Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Incredible stuff! Glad to see more of your collection which is stunning.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good to hear from you Kris and thank you for the comments.
    Have not been that active on posts of late, so hoping to make up for that in the near future.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your book collection continues to be a source of amazement and inspiration, but I had to wait a few moments to pick myself up off the floor before I could leave a comment. The Tolkien drawing took my breath away - I literally gasped. Absolutely remarkable. I am so happy for you that you were able to add it to your stunning collection. Thank you so much for sharing.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That Tolkien - WOW!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Jon, thank you and a big thank you to Simon for posting.
    We are meeting up very soon which means that next time you should see a remarkable difference in the quality of the photographs!

Hi Becca and Jim, delighted you find the Tolkien as special as I do. I was indeed fortunate to secure the picture as there are virtually none outside the Tolkien Estate and the Bodleian Library, which is the main research library for Oxford University, these two having closely guarded Tolkiens pictures and drawings.
    I believe I owe you an apology Jim. There was a promise to keep you updated on the five Doubleday books that Paul was having designed and produced for me. Well good news, I believe they are only a matter of days away from completion. Of my own choosing there has been no images or any idea of how they look. However Paul will post them on his website as soon as he has them from the bindery. This probably means you will see them at the same time as me.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Alec,
    i probably told you already more often then i should - but the bandwidth of your collection is breathtaking.
    You are a true inspiration to open the shelf for more!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I quit.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Good evening Sebastian,
    Lovely to hear from you again. I trust all is well. Many thanks for your observations, much appreciated.

Adam there is no harm in quitting, just ensure that you start again immediately!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh, that’s where the Grant EOTD went... amazing (and I’m deeply envious). Glad to stayed within the family. Amazing additions, Alec..

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff as always, Alec!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow,
    I started on this page and made it back to page 25. This collection is simply stunning. I don't know what else to say. I hope to get through more of this at some point.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Wow,
    I started on this page and made it back to page 25. This collection is simply stunning. I don't know what else to say. I hope to get through more of this at some point.
    Start at page one - It's been a fun journey
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Hi Antoni,
    I believe there could have been two Eyes of the Dragon signed for Grant. Anyway, if there was, I am pleased to have acquired one of them. Just a fluke after buying it that I noticed the copy of "Shadows", which made an interesting link.
    Hope all is well with you and thank you for the kind words.
    All the best.
    Alec.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Adam there is no harm in quitting, just ensure that you start again immediately!!
    Ha! As long as you keep sharing, I can keep starting again.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Alec,
    This has to be one of the most impressive collection I have ever looked at. It's museum quality. I am floored with sheer number of rare items you have. I keep on trying but seeing your collection is simply amazing. I am happy that you that have amassed such a great collection. Truly inspiring. Well, that's about all I can say right about now. I am glad Stroppy suggested I start from page one.

Thank you Brian and Mike.

Simon was correct, it has been a fun journey, though not always about books.
    Books are the catalyst responsible for friendships and camaraderie, a commodity far more valuable than the items we collect.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Thank you Brian and Mike.

Simon was correct, it has been a fun journey, though not always about books.
    Books are the catalyst responsible for friendships and camaraderie, a commodity far more valuable than the items we collect.
    You're most welcome, Alec and I couldn't agree more with your statement.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A little delay in getting round to see Alec again, but he sent me some photos to add to his thread...

A couple of Hobbits to add to his ever expanding Tolkien collection. The first is a second edition, 12th Impression but signed. and the second is a first edition, Rebound by the renowned London bookbinders, Sangorsky and Sutcliffe. They have done an incredible job on this book, even managing to retain the original map paste downs, both front and back.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Alec!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stunning!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Many thanks to both of you.
    The rebound seems an incredible piece of work to remove and reposition the paste downs at the front and rear, without any signs of being moved.
    Sangorski and Sutcliffe were responsible for a renowned binding of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, known as the "Great Omar".
    This book was aboard the Titanic when it went down in 1912. Shortly after Sangorski himself was tragically drowned.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great restoration. Congratulations.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Super amazing. That rebound is lovely.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Remarkable rebound.

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Absolutely incredible pieces!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast