Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: at_one

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If I had a S/L Stand, I wouldn't worry about how may other limited editions i had

Awesome collection!

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some pictures of the other books in my collection, non-SK.

1st bookshelf-

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

2nd bookshelf-

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

And a few miscellaneous reading collections....

The last 10 or so years of Playboy-

and my Comic Book collection (which was EXTREMELY thinned out when I bought my new house)-

I plan on starting a Comic Collection thread to show individual comics, when I get a chance.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I used to get Playboy for the informative articles all the time...

But, seriously, a very impressive collection!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is one of my more interesting non-SK books, alongside one of my wife's favorite books, double signed and doodled by the man himself-

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

And here is the book that started it all....collecting that is. I have read SK since 1990, when my Aunt gave me a softcover copy of The Stand. I was 11 years old and my parents were not happy as they thought Stephen King wrote nothing but "smut" and he would corrupt my virgin mind....lol. I attended a private school then and brought that book to school....it almost got me suspended!!!!

Fast forward 13 years...the gal I was dating at the time saw my bookshelf of Stephen King books and bought this for me for Christmas. I thought it was so cool that she found an SK book I had not heard of.....little did I know!

I had no idea SK wrote anything besides horror, and my mind was blown when I read this book!!! I slowly found all the other parts of the story and over the course of the next few years read I-VII. This also opened my eyes as to what else was out there. I had no clue that there were "gift" and "limited" and "numbered" editions of books!!! From that point I was hooked!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool collection posts indeed, enjoyed the DT V backstory, too
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's some photos of one of my most treasured SK books, and the beginning of my Dark Tower artist signed collection-

Big thanks go to wizardsrainbow (David), without him I would have not been able to get this book signed!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story and awesome collection!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys! I have been sharing my collection slowly as this allows me to revisit books that generally just sit on the shelf. It really makes me appreciate what I have and it's fun to share with y'all!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    Thanks guys! I have been sharing my collection slowly as this allows me to revisit books that generally just sit on the shelf. It really makes me appreciate what I have and it's fun to share with y'all!!!
    I know what you mean. I was the same way when I first started my collection thread. It is a "Hoot and a half" to go through the books and post them online!! Enjoy it!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lovin' the DT 1 signed by Whelan, Nick .. the rest of the artists signed volumes (given that you don't have them all yet) in the series should be a doddle now that the most difficult to procure is done and dusted
    We all float down here!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Goblins are GREEN with envy on this. 1st/1st DT artist signed is my TDT grail too!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Lovin' the DT 1 signed by Whelan, Nick .. the rest of the artists signed volumes (given that you don't have them all yet) in the series should be a doddle now that the most difficult to procure is done and dusted
    Well, I don't have them all signed yet but I did get another one scratched off my list yesterday, with a little bonus. Will post pictures once in my hands.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I don't have them all signed yet but I did get another one scratched off my list yesterday, with a little bonus. Will post pictures once in my hands.
    If it's DT IV I will have to kill you - nothing personal you understand
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Until I get a chance to take some more pictures of my SK books, here is a few pictures of my other collections.

My Wisconsin sports Bobblehead collection-

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

My somewhat modest Shot Glass collection, I only buy these while traveling so each shot glass has a memory attached to it. I definitely don't buy these on the internets....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the bobble heads! I just moved my rather small collection of Brewer and Buck bobble heads to my 3 year old's bedroom. He would be very envious if he saw so many!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

And I love beer!!! Therefore, my beer glass collection which is used daily....

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

The house that my wife and I bought has a root cellar attached to the basement. It has a consistent temperature of 40-60 degrees Fahrenheit, perfect for storing beer and wine. Nonetheless, it is stocked at all times! Another collection, of course, although it is constantly rotating!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    If it's DT IV I will have to kill you - nothing personal you understand

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE COLLECTION !!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A man after my own heart!!! Collections? Just how many do you have? LOL I collect, King, Disney, R&R Art, castle's, Yanks, sports and All kinds of shit!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast