Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thats a crazy collection - fantastic ! really !

i just found that smallish SIX - 6 - SIX !!! sets of Abercrombies The First law in the background

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

took me a year to fine ONE set - lol ;D

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very rare and very nice and very interesting and very desirable and very fantastic and well, I could go on!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good evening.
    Thank you for the many superlatives on the new additions. I consider myself very fortunate to have found them, especially in such fine condition. Have taken the time to study your collection and it deserves an equally generous accolade. Good luck with the continuing search.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Good evening.
    Thank you for the many superlatives on the new additions. I consider myself very fortunate to have found them, especially in such fine condition. Have taken the time to study your collection and it deserves an equally generous accolade. Good luck with the continuing search.
    Welcome to the site! This is your collection? Very nice! You should be proud
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Alec! glad to have you on board. Welcome (officially) to the site!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Alec! Please contribute more of your insights.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome. You have an impressive collection there. Thanks for sharing it via Simon.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I am sure Simon will be paying a visit in the not to distant future. Hopefully he can keep you up to speed as posting images and the like is not one of the things I do well.
    If you want to see a one of book go to Very Fine Books and search Emmanuel's Facebook for Creepshow. I believe that the copy I have is the only hardcover edition yet seen.
    Simon look forward to seeing you soon and many thanks to The Dark Tower members for some really good feedback.
    Kindest regards to all.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I am sure Simon will be paying a visit in the not to distant future. Hopefully he can keep you up to speed as posting images and the like is not one of the things I do well.
    If you want to see a one of book go to Very Fine Books and search Emmanuel's Facebook for Creepshow. I believe that the copy I have is the only hardcover edition yet seen.
    Simon look forward to seeing you soon and many thanks to The Dark Tower members for some really good feedback.
    Kindest regards to all.
    Bruce (NEEDFULTHINGS) has one as well... see here
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably a dumb question but... why are you posting pictures of Simon's collection?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Not at all.
    Simon posted some of my collection about a year ago. I sent him some images of three interesting purchases that I had made and he added those to the site.
    So the books you see are mine.
    I can understand the confusion.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Probably a dumb question but... why are you posting pictures of Simon's collection?
    Hi Herbert, I WISH this was my collection! If you read from the start of the thread it explains how this collection thread came about. Alec has recently joined the site, but was happy for me to post pictures for him.

My own (much less impressive) collection thread can be found here

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Alec - you have a very nice collection!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

It's a clever trick, it is truly an art, to maintain the sensation that life is extraordinary and inexplicable, without a desire to hunt it down for truths, all of which will pass. And the feeling of enrichment, of feeling significant to oneself, without being too much of a public nuisance, is, I think, one of the profoundest tricks to learn in this extraordinary business of living.

Robert O. Lenkiewicz 1996.

A fascinating artist who painted to further his book collection, one of the largest in Europe of its kind. Have a browse and see what you think of him and his concern for addicts and the 'human condition'. You should find some pictures of his library and what one collector can achieve in a short life.
    Maybe a little away from the usual thread, however we are all collectors.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

May I ask if you collect any King related art to adorne your walls?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not King art, though I have seriously considered it. My knowledge of that particular genre of Stephen King collectibles is limited.
    Never say never.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh you should... It is so thrilling to find that 1 of 1 piece....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the board Alec! You have a fantastic collection!

Many thanks Theli the comments are really appreciated.
    I notice from your collection and some of your comments that art means a lot to you. Do have a look at my previous post regarding Robert Lenkiewicz.
    Most certainly worth your while, not only for his art but his passion for books.

Enjoy your weekend.
    Alec.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am exploring his works and reading about him now. Sounds like quite the interesting fellow. His art is truly outstanding too. Very expressive. Thanks for the suggestion!

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Awesome collection: this guy really has to much money...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful collection, Alec - and great to see you posting.

Thank you Manni, as is yours.
    The trade 1st copy of Christine has got to be one of the finest dust jackets I have ever seen. Magnificent!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Alec.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll got a wonderful collection, Alec. Welcome to the forum and good to see another UK serious collector here.
    Very jealous of your Plants and Lettered Firestarter. They are on my ultimate wishlist!! One day ....

Jon

Good evening Jon.
    Thank you for the comments. Impressive collection that you have amassed as well, some tremendous examples.
    The amazing thing is that we are only a short distance from each other. About 25 minutes at most.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast