Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your top X most wanted books?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My King want list, in no particular order:

The Wind Through the Keyhole S/L (this would complete my set since The Gunslinger S/L is out of my reach)
    The Gunslinger -- First Grant Edition
    Wolves of the Calla -- 1st/1st Trade edition signed by Bernie Wrightson
    Salem's Lot S/L
    Salem's Lot 1st w/2nd state DJ
    The Dead Zone -- Easton Press
    Wizard & Glass -- First Grant Edition remarqued by Dave McKean
    DT1, DT7 or LSOE remarqued by Michael Whelan
    DT5 -- Grant Artist Edition remarqued by Bernie Wrightson (if he ever agrees to draw any)
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    As it relates to King, my most desired book is (and always will be until I get it) the S/L edition of THE STAND. The other nine (a 1st HC of NIGHT SHIFT, the S/L of SKELETON CREW, et al) are significantly less so...I really, really want the S/L of THE STAND.
    It is definitely worth the desire! I just got mine last week and it is one of the coolest things I have EVER purchased.
    Congratulations! I hope to be able to say the same thing someday.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Gunslinger viking proof
    2. gunslinger sphere proof
    3. gunslinger manyscript..blue pages
    4. enders game first edition
    5. tor proof of first drizzt paperback novel by ra salvatore
    6. regulators and salems lot lettered
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

High on my want list is Ubris Spring 68 but at a price I can live with (last one sold for over 1000 unsigned if I recall)
    reality continues to ruin my life

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh boy, tough to name a top 10....

#1 is easy for me: Sphere UK Gunslinger proof
    #2 Asbestos Firestarter
    #3 The Carrie 1st edition that King inscribed to his mother
    #4 about half of carlosdetweiller's collection
    #5 The Lettered Regulators Prototype (I have the prototype 1/1 toy box S/L one)
    #6 An original Gunslinger manuscript
    #7 A Bernie Wrightson Remarque in DT V - the only artist I do not own (I own original DT V art, but not a Wrightson remarqued book)
    #8 The inscribed 1st Salem's Lot dated October 3, 1975....2 weeks BEFORE publication and the earliest dated Salem's I ever saw - bought away from me at Heritage Auctions
    #9 carlosdetweiller's copy of The Stand (I think it is the Stand) that King inscribed to his daughter Naomi
    #10 the mythical (maybe real...no one knows for sure) UK proof copies of Carrie, Salem's Lot

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Lettered Regulators
    2. The missing #644 DT2 for my set
    3. S/L Stand
    4. Asbestos Firestarter
    5. S/L A Game of Thrones (matching if possible)
    6. King signatures/personalizations in all my King books
    7. Christine S/L
    8. Skeleton Crew S/L
    9. Fevre Dream Lettered
    10. Any amazing remarques
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    High on my want list is Ubris Spring 68 but at a price I can live with (last one sold for over 1000 unsigned if I recall)
    $1286 according to my records. But Betts have sold one for $750 in the past.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Copy of Sword In The Darkness manuscript
    Copy of The Cannibals manuscript
    Copy of The Island manuscript
    Copy of The Dead Zone manuscript
    Copy of Blaze manuscript
    Unsigned copy of Skeleton Crew limited

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I got my copy of this edition from Hannes and I sold it to Rusty (namelessnpoor). I believe he listed it for sale in the Classifieds thread a couple of days ago.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I got my copy of this edition from Hannes and I sold it to Rusty (namelessnpoor). I believe he listed it for sale in the Classifieds thread a couple of days ago.
    And now it's headed my way!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And we all love these lists, don't we?

There are a lot of books I'd like to have but I'm including the 10 items I don't think I'll ever own:

1) Asbestos Firestarter
    2) The Regulators Lettered
    3) Salem's Lot with 1st state DJ.
    4) The Gunslinger S/L
    5) Copy of Sword in the darkness manuscript
    6) The Shining Doubleday proof
    7) Copy of Thinner manuscript (with the original title)
    8) Copy of The Aftermath
    9) Copy of The Star Invaders
    10) 1st edition of Carrie personalized to myself.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My top 10 are:

1. The Gutenberg Bible, 1st 1456 printing
    2. THE NECRONOMICON, signed by Abdul Alhazred in his own blood moments before he was ripped to pieces by Cthulhu
    3. DR. NO, Jonathan Cape 1958, 1st/1st in MINT condition
    4. The galley proof of The Kama Sutra, circa 300 BCE with the unexpurgated illustrations
    5. The Book of Life, flat signed by God
    6. The 10 volume set of Paradise Lost by John Milton, 1667, with the free bookmark
    7. The Egyptian BOOK OF THE DEAD in the original hieroglyphs, with the missing magic spell and the drawing of the pyramid on page 666 by the author
    8. THE MODERN PROMETHEUS, 1818, one of two copies as written by Mary Shelley and rumored to be lost in a fire caused by a rather large monstrous creature with a daisy in his lapel
    9. OLIVER TWIST, 1838 limited edition with the alternate 'twist' ending, as subsequently presented on the missing tape from The Twilight Zone TV series
    10. The first issue ever of TV GUIDE Magazine (well, it's not really a book, but who wouldn't want it?)
    Let me know if you need Australian printing editions of those.

My list (I'm being boring and sticking to things I may actually be able to afford someday)
    1. The Stand S/L
    2. IT S/L
    3. The Shining S/L (ordered, on its way some day)
    4. Skeleton Crew S/L
    5. Carrie first edition
    6. Salem's Lot first edition
    7. Night Shift first edition
    8. DT S/L set (don't care if matching set)
    9. Firestarter S/L
    10. Christine S/L

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Oh boy, tough to name a top 10....

#1 is easy for me: Sphere UK Gunslinger proof
    #2 Asbestos Firestarter
    #3 The Carrie 1st edition that King inscribed to his mother
    #4 about half of carlosdetweiller's collection
    #5 The Lettered Regulators Prototype (I have the prototype 1/1 toy box S/L one)
    #6 An original Gunslinger manuscript
    #7 A Bernie Wrightson Remarque in DT V - the only artist I do not own (I own original DT V art, but not a Wrightson remarqued book)
    #8 The inscribed 1st Salem's Lot dated October 3, 1975....2 weeks BEFORE publication and the earliest dated Salem's I ever saw - bought away from me at Heritage Auctions
    #9 carlosdetweiller's copy of The Stand (I think it is the Stand) that King inscribed to his daughter Naomi
    #10 the mythical (maybe real...no one knows for sure) UK proof copies of Carrie, Salem's Lot
    UPDATED:

I now own #1 on my list and my Dark Tower collection is essentially complete now!!!
    I now own #8 as well!!!
    #2 is for sale by a member here (where I got my Sphere Gunslinger proof), but I just can't get my arms around spending that much more $$ to acquire! BTW...I did actually HOLD IN MY HANDS another member's Asbestos Firestarter on Thursday.....It was awesome!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

01. The Stand S/L
    02. Doctor Sleep S/L
    03. From a Buick 8 S/L
    04. 11/22/63 flat signed
    05. The Shining Lettered
    06. Carrie copy from formerly Soviet Union
    P2

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shining Lettered on eBay at a VERY VERY high price of $5500

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

P2

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Mine are a little less ambitious but in keeping with the 'in the realms of possibility' rather than 'in my wildest dreams' here is my top 10:

1. Gunslinger (pref Artist signed) 1st/1st
    2. Carrie US 1st/1st
    3. 'Salem's Lot US 1st/1st
    4. Night Shift US 1st/1st
    5. Roadwork US 1st/1st
    6. Skeleton Crew S/L
    7. Green Mile Limited H/C Set
    8. Self Printed/Bound Plant
    9. Wastelands - Artist Signed
    10. W & G - Artist Signed
    As we are doing updates, I now have most of the items on my original list, so here's an updated top 10..

1. Lettered Regulators
    2. S/L Regulators
    3. Completion of my DT numbered set (#228 )
    4. IT S/L
    5. Danse Macabre S/L
    6. Dr Sleep S/L
    7. Full Dark No Stars S/L
    8. From a Buick 8 S/L
    9. Self Printed/Bound Plant
    10. W & G - Artist signed
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course I didn't get any of these (with the exception of photocopies of The Star Invaders) but I changed my mind a little bit:

Original list:
    1) Asbestos Firestarter
    4) The Gunslinger S/L
    Copy of The Aftermath

Updated list:

1) The Regulators Lettered
    2) Asbestos Firestarter
    4) The Gunslinger S/L
    6) Salem's Lot Doubleday proof
    8 ) Copy of The Aftermath
    9) Copy of The Masque of the Red Death adaptation he sold at school
    10) Comics Review or Stories of Suspense with I was a teenage grave robber/In a half-world of terror.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Of course I didn't get any of these (with the exception of photocopies of The Star Invaders) but I changed my mind a little bit:

Original list:
    1) Asbestos Firestarter
    4) The Gunslinger S/L
    Copy of The Aftermath

Updated list:

2) Asbestos Firestarter
    4) The Gunslinger S/L
    10) Comics Review or Stories of Suspense with I was a teenage grave robber/In a half-world of terror.

You forgot the Grand Prize personally inscribed Bill Hodges Trilogy. I suppose that would be a 2016 goal.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Original list:
    1) Asbestos Firestarter
    4) The Gunslinger S/L
    Copy of The Aftermath

Updated list:

2) Asbestos Firestarter
    4) The Gunslinger S/L
    What was the original title of THINNER? And may I ask why this one?
    Also, I do not see that Red Death adaptation mentionned? Wasnt it The Pit and the Pendulum?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gypsy Pie was the original title.

And you're correct. I mixed up Poe's stories. I'd want The Pit and the pendulum
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any major differences known between Gipsy Pie and Thinner?
    May I ask why you want specifically this one and not another one?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Not that I know (about the differences) since I never read Gypsy Pie. Just thought it'd be a really cool item to get.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    1. Lettered Regulators
    2. The missing #644 DT2 for my set
    3. S/L Stand
    4. Asbestos Firestarter
    5. S/L A Game of Thrones (matching if possible)
    7. Christine S/L
    8. Skeleton Crew S/L
    9. Fevre Dream Lettered
    10. Any amazing remarques
    Wow, looks like I have to update this list!

Country
    Country Flag

Revised List:
    1. Lettered Regulators
    2. Regulators S/L
    3. Firestarter S/L
    4. Asbestos Firestarter
    5. Legends S/L
    7. Lettered From A Buick 8
    8. 'Salem's Lot 1st state
    9. Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (GRRM) Lettered
    10. Original (published) art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast