Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: King on Twitter

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The whole blocking thing is stupid. You can read anyone's public tweets, blocked or not. Just don't log in.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    The whole blocking thing is stupid. You can read anyone's public tweets, blocked or not. Just don't log in.
    It's a way to mark the disloyal.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    It's a way to mark the disloyal.
    its stupid both ways seeing as the tweets can still be seen.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

King Tweeted: "I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."

Witty reply: "I have a similar approach to urinating."

(I like him!)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"He who shoots with his hand has forgotten his gun."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Wow, a famous left-wing millionaire dislikes Trump - President Trump, that is - and then a famous left-wing billionaire joins him in his dislike! News! Cool!

#brave
    #heroic
    #inspired
    #yougogirl
    I think it's less touting the bravery of King and more the absurdity of Trump.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just to be clear: I was touting Rowling's "bravery" (sarcasm, as in "wow, what a brave stand you've taken by helping someone see some tweets). Trump's perceived absurdity by SK, JKR and the rest is a given.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Trump's manifest absurdity.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just to be clear: I was touting Rowling's "bravery" (sarcasm, as in "wow, what a brave stand you've taken by helping someone see some tweets). Trump's perceived absurdity by SK, JKR and the rest is a given.
    I don't think she's expecting to be lauded for bravery either. She's just having a laugh with King at the president's behavior.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think she's expecting to be lauded for bravery either. She's just having a laugh with King at the president's behavior.

She isn't the one with her knickers in a twist.

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

How does he do it? I mean, where does he find the courage?

Country
    Country Flag

What does courage have to do with any of this?

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nothing; that's why the smiley depicts me laughing my balls off at King.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

"Go float yourself" Good one!

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing; that's why the smiley depicts me laughing my balls off at King.
    So what point are you trying to make? That you support Trump and you don't like that King doesn't?

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Wasn't there a tweet from King not long ago (or maybe it was on his fb page) saying that Molly, aka the Thing of Evil, would be publishing soon? A book with some title I can't recall. Probably just a little joke, but considering that Koontz has written a number of books about his dog and even under his dog's name, why not King? If so, please, mr. King...one book is enough

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://ew.com/books/2018/01/23/ursul...an-more-react/

Usula K. LeGuin, one of the greats, has passed. Not just a science fiction writer; a literary icon. Godspeed into the galaxy.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) January 23, 2018

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awful. He should be ashamed. I doubt he believes it was "karma" that someone ran over him in a van.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll give him credit for taking the high road and apologizing (although it was pretty obvious he wasn't mocking anyone who was actually injured or killed), there are certain people in office who wouldn't do such a thing.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"A timely, upbeat tale about finding common ground despite deep-rooted differences."

Wow - does that vary from King's own conduct on Twitter.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    "A timely, upbeat tale about finding common ground despite deep-rooted differences."

Yeah, I really don't understand why he does that when the current US administration is all about finding common ground, being inclusive, and working for the greater good of all its citizens... shame on you, Mr. King!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post

What, you mean it sounds different from yukking it up over a train crash? I guess it's a gray area.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Yeah, I really don't understand why he does that when the current US administration is all about finding common ground, being inclusive, and working for the greater good of all its citizens... shame on you, Mr. King!
    Why would whatever King dislikes in Trump's behavior compel him to turn into a Twitter asshole? Does King not speak for himself?

I don't share King's politics, but that never made me dislike him as a man (my best friend is a liberal). As with many people on the left, I viewed him as holding the positions he held in part because his concern for his fellow man led him to some conclusions I don't share. Bottom line, I disagree with a good man - no problem.

But to take snarky amusement in response to a train accident because it involved elected representatives who voted in ways he didn't like - that's not something I can support, and it's not something King or anyone else can blame on Trump. That train wasn't full of Republican campaign supplies; it was full of human beings.

I still think King is a good man - just one with an asshole streak. That sounds like me, but my streak never gets to the point of enjoying the idea of physical harm coming to people with whom I disagree on politics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast