Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you all for the comments, much appreciated.

I am a complete novice as regards Tolkien.
    However these three books are the "Deluxe Edition" of the 1st printings produced in 1954 and 1955.
    The deluxe editions were produced in 1963 and were distributed, due to slipcase problems, in 1964. (Mine was eaten!).
    As is usual with Tolkien, very few ended up signed.
    I hope this helps.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Fabulous additions, Alec! Gerald is an expert on collecting Tolkien. And collectible Tolkien items are in a different league altogether - I believe Gerald sold one of his copies of The Hobbit for well over $100,000...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Thank you all for the comments, much appreciated.

I am a complete novice as regards Tolkien.
    However these three books are the "Deluxe Edition" of the 1st printings produced in 1954 and 1955.
    The deluxe editions were produced in 1963 and were distributed, due to slipcase problems, in 1964. (Mine was eaten!).
    As is usual with Tolkien, very few ended up signed.
    I hope this helps.
    They probably shouldn't have made them scented!!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just realized you have endless options for a super awesome custom slip/traycase. I'm thinking you could have a hobbit door inlaid or maybe an actual One Ring?

https://www.jenshansen.com/collectio...e-ring-replica

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Funny you should mention that Becca.
    All sorts of options are already being considered. Will keep you posted.

Country
    Country Flag

Funny you should mention that Becca.
    All sorts of options are already being considered. Will keep you posted.
    I look forward to seeing the final!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Truly awesome stuff, Alec! Congrats!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Fabulous additions, Alec! Gerald is an expert on collecting Tolkien. And collectible Tolkien items are in a different league altogether - I believe Gerald sold one of his copies of The Hobbit for well over $100,000...
    Sold for £137K ( about $210,000 at the time of the auction) + Sotheby's fees (?)
    > http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=fr
    >>> http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33013144

Congrats for the this new acquisition !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Sold for £137K ( about $210,000 at the time of the auction) + Sotheby's fees (?)
    > http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=fr
    >>> http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33013144

I think Michael has summed it up well enough.
    Tolkien is in a different league with some of his books.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Those Tolkien books....completely floored here.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

David, thank you for the comment. To be honest, considering they are well over fifty years old, they are in remarkable condition.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure most of you are now aware of Alec's new acquisition. I'm especially happy as it means I will actually get to see (and carefully hold perhaps) this extraordinarily rare proof in real life when I visit Alec later this month.

In the meantime, i'm pleased to share another new item that Alec has been working on with the help of Paul Suntup and the incredible team of craftsman he has available to him. This is a custom tray case crafted in hand tooled leather, colour matched to the original UK 1st edition of Carrie. The case was not intended to be an exact match to the book cover, but more to evoke the imagery and colour palette of the book. The red spine evokes the blood and the original image of the girl on the cover.

Superb work and attention to detail from Paul as always.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh my I think this is pure beauty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just love custom bound books, and slipcases. Anything hand tooled is so cool.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That is beautiful, Alec and your collection continues to amaze!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Thank you gentlemen for the comments on Paul's tray case for Carrie.
    It is the first time I have asked Paul for a specific item and it will not be the last. A superb piece of work. The quality, finish and detail are extraordinary. Thank you Paul for a real gem.
    Simon, as always, my thanks. Looking forward to meeting up, by which time we should have a number of pictures to take.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent idea and execution. Congratulations

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection Anonymous

Thank you Paul for a real gem.
    You’re welcome Alec. It was a fun project and I’m really pleased that you are happy with the result. I enjoyed working with you on it and bringing your vision to life.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Fabulous!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My apologies to Alec, I had meant to post these a few days ago when he sent them to me.

This one, I know a lot of people have been waiting to see:

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Another addition to the collection, this time not King. A full set of Miles Cameron S/L's and an additional Lettered Red Knight

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Alec!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simply magnifiscent that Orange proof
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast