Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very very classy pieces.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you all for your appreciation and comments. Even though it is a little out of context I could not let an American Bald Eagle slip by without a few images.Thanks to Simon for the posting as always. Apparently there has been enormous interest from museums and individuals in the United States, for obvious reasons.
    The artist Robert Lenkiewicz, held one of the largest book collections of its kind in Europe, amassing over 20,000 volumes. Sadly the collection was sold off after his death, much against his last wishes, which is highlighted in the film. It is the manner in which he cared for other people, his social conscience, that bought about a lot of his early work. Purchasing large warehouses to care for vagrants, addicts and people down on their luck, a lot of whom became subjects of his work.
    The web site has been set up not only to show the excellence of his figurative work, but also to show how one person can have such a profound effect on the lives of others.
    I hope you enjoy it.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Alec's place looks like a proper museum. Very nice!
    Yes! Thinking the same thing... Would like to see some more shots of your artwork, Alec...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alecs collection is simple
    Stunning... and I’m not talking about his books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice! I also like the painting of the lady that's reflected in the mirror. Maybe Alec and sure some info on some of his art in the future.
    The picture of "the lady" is one of Alec's many, many originals by Robert Lenkiewicz. It is titled "The Painter with Karen"

You can see more of Alec's collection here
    Thanks for the info, Simon and to you as well, Alec for sharing your passion. I'm not an art person at all but these pieces really caught my eye. And he is/was the kinda guy I wouldn't have any problems buying from.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thanks to all of you for the interest.
    Hope you enjoyed the film and site.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some new additions to Alec's collection. We are organising a meet up soon, so hope to have a few more pictures of these and other recent acquisitions

'salem's Lot Red Roman IV AND Publisher's copy!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And a Whelan original, awaiting framing. I believe this is one of the sketches done for the Knowing Darkness limited. I'm sure RF or Kris can confirm.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice new stuff !!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    And a Whelan original, awaiting framing. I believe this is one of the sketches done for the Knowing Darkness limited. I'm sure RF or Kris can confirm.

What is the size of the piece?

Good morning Jerome.
    I cannot give you an exact size as it has not been measured, however bigger than A4, if that is a size you recognise. It has come from an artists book, as you can just see the paper mark in the top right hand corner. A4 is roughly 12" x 9" and I would guess this is typical artists pad at 14" x 10".
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A4 is roughly equivilent to us 'Letter' size

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is one of my ~5 Whelan KD pieces:

Yes Jerome, works beautifully!!
    Will keep you posted when finished.

Many thanks Simon, and yes there are many images to be taken.
    Looking forward to meeting up during the first two weeks in March.

Thank you to those who commented, always appreciated.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice as always, Alec!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Alec. Congratulations! Pleased to see you found these.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see the Roman Numeral Salem’s. I’m a big fan of Whelan’s DT artwork as well. Excellent acquisitions!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

I was extremely lucky to find the Red Roman Salem’s Lot.
    There is another that I know its whereabouts, after that it is pure speculation.

Many thanks for the interest and comments.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Time for a S/L Goatskin Salem’s?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm enjoying your King journey vicariously--I appreciate you sharing these amazing pieces. Well done, Alec!

More than happy to share them and hopefully it helps with the overall knowledge on the site, as well as being of interest to the members and visitors. However I am equally at home with those collectors who prefer to remain private.

Luke just mentioned a goatskin signed limited of which there are only two. All I can add is "never say never" you do not know what is round the corner!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roman CP Salem’s... speechless. Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am most happy about my very good friend finally acquiring a Whelan more so than the red Roman numeral Salem’s!!! BEAUTIFUL is all i can say!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Thank you Kris, appreciate the comment.
    However I am not intending to start a trend with this!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast