Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sharp looking copies Alec! Do you tend to lean towards signatures with inscriptions or flat signed? Or is it more a matter of the condition of the book?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice adds, Alec!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good evening Theli.
    It is all about condition, once you have established that as the priority then it helps if there is an inscription and date to add to the signature, especially an early date.
    I believe a lot of these books were signed by Stephen King in the days when you could mail two books for him to sign and return. I do not remember these times as I was not collecting then, perhaps someone could confirm this as I would hate to misdirect people.
    That is why I double up on many of the 1st editions if they are fine. They are just as important to me as the signed limiteds, in some cases harder to find in fine condition.

Thank you Brian, did the adoption papers arrive?

Many thanks again to Simon, always much appreciated.

Kindest regards
    Alec.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Good evening Theli.
    It is all about condition, once you have established that as the priority then it helps if there is an inscription and date to add to the signature, especially an early date.
    I believe a lot of these books were signed by Stephen King in the days when you could mail two books for him to sign and return. I do not remember these times as I was not collecting then, perhaps someone could confirm this as I would hate to misdirect people.
    That is why I double up on many of the 1st editions if they are fine. They are just as important to me as the signed limiteds, in some cases harder to find in fine condition.

Thank you Brian, did the adoption papers arrive?

Many thanks again to Simon, always much appreciated.

Kindest regards
    Alec.
    Not yet, my friend of the papers I fear that they may have been intercepted and forged. After all, your collection is well known amongst the collective......
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I was fortunate to purchase the set of books that were mentioned on The Dark Tower about 2 - 3 weeks ago.
    They were a set of Signet books, each one signed on a bookplate by Stephen King. Fifteen in total.
    They are in remarkable condition for their age and all unread with no markings on the spines. Encompassing Carrie through to Cycle of the Werewolf.
    Images will be posted shortly.

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Alec!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Images will be posted shortly.
    And... here they are...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WELL DONE ALEC!!! You must have been the chap that beat my offer! GOOD JOB! How many signatures you up to now?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Many thanks Simon, as always, much appreciated.

Kris I believe it is 309 and with this 15 is now 324 or will be when I have let the thread organiser, Biomeg know.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice set of signed paperback to have. Congratulations Alec.

They are quite unique. First prize in a competition many years ago. Amazing that they all have beautifully signed bookplates!
    I am using the word unique as I have never seen a set anywhere near like them. Would love to hear if anyone else has.
    Thank you for the compliments Paul.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great unique additions. Cool Alec

Thank you gentlemen.
    These just seemed to good to miss. Where would you find 15 signed book plates in a set!!
    As I stated they are not fine, however they are not far away, the important aspect being the unbroken spines and the condition of each bookplate. All of them are a wonderful examples of Stephen King's signature from that period.
    Thank you for the comments.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG congrats Alec !!!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great set! Congrats.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great addition Alec!
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

I had the good fortune to purchase the copy of Salem's Lot which was up for auction on ebay.co.uk, which finished last night.
    It is signed, inscribed and dated, in particular signed by "Steve King". The date is 25th November 1975. Would love to know of any copies signed before that date as it is only a month after release, I believe.
    Images to follow when it arrives.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I know of several signed before 25th November. The best is 17th October 1975, the day of release.

Brilliant, most kind.
    Just trying to establish the immediacy of the signatures in the seventies.
    Much appreciated.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Country
    Country Flag

I had the good fortune to purchase the copy of Salem's Lot which was up for auction on ebay.co.uk, which finished last night.
    It is signed, inscribed and dated, in particular signed by "Steve King". The date is 25th November 1975. Would love to know of any copies signed before that date as it is only a month after release, I believe.
    Congrats, Alec on your latest acquisition!

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great additions Alec!
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Alec, what an amazing purchase. I was wtching that with interest, and glad it went to someone here...

Thank you gentlemen.
    Should receive it tomorrow, so images not far behind.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast