Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This one is unusual and doesn't appear in the Collectibles list. Anyone have more information on it and should it be added?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A few more Lettered copies now to add to the collection FAB8 and FDNS:
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And an almost complete set #14 of The Colorado Kid. The Potter is an unnumbered PC copy.

As I'm sure many of you know, #14 is a special number for me as it matches all my CD and PS limiteds. I like to think that Alec is just care taking these particular books for a while...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Alec!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    This one is unusual and doesn't appear in the Collectibles list. Anyone have more information on it and should it be added?
    There were 1,000 of the books printed for the convention, but AFAIK, there were no official signed editions. People went around asking attendees (GOH) for signatures.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Amazing stuff as ever!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    There were 1,000 of the books printed for the convention, but AFAIK, there were no official signed editions. People went around asking attendees (GOH) for signatures.
    Thanks RF - good to know.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And an almost complete set #14 of The Colorado Kid. The Potter is an unnumbered PC copy.

As I'm sure many of you know, #14 is a special number for me as it matches all my CD and PS limiteds. I like to think that Alec is just care taking these particular books for a while...
    I own all three #14 of the 150-copy signed edition.

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Yes, I'm well aware of that John...

...lets hope the door locks are sturdy eh?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

The watch-dragon is still there too.

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

John

The watch-dragon is still there too.

John

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a beautiful and difficult set to complete! Congratulations on another stunning acquisition, Alec! I also enjoy seeing unique pieces like the signed World Fantasy Convention book. Well done, as always!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

"Wow" seems inadequate when responding to such amazing additions. But ... wow!

Those Gunslinger ARCs are amazing. Not an ARC collector, but can definitely appreciate them.

HBJ

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    What a beautiful and difficult set to complete! Congratulations on another stunning acquisition, Alec! I also enjoy seeing unique pieces like the signed World Fantasy Convention book. Well done, as always!
    I missed everything on the prior page and just now saw the set of the Gunslinger proofs--not many can own the set of those three. The photo displaying them is absolutely gorgeous and they all appear to be in pristine condition. I'm in awe!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

The photographs are gorgeous, no thanks to me, all thanks to Simon.
    We met up a couple of weeks ago for a catch up, lunch and to take some images with Simon's state of the art equipment. A great day. Thank you Simon for the result and the excellent company.
    The three proofs are a delight and I feel privileged to be surrounded by fellow collectors who have assisted in the acquisition of the trilogy. I am most grateful. It would be very difficult to be a collector on your own!
    I had to have an image or two of The Bachman Books as I believe it is unusual to see a copy that has been preserved in such fine condition.
    I have a complete set of The Colorado Kid (Nos. 22) however I thought it would be a challenge to try and make up a set. The result is two number 14 and a complete blank number line on the limitation page of the Potter copy. Needless to say if anyone has the remaining 14 my interest would be very high.

Thank you to those who have posted here, the enthusiasm is always a boost.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even for your standards that is a hell of a week in pictures ;D
    Congrats to the new additions, and especially nice to see a KD artwork showing up!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Alec, impressive as usual. It’s a treat seeing all three Gunslinger proofs together like that.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Alec, I'm envious of those Gunslinger proofs. I only own one of them--the Viking proof.

John

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you John and Paul.
    It is unusual to see all three together, however as I said earlier, it's all down to assistance from friends!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been a while since I or Alec had a chance to update this thread, needless to say Alec's collection has not got any smaller! We are planning to meet up again sometime this month, so I will hopefully have some nice pictures to upload, but for now here are some recent additions.

Let's bring in the Cavalry! - A veritable posse of Gunslingers, Taking Jericho Hill would have been easy with this lot...

So that's SIXTEEN signed Gunslingers folks. 2 Lettered, 6 Signed Limited and 8 Flatsigned. (Edited - for correct counts, thanks Alec!)
    If you are wondering why you cant find one, you now know why

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a very interesting 'matched' association pairing, A particularly fine copy of Shadows by Charles L Grant, with 'Nona' signed by King and a Red numbered EOTD Double signed and personally dedicated to Grant.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And finally, although not King, I'm sure everyone will appreciate what a rarity this is. An ORIGINAL work of art by J.R.R Tolkein. I understand it is practically unknown to find such an item for sale and it would be interesting to know if there are other collectors that have managed to acquire any original Tolkien art. I doubt that there are many.

The piece has complete provenance and is mentioned in a published book of Tolkien's artworks:

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive!! Great array of Gunslingers and absolutely wonderful find on the Tolkien artwork...

(I do remember someone posting a picture on this site years ago - which was removed a while later - that showed someone's collection of > 20 Gunslinger S/Ls. So that record still stands... but IIRC they were all numbered. Owning two lettereds is an accomplishment in itself).

Thank you for the kind words Michael.
    It is 2 lettered copies, 6 signed limited and 8 signed first editions.
    However you look at it that does not come near 20 signed limiteds. Furthermore I do not think I will try and achieve it.
    Nonetheless very interesting to know.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alec, your collection never ceases to amaze me!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast