Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How Much of Stephen Kings works have you ACTUALLY read?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have read everything ever published in one form or another

10 21.28%
  • I have read all the novels and short story collections

13 27.66%
  • I have read all the novels

2 4.26%
  • I have only read the Dark Tower Series

3 6.38%
  • I have read most of the books

23 48.94%
  • I have only read the newer books

2 4.26%
  • Who is this Stephen King?

1 2.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How much King have you actually read?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Funny thing is I've read probably close to half of the book. But then I put it down one day and never picked it back up. I think I was going into a long period of readers block. I did enjoy what I read, and it is near the top of my list of too read books. Maybe I'll read it after Dr. Sleep.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just an observation, but this seems to be a really "Odd" thread topic for a website dedicated to Stephen King fans!!! If you don't read just about everything the guy writes, why are you here? Not trying to accuse or incite anyone just kinda curious is all. I just about love all his books and I am a BIG fan so, just looking for some feedback from others.

Edit: I realize that the site is really more dedicated to the DT books, but still if you aren't reading them or have read them then why did you (plural) visit this site in the first place. Again, not trying to start an argument or, get in anyone's face just curious is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Basically for me it's not that I don't intend to read them, it's that I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've discovered that having a two year old really impacts on your reading time!

Also, I like to mix up my authors, so as not to read too much of the same author in a row. Have so much Koontz, Martin, Cronin, Hill, and others on my too read list.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Basically for me it's not that I don't intend to read them, it's that I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've discovered that having a two year old really impacts on your reading time!

Also, I like to mix up my authors, so as not to read too much of the same author in a row. Have so much Koontz, Martin, Cronin, Hill, and others on my too read list.
    Oh, I get that. A little history in my case, when I was younger I read literally a thousand books. High School reading list, N.Y. Times Best Sellers list. recommendations etc. I used to go on "Genre" jags, Lawrence Saunders, Issac Asimov, Robert Heinlen, Tom Clancy, Douglas Adams, Ray Bradbury, William Peter Blatty, Tolkien, Bram Stoker, etc and then I settled down, so to speak, on my favorite, Stephen King. Drives my kids crazy because I no longer have that thirst for new books that I used to have. I have burned myself out to a degree on other authors, which is kind of a shame, but I just can't seem to get vested in anyone anymore. Anyway, it was simply a question and maybe it will help to bolster my reading impulses.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you know, Bill, some people here are twenty years younger than we are... some thirty-five years younger... and some are slow readers... and grown in the era where reading was already supplanted by computers, but Kindle didn't yet exist... they may physically have had no time to read it all

I am so grateful to anyone who reads something - anything. One, two King novels is a wonderful start.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I have read most of his works... stories posted in magazines I have not read unless they have been republished in a short story collection.

Some of his newer material I have not read... the old stuff I have read it all!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still don't know how to vote. I've read every novel and short story collection (second option from the top), plus lots of uncollected obscure stuff I downloaded when Shannon had that Best Short Story tournament. Still, I know that I missed something (Storm of the Century, for example, or The Plant).

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I still don't know how to vote. I've read every novel and short story collection (second option from the top), plus lots of uncollected obscure stuff I downloaded when Shannon had that Best Short Story tournament. Still, I know that I missed something (Storm of the Century, for example, or The Plant).
    I would go with the 2nd option as it's the closest.
    You have access to both of those books you know...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Now I do!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Now I do!!!
    PM sent!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I recently re read rage and road work really enjoyed his old style years later! Have to read the running man but Schwarzenegger is stopping me from reading it. Finished the long walk last year
    Please dont let that POS film stop you reading what is a great book.
    ^This.

I’ve talked to people that actually like that movie. I always tell them to read the book. It’s so much better.

For me, the movie is basically unwatchable. The only good part about it was Richard Dawson.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have read most, if not all, of his older novels (pre 2002), although i find it harder to read his newer stuff (I enjoyed Duma Key and need to revisit DT 6/7 as I just skimmed thru them due to lack of interest). I still buy all of his books, maybe I need to read them when I am a little older.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to vote with the general statement of "I have read most of the books". The non-fiction, online stuff, and early works (as a kid, college years,etc) I have read very little of.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I've read most of the novels and short story collections; the exceptions being some of the newer works: Under the Dome, Full Dark, No Stars, and... Im not sure what other new works Ive missed.

I like the Dark Tower series best, in general, but I enjoy pretty much all the King Ive read.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I've been reading S.K. since I was 13. The list of stuff I haven't read is dwindling down to nothing. This makes me sad.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I've been reading S.K. since I was 13. The list of stuff I haven't read is dwindling down to nothing. This makes me sad.
    Do You/Can You re-read? For me the body of work is one wonderful cycle of re-reading. Some books get to jump ahead depending on my mood, but I think I have read everything at least 3 times over the years. (TDT, The Stand, The long Walk, It and some others I probably reread every 12- 18 months - it's like meeting up with old friends...)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I've re-read some stuff. I've read Desperation a few times, some of the DT books, plus some other books. The problem with re-reading for me, is that I can't re-read until I've forgotten most of the story. Otherwise, it just isn't enjoyable the second time around.
    The only thing this doesn't apply to is DT books. Those are books I'll pick up at times just for the familiarity, and reminder of what it felt like my first time reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2