Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1433

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful Hobbit!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you. A few more King items to post in the ensuing couple of weeks, plus some more Tolkien.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I must make it a hobbit to stop by here more often on my way to Barad-dûr for the weekly Orcs housewives baked goods sales. Love that ROSEMARY'S BABY lettered edition!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

The eclectic mix of your collection is unbelievable and never ceases to amaze me.
    So have you any Tolkien titles secreted amongst those never ending library shelves?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Thank you. A few more King items to post in the ensuing couple of weeks, plus some more Tolkien.
    I don't know how much more my heart can take Alec .

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Apologies to Alec, I've been sitting on these images for a while, just not found time to get them posted here.

One of Alec's more recent additions, this is one of only about 5 maps that Tolkien ever signed. Shown here with some other pieces of fantastic art that adorns Alec's walls some of which has been seen here before, but a couple of pieces I think may be new to folks here...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Apologies to Alec, I've been sitting on these images for a while, just not found time to get them posted here.

One of Alec's more recent additions, this is one of only about 5 maps that Tolkien ever signed. Shown here with some other pieces of fantastic art that adorns Alec's walls some of which has been seen here before, but a couple of pieces I think may be new to folks here...

What’s on the right. Lower right just out of frame?!! I got good eyes for that sort of thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

what is it? one of the best pieces i have ever seen.

Spoiler:
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what is it? one of the best pieces i have ever seen.

Spoiler:
    Oh I know what piece it is haha beautiful is what it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow, even more great stuff. Amazing. Simply amazing.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Superamazing !!!

Thank you all for the positive comments and many thanks to Simon.
    These troubled times have sadly restricted the two of us meeting up, which is always a privilege, not only for his take on King works but also the opportunity to hear some of the news from the higher echelons of computer technology. Even to a novice like me it is fascinating.

I have conservatively said that only five inscribed maps exist, though in reality I have heard it is not even that many.

On the thread that was opened reference my collection sale, I have just listed all the numbered and lettered Gunslingers, mainly on the request of a couple of members. I hope they help. Listed as well are the three copies of Game of Thrones published by Meisha Merlin.

Stay safe during these distressing times.
    Alec.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love it!

I just can't get enough of his writing.

His inscriptions and signatures are like something from a different era. I mean, they are - they're more than a half-century old! - but they still feel like something from the nineteenth century, as opposed to something from the 1950's or 60's.

The pen, the ink, the calligraphy. And so nice to have it displayed.

Bravo

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Alec, my friend, you continue to outdo yourself! If you can do with Tolkien collecting, what you've done in Stephen King collecting, it will be monumental! The signed map is extraordinary and I wish you continued success in the hunt for more amazing Tolkien items.

John

Tim I agree with your comments wholeheartedly, the attention to detail when signing is amazing. No quick scribbles here!
    John great to hear from you. Time we saw some of your rare and special items again.
    Many thanks.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you've been holding out on us Alec - I didn't know you had King related art. what a wonderful piece.

...and the map! sometimes an item will leave you speechless for a moment, and you just need to take it in and admire it. I don't know what I could add, that hasn't already been said, but what a brilliant addition. I can only imagine how it must have felt when you were able to hang it in your collection for the first time. perhaps you mention it somewhere in the thread if I go back further, but is there a story you are able to share on how you aquired it? something that rare, did you happen upon it in some magical little shop, or as a known collector, did the owner seek you out?

your collection never ceases to amaze, and I am so grateful that you continue to share your treasures with us.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Jim, thank you for the appreciation of the King art.
    Returning to the signed Tolkien map, I wish I could relate something that was a little bit magical, sadly I cannot.
    The only part of the story that has some mystic about it is the rarity. Apparently one map was sold not too long ago which Tolkien had inscribed and signed in numerous places, almost a working document. It was sold at auction around 26th October 2015 by Blackwells of Oxford. It was expected to fetch over £60,000. The exact sum it reached I am not familiar with. The excitement left people trying to find any other maps that were signed and I believe a couple surfaced, this being one of them. The gentleman who acquired this one is a collector from Belgium who has one of the most extensive Tolkien collections. He has been sourcing a few items for me and thereby offered me this map. Needless to say I could not resist.
    Sorry it’s not magical but it feels pretty special which is as near as it gets.
    Lovely to hear from you again.
    Stay safe during these disturbing times.
    Alec.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Back to posting some of Alec's King collection now. A lot of members here own multiple copies of books, but these are all excellent examples as well as ALL of them being signed and inscribed.

Two of the Christine's deserve special mention as one is signed 31st March 1983, considerably earlier than the believed published date of 29th April as per the Catalog, whilst the other appears to be either the 9th April or the 9th of July. As King normally would cross his 7's I would presume it's a 4. - Opinions?

All four Seasons.... Also all signed and inscribed.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely a 4, not a 7. Great stuff though.

My Mood
    Cool

Christine. The first book I ever read of King's and the first one I bought when I decided to try and start a collection. And 4 Four season books. Brilliant. I would have never thought to do that.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful books as always!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a "4" to me.

I'm not sure what's more impressive - the signatures and inscriptions or the amazing condition! Probably in this case it's the inscriptions, since both appear to be pre-publication. But for so many books (IT, The Shining, The Talisman, etc., etc.) finding one in true F/F condition is sooooooo hard to do, often much harder than finding a signed copy, that to see multiples in F/F shape is just a visual treat. Then to see ones in F/F and with an inscription - extraordinary!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast