Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: King on Twitter

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://mediamatters.org/research/201...t-khans/212107
    Neo-Nazi Website Daily Stormer On Capt. Khan: “An Islamic Terrorist From Pakistan Infiltrates The US Military” And “Accidentally Gets His Dumbass Killed.” The Daily Stormer is an anti-Semitic and neo-Nazi hate site that’s endorsed Donald Trump. Editor Andrew Anglin repeatedly smeared the late Capt. Khan and his family as terrorists and called on them to be deported. From his post:
    I am hereby calling for the Khan family to be immediately deported to Pakistan. What’s more, I want their terrorist son’s body dug up and shipped back with them.
    First, a website (especially one such as this) isn't a "Trump crowd," or any crowd - it's a website.

Second, while this website's content is awful - what did you expect trawling a neo-Nazi website to result in? Of course neo-Nazi content is horrible and bad! But it's also irrelevant to the conversation about the quality of King's tweets (which offend some but so what) or whether "lynch mob" is a valid description of a chant at a political convention (it is not; it is a manifestation of Internal Escalation Anxiety).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's an individual and a website that has endorsed Trump. So, technically part of the "Trump crowd", no?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

He may be a trump supporter but that does not mean that other supporters or trump himself condone his opinions. No candidate can control who supports them.

This whole discussion began because someone disagreed with how King treats people who have a different opinion from his own. No one should resort to name calling and belittling the opinions of others. Just because you agree with Kings views does not make what he is doing acceptable.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was just pointing out that King's "lynch mob" usage is not completely unwarranted.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    No one should resort to name calling and belittling the opinions of others. Just because you agree with Kings views does not make what he is doing acceptable.
    You mean like what Trump has been doing most of his life?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    No one should resort to name calling and belittling the opinions of others. Just because you agree with Kings views does not make what he is doing acceptable.
    You mean like what Trump has been doing most of his life?
    Of course I mean like Trump. He is extremely thin skinned and lashes out at anyone the moment they criticize him.

I am including everyone in my statement. If ones opinion can't be defended without name calling they are in the wrong, even if they're right. If you're going to call someone an idiot tell me why they're an idiot. Otherwise just don't say anything.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

King's tweet and the response from "Cthulhu" both made my day Needed that!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I miss the days when a simple comparison to Mr. Burns sufficed.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...11b_story.html
    I am ecstatic that Bob Dylan has won the Nobel. A great and good thing in a season of sleaze and sadness — author Stephen King.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Of course Molly supports Pennywise!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King seems to have shut down and assumed the fetal position in some dark room following Trump's win. A bit of overreaction but consistent with Hillary herself who couldn't come out last night and thank her supporters. I'm just glad this election is over.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    ...Hillary herself who couldn't come out last night and thank her supporters.
    In fairness to HRC, at the time her rep announced that she'd speak in the morning, Trump had not yet hit 270 and it had been said (by at least one outlet) that the results might not come until the morning. I don't blame her for holding off in favor of waiting until she had something meaningful to say.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    ...Hillary herself who couldn't come out last night and thank her supporters.
    In fairness to HRC, at the time her rep announced that she'd speak in the morning, Trump had not yet hit 270 and it had been said (by at least one outlet) that the results might not come until the morning. I don't blame her for holding off in favor of waiting until she had something meaningful to say.
    Except she called Trump a few minutes later and conceded. They knew it was over at that point.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Except she called Trump a few minutes later and conceded. They knew it was over at that point.
    Are you saying she knew it was over when she had Podesta announce that she wouldn't speak until the morning?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

5h5 hours ago
    Stephen King ‏@StephenKing
    No more book recommendations, politics, or amusing dog pictures for the immediate future. I'm shutting down.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Are you saying she knew it was over when she had Podesta announce that she wouldn't speak until the morning?
    Yes. I knew it was over and she certainly had better information than most people. And, if there was any doubt, she called Trump and conceded within a few minutes after Podesta spoke. Would she concede if she thought the issue was still in doubt?

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I am going to miss Molly the Thing of Evil while SKs twitter is inactive.

Her tweets were always great...especially the GIFs.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes. I knew it was over and she certainly had better information than most people.
    We don't know that they "knew" anything ('writing on the wall' is too low a standard for elections).

Would she concede if she thought the issue was still in doubt?
    Podesta speaking and HRC calling were separate events; she conceded after Trump reached 270.

I'm no HRC fan but I think benefit of the doubt is called for with this. I don't think she deserves the heat for this decision.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    5h5 hours ago
    No more book recommendations, politics, or amusing dog pictures for the immediate future. I'm shutting down.
    No one likes to lose, but to announce your intent to sulk - how petulant.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I knew it was over and she certainly had better information than most people.
    We don't know that they "knew" anything ('writing on the wall' is too low a standard for elections).

Would she concede if she thought the issue was still in doubt?
    Podesta speaking and HRC calling were separate events; she conceded after Trump reached 270.

I'm no HRC fan but I think benefit of the doubt is called for with this. I don't think she deserves the heat for this decision.
    Her call was made within minutes of Podesta ending his speech. Nothing occurred in that brief interval. She had no intention of going out there last night and likely did not have any concession speech prepared due to her overconfidence. It's water under the bridge though. She was very gracious today.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

5h5 hours ago

That is a bit immature. Especially as King can write a new novel ala Under The Dome with the material soon to be provided by Trump et al.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

5h5 hours ago
    I'm not surprised Stephen King wants to shut himself away from social media for awhile. It's not petulance - he's just disgusted that the American populace have decided to elect a president that embraces racist fascism and misogyny.

Stephen King didn't lose - America did.

His final tweet before shutting down is quite appropriate, considering the result of the election....

6h6 hours ago
    One more thing before I drift away for awhile: A common sign in antiques stores reading IF YOU BREAK IT, YOU OWN IT.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The wagon-circling is silly but I guess should be expected on a King-oriented site.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That is a bit immature.
    King’s response was actually pretty much a textbook definition of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    …King can write a new novel ala Under The Dome...
    Let's keep this civil; there’s no need for threats.

It would make sense if he said he was going to avoid reading news in order to avoid immersion in what he regards as a disaster, but instead of that, in his own words, he's going to refrain from expressing himself through:

...book recommendations, politics, or amusing dog pictures...
    So yeah - 'petulant' covers it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast