastic people.
    Long may it continue.
    Alec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast