Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: King on Twitter

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it was a national tragedy with several people killed and he was cracking jokes that would be one thing. He made a joke about Republicans hitting a garbage truck, probably didn’t know that one person died, and apologized afterwards and included a gofundme link for the person’s family afterwards. And mind you he probably could have deleted the tweet or just ignored the comments as his tweet received no publicity and there was minimal controversy.

His tweet is the definition of a non-issue. If he had insulted a POW for being captured or said that white supremacists were good people or boasted about sexually assault Inst women that would be another thing entirely.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    He made a joke about Republicans hitting a garbage truck...
    Isn't this bad enough? Why excuse poor behavior?

...and apologized afterwards...
    This is meaningless; everyone that offends anyone in public for anything eventually apologizes.

If he had insulted a POW for being captured or said that white supremacists were good people or boasted about sexually assault Inst women that would be another thing entirely.
    Oh, you don't like Trump! Well, why didn't you say so?

Assuming you intended your response to be coherent, why bring up Trump when the issue under discussion was something King did? Does the election still sting that much for you, that all you can come up with is Trumpisworse! Trumpisworse! every time someone criticizes someone you like?

You don't like Trump. We get it. Why need that prevent you from seeing King's assholery for what it is?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Isn't this bad enough? Why excuse poor behavior?
    Because the level of outrage you're feigning is above the severity of what he actually did.

This is meaningless; everyone that offends anyone in public for anything eventually apologizes.
    People have basic humility do, yeah. Some people refuse to acknowledge they've said something offensive and double down.

Assuming you intended your response to be coherent, why bring up Trump when the issue under discussion was something King did?
    I brought it up because it's pretty telling that the only two people here acting outraged over this here are the two people who get upset whenever King goes after Trump on Twitter. You've insinuated that he was a coward twice for doing so. So I find the concept of King "crossing the line" here to be kind of funny.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could care less about King's politics or what he thinks of Trump. My concern is with his constant childish, offensive, and elitist tone. He doesn't like Trump. We get it. No one cares. But if he is going to spend his time on politics at least be civil. And his "apology" regarding his bizarre statement about the train wreck really isn't an apology if you read it. Trying to blame Trump for King's behavior is a hoot. The moral equivalency defense is weak sauce. King is responsible for his own conduct no matter what anyone else is doing.

Country
    Country Flag

No one’s ‘blaming’ Trump for what King said. It’s just the irony in supporting someone like Trump while attacking King’s political statements as being “childish and offensive” in comparison which you’ve been doing since 2016 (for someone who couldn’t care less that’s a while), long before he made a joke about a garbage truck.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No one’s ‘blaming’ Trump for what King said. It’s just the irony in supporting someone like Trump while attacking King’s political statements as being “childish and offensive” in comparison which you’ve been doing since 2016 (for someone who couldn’t care less that’s a while), long before he made a joke about a garbage truck.
    You are trying to make a moral equivalency argument to excuse King's behavior by repeatedly referencing Trump. This is simple and doesn't need to be belabored. If someone makes light of a train wreck in which people are injured and killed because they don't like the politics of those on the train, that person has lost all perspective on civility. I would say the same if it had been democrats on the train and some republican made the same statement. I'm not attacking King's politics because I could care less. It is an issue of basic civility. And you are correct that King's childish behavior dates back for a long time before this incident.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

i think it is quite funny that the train full of republicans hit a garbage truck, but knew it was too soon in this politically correct society to make fun because someone died. Had no one died it would of been all over late night TV. regardless of politics, if lawyers, republicans, democrats, cats, trump, clinton, palin, or patterson hit a garbage truck it would be an easy joke. King was going for the easy joke.... and i still thought it was funny.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    You are trying to make a moral equivalency argument to excuse King's behavior by repeatedly referencing Trump. This is simple and doesn't need to be belabored. If someone makes light of a train wreck in which people are injured and killed because they don't like the politics of those on the train, that person has lost all perspective on civility. I would say the same if it had been democrats on the train and some republican made the same statement. I'm not attacking King's politics because I could care less. It is an issue of basic civility. And you are correct that King's childish behavior dates back for a long time before this incident.
    I repeatedly reference Trump because he's the only reason why you've been going after King's tweets since 2016. You're a Trump supporter, own it. In light of that, if you're going to be judging King on acting 'childish' or uncivil then it's more than relevant to bring up the hypocrisy in supporting someone who's far worse than King. It would be like me saying its in poor taste to kill off kids in a horror story when my favorite book is 'It'.

And again -- there's no indication King was making light of the one person who actually died or was even aware that someone had and it's misleading to suggest he was.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    i think it is quite funny that the train full of republicans hit a garbage truck, but knew it was too soon in this politically correct society to make fun because someone died. Had no one died it would of been all over late night TV. regardless of politics, if lawyers, republicans, democrats, cats, trump, clinton, palin, or patterson hit a garbage truck it would be an easy joke. King was going for the easy joke.... and i still thought it was funny.
    We know someone did die. A lot of people were badly hurt. And you think it is still funny and that political correctness is the only reason not to make light of it? Honestly, there are no words for that.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    We know someone did die. A lot of people were badly hurt. And you think it is still funny and that political correctness is the only reason not to make light of it? Honestly, there are no words for that.

I give up. You are knit picking words and completely did NOT understand my post. I must not be nearly as articulate as you. Someone dying is not funny. A collective group of people (that are easily made fun of) hitting a garbage truck is funny.

Obviously KING NOR I knew someone died before the comment was made or he would of been more careful not to offend someone like you.

Pardon my posts and feel free not to read any of them.

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Too funny! I find that if I don't agree with someone's politics. I just don't read their tweets. Posts etc....

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah there are two writers whose output I love who had politics I disagreed with so I just unfollowed them on social media and that was that.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Just curious why MJ is eating tide in this meme. Was it part of the "This is a Tide Ad" campaign from the SB?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...525505/photo/1
    Writing a story about phones. Here's the first iPhone from 2007. No reason to post this, I just thought it was a hoot. For the children among you, SMS was text messaging.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

So another story like Cell? Hmm....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...525505/photo/1
    Writing a story about phones. Here's the first iPhone from 2007. No reason to post this, I just thought it was a hoot. For the children among you, SMS was text messaging.
    Also in the first YEAR and a Half there was no App Store. No other apps at all until almost a year of release had passed. These 1st apps were basically web page apps that had to be run in the browser, nothing native at all. I don't do Android/iPhone battles, but speaking as someone who is in Mobile app development, this phone was a game changer in so many ways...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...842933248?s=20

"How about Netflix bringing back UNDER THE DOME, only starting from scratch and actually doing the book?"

My Collection

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I would actually be all for that.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm no huge fan of the book, but ok...maybe I'd watch. I invested (wasted) so much time in the other adaptation that I might as well see what a real one would be like, and Netflix usually knows what it's doing.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd watch it. But then again, I watched The Mist series, so...

And ouch--that King comment was a liiiiiitle bit of a burn for the CBS series (which I seem to remember him liking at the time).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    And ouch--that King comment was a liiiiiitle bit of a burn for the CBS series (which I seem to remember him liking at the time).
    He's a bit like a used car salesman that develops a conscience after the sale.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

These days if King says it's good, it's probably not. Sad but true. He was saying he was excited about Cell.

I'd really like to see an anthology similar to creepshow or Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...I kind of liked the Cell movie...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast