Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I suppose the lettered Dolan's Cadillac is the prime one, however I believe a few collectors would like The Best of Cemetery Dance in equal measure.
    Thank you both for the approval. And I cannot help but agree about Jagger by Warhol.
    Alec.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I suppose the lettered Dolan's Cadillac is the prime one, however I believe a few collectors would like The Best of Cemetery Dance in equal measure.
    Thank you both for the approval. And I cannot help but agree about Jagger by Warhol.
    Alec.
    That, Warhol piece is freaking amazing!!!! I would think you might be interested in, Ron Wood art as well. I had a "Sympathy for the Devil" proof by, Ron that I sold that was awesome!!! Went to a guy in the U.K................Hmmmmmmmm lol lol

It's kinda cool that, Ron is a talented artists and actually in the band!! if you are interested I have purchased my pieces from the San Francisco Art Exchange on Geery St. in downtown Frisco.

That is a truly amazing piece, Alec!!! Color me green with envy!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Man I love the look of the CD's Best of lettered! It is so nice!!!!!! Congrats Alec
    I love them all, but I have to agree with this.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I think perhaps Kris was correct Theli, it does look special.

Bill thank you for the comments and observations on the Warhol. I have considered on numerous occasions a Ronnie Wood purchase, however I have not quite made it at present. One day...... Who knows!

Just received the lettered copy of Skeleton Crew by PS Publishing. It is a magnificent piece of work in all respects. Hopefully Simon will be posting some images a little later on tonight.
    I really think it deserves a full review which I shall post on PS Publishings thread.
    Alec.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

As mentioned in Alec's post above, here are the images of the Lettered Skeleton Crew (Letter U) - Another lovely production by PS.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simon do you have a shot of Alec's art piece? By far my favorite thing that PS has done with these!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hi Kris.
    I only received this yesterday afternoon, so the images were taken in rather a hurry.
    The art piece has not been opened yet, however as soon as it is I will post it on the thread.
    You really have to see this book to appreciate the work that has gone into its production.
    Alec.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks fantastic! PS's lettered editions truly are something special.

It is fantastic Theli and when you see it you do realise just how special the three lettered copies are.
    Good to hear from you.
    Alec.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing books, the lettered Dolan's Cadillac is BRILLIANT !!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And another nice add, Alec!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

I would have to agree on purely a rarity basis that Dolan's Cadillac is the one!!

Appreciate the comments Stockerlone and Brian. Good to hear from you both.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the recent acquisitions Alec. Very impressive as usual.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have to agree on purely a rarity basis that Dolan's Cadillac is the one!!

Appreciate the comments Stockerlone and Brian. Good to hear from you both.
    I regret the day I sold my lettered Dolan's.
    Somewhere out there is letter "D". If you see it, say hello to it from me.

Good evening Jerome.
    I can fully understand your regret at parting with this particular book. It is difficult to explain, however having owned a copy you may agree with me, the book is probably one of the smallest lettered editions produced, nonetheless what it lacks in size it amply makes up for in presence, there is just something about it that exudes quality.
    The copy I have is letter 'N'. If I do ever come across 'D' perhaps a recapture attempt could be in order.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Good evening Jerome.
    ... perhaps a recapture attempt could be in order...
    Sounds like the basis for a book-collecting version of Pokemon: gotta collect 'em all
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsteltor View Post
    Good evening Jerome.
    ... perhaps a recapture attempt could be in order...
    Sounds like the basis for a book-collecting version of Pokemon: gotta collect 'em all
    That pretty much sums it up
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Hi Brian.
    Nearly sums it up.

In the end we are only collecting for someone else.

Kindest regards
    Alec.

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian.
    Nearly sums it up.

In the end we are only collecting for someone else.

Kindest regards
    Alec.
    True, my friend.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A closer look at some of the books in Alec's collection. I know from experience how difficult it is to find a copy of Pet Sematary as fine as this...
    I'd say mine was a match, but of course, Alec's is also signed...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I knew this was coming but it is like the day it was made. WOW. Good stuff!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful Alec!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like brand new.. !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Alec and the 1982 variant to boot!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I like that a, what appears to be Batman, comic slipped into the background for good measure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast