Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you for the uplifting comments, always interesting to hear.
    As always many thanks to Simon.
    Theli, well spotted it is the Batman Anniversary magazine. The wonderful part is the inscription and signature by Stephen King which makes it a rather special edition!
    If people are interested I was planning on posting some more "hard to find" first edition trade books in fine condition. The Bachman Books, Tommyknockers, Firestarter, Cujo, The Dead Zone and others. Mainly the titles that always seem to have a little flaw in their make up.
    We will see how it goes.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Alec, you know us we're always interested in seeing more signed King works!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Thank you for the uplifting comments, always interesting to hear.
    As always many thanks to Simon.
    Theli, well spotted it is the Batman Anniversary magazine. The wonderful part is the inscription and signature by Stephen King which makes it a rather special edition!
    If people are interested I was planning on posting some more "hard to find" first edition trade books in fine condition. The Bachman Books, Tommyknockers, Firestarter, Cujo, The Dead Zone and others. Mainly the titles that always seem to have a little flaw in their make up.
    We will see how it goes.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    Bring them forth, my good man, and let the masses
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Pet Sematary... nice one Alec...

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Many thanks.
    As I said earlier on, I will post a few more next week.
    Many of them are from the era that you were permitted to send books to Stephen King, he would inscribe, date and sign them and return.
    The situation is somewhat different now!!

Alec.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Way cool!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Please do!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had lots and lots of catching up to do on your collection. Congratulations on all the new additions, Alec. The PS lettereds are absolutely beautiful. It's hard to appreciate their quality until to you handle them in person (BUT very carefully!). The Pet Semetary looks absolutely amazing - I hope I'll find one that nice one day.

Looking forward to the new arrivals!

All the best to you,
    Jon

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are the first of the books Alec mentioned. These two are in honour of the Rebound editions that Paul (Zelig) is creating

Fire-starter and The Eyes of the Dragon. Both absolutely Mint as we have come to expect from Alec's collection

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fire-starter has a very early signature, approx 3 weeks after publication

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And EOTD is quite early as well. It was originally published on Feb 2nd 1987.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice copies! They are Pristine!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like the day they were made.... wow.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Like the day they were made.... wow.
    Except for that scrawl that someone left in them!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

They look truly beautiful. And of course, I am always amazed that these pristine copies in your collection are signed. If only you would admit that you have discovered a portal that takes you back in time. We could provide you with a want list for your next journey.

Simon, as always many thanks for the posting.
    Congratulations to Paul for taking these iconic books and producing copies that will be coveted for many years to come.

Jon, good to catch up with you again, hope all is well and yes you are spot on with the PS Publishing copies, quite something.
    Thank you for all the positive comments. More pristine, signed copies to follow.

Alec.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Alec!

(Psst, have you signed those adoption papers yet that I had sent over )
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

All sorted Brian.
    Should be with you prior to the weekend.

Country
    Country Flag

All sorted Brian.
    Should be with you prior to the weekend.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some more wonderful examples of Alec's collection, once again with some quite early signatures...

Skeleton Crew:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

IT:

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Signed, perfect editions... wow

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That IT is amazing!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Thank you gentlemen for the comments, much appreciated.

I have to tell you Kris this is not the copy of "It" in the tray case, that one well........

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you gentlemen for the comments, much appreciated.

I have to tell you Kris this is not the copy of "It" in the tray case, that one well........
    love too see more pics of that one my man!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast