Donate To Keep The Site Robust And Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Breaker The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

I donít collect proofs but Iím salivating. Congratulations Alec.

Donate to TDT Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alec, you might have to start hiring armed guards!
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

Gunslinger Apprentice Alec has a spectacular aura about Alec has a spectacular aura about

Thank you all for the superlatives on the Orange Plume Proof.
    It was no exaggeration when David described it before the auction. I should have some images shortly of the Viking, Sphere and Plume proofs as a trio. It is at this point appropriate to thank David for bringing this to the market place, there is very little it appears that cannot be purchased at Betts Books.
    As always many thanks to Simon who has posted these images and the same group in the relevant proof section.

Maerlyn's Imp peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unbelievable. Cingratulations on the Gunslinger proof and it heading to a good home, and the lettered Red Knights. Amazing stuff...

Gunslinger Apprentice Alec has a spectacular aura about Alec has a spectacular aura about

As the copies of Firestarter from Dragon Rebound head out to their respective locations, I will take this opportunity to say thank you to Paul Suntup who has just taken on a project to produce five unique copies of rebound first editions for me. The project, I am sure, is probably not the first time it has been done.
    First edition copies of Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, Night Shift and The Stand will be rebound into extremely fine leather covers, each with their own matching leather tray case. The details of the stampings and gold pattern are with Paul, as is the quality of the product and materials to be employed.
    The difference with this set is that I have been able to use some of the 1980's signed bookplates that I purchased as a batch of sixteen many months ago. These will be set into each book in a recess on the verso of the front board.
    The complete design is totally with Paul and his ability to come up with something of the highest quality is without question.
    As the project progresses I will post a few updates here as I am sure Paul will do the same on his media sites.
    I feel very privileged that Paul has elected to produce this set for me, especially with the work load he has already undertaken with his next lettered edition.
    So a very heartfelt thank you to Paul.

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking forward to seeing what will likely be amazing books. Great idea(s), and congratulations on choosing a great person to coordinate the project.

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot wait to see the finished product and am looking forward to the updates too
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like an awesome project that will yield great results. Congrats, Alec! And to Paul for taking the project on.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Thank you for the positive comments.
    There should be a few images of ideas in the next two or three weeks.

Maerlyn's Imp peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What an excellent idea. I look forward to seeing the extraordinary outcome.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the kudos Alec! You are too kind.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A new acquisition for Alec. PS Publishing's Lettered 'Salem's Lot (Letter U).

This looks to be yet another wonderful edition from PS. Pete and his team at PS Towers really put the effort into making a lettered edition a real collectible rather than just the standard book with a letter instead of a number. The high end materials, the artwork and the whole package is beautifully put together, and i think Alec has nicely shown the book off in his photo's with the bird - very macabre!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Alec!! Thanks for sharing Simon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Alec!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Alec. This looks like a beautiful edition of Salem's Lot, and I love the distressed look of the cover / traycase material... Fantastic (and thanks, Simon).

Thank you Simon. I could not agree more with your observations on the production of the book and the fact that it is a rather fine collectible. No unnecessary frills and appendages, in fact the book holds up well on its own without the jacket. Beautifully crafted and the finish and detail is perfect. Congratulations to Peter and PS Publishing, a superb fourth addition to a remarkable set of books.
    Thank you all for the comments on this production. Spot on!

Country
    Country Flag

I love how this Dust Jacket art (the face, close up) marries with the Thinner edition...

Looking for a Salem's Lot, Red Roman Numeral.

A long shot I know. Normally I do not post prices, however to establish an interest on such an item I would be looking at paying $17,500.00 +++

Should the possibility arise please send me a PM, we could then elect to engage privately if acceptable.

A very Happy New Year to you all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25