Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: King on Twitter

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Given that King doesn't have to say 'yes' to anything (there's lots of interest in adapting his works and he doesn't need the money) and that he seems to like when adaptations preserve the spirit of his works, why doesn't he try to get each project into the hands of producers/writers/directors who prioritize faithfulness (no Schwarzenegger as running man, no Jake-centric DT, no "gun fu" (that's a great way to describe that, though), and definitely no psycho-from-the-word-go Jack Torrance)? Why approve DT and UTD, then complain after the fact?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...842933248?s=20

"How about Netflix bringing back UNDER THE DOME, only starting from scratch and actually doing the book?"
    Funny coming from him as someone who actually wrote an episode of the series.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That reminds me: does anyone remember the April fools day announcement that King was going to write season 2 of Stranger Things? I remember it was hilarious (something about Pennywise running over Cujo as he backs Christine out of the Overlook parking lot, I think) but I don't know where to find it.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    That reminds me: does anyone remember the April fools day announcement that King was going to write season 2 of Stranger Things? I remember it was hilarious (something about Pennywise running over Cujo as he backs Christine out of the Overlook parking lot, I think) but I don't know where to find it.
    https://thestudioexec.com/stranger-t...-stephen-king/

HOLLYWOOD – Season 2 of Stranger Things will be penned by Stephen King, it was revealed today.
    It was the hit of the Summer. A genuinely thrilling Netflix Original Series and everyone was crazy for it, with many commenting on how it was like vintage Stephen King filmed by vintage Steven Spielberg. Well now that comparison seems to have paid off as Stephen King, a declared fan of the show, has volunteered to script the entirety of Season 2 of the show. Brothers Matt and Ross Duffer announced the news EXCLUSIVELY to the Studio Exec and had this to say about the collaboration.

Ross spoke first:

King is of course one of our idols so to actually have him approach us was an unbelievable moment. We jumped at the possibility.

Matt added:

Of course we’ll maintain some creative control as show-runners, but who are we to second guess the master? I foresee a great Season 2.

Both brothers however refused to comment on the rumors that Stephen Spielberg was going to guest direct an episode. ‘That would be too much like crossing the beams, if you know what I mean, but hell, if it could happen…’

Stephen King himself has remained coy about the second season, but did let on that it would have something to do with Pennywise knocking over Cujo with Christine while pulling out of the Overlook Hotel parking lot.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That is tremendous. Thanks.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...I kind of liked the Cell movie...
    I did, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    https://thestudioexec.com/stranger-t...-stephen-king/

HOLLYWOOD – Season 2 of Stranger Things will be penned by Stephen King, it was revealed today.
    It was the hit of the Summer. A genuinely thrilling Netflix Original Series and everyone was crazy for it, with many commenting on how it was like vintage Stephen King filmed by vintage Steven Spielberg. Well now that comparison seems to have paid off as Stephen King, a declared fan of the show, has volunteered to script the entirety of Season 2 of the show. Brothers Matt and Ross Duffer announced the news EXCLUSIVELY to the Studio Exec and had this to say about the collaboration.

Ross spoke first:

King is of course one of our idols so to actually have him approach us was an unbelievable moment. We jumped at the possibility.

Matt added:

Of course we’ll maintain some creative control as show-runners, but who are we to second guess the master? I foresee a great Season 2.

Both brothers however refused to comment on the rumors that Stephen Spielberg was going to guest direct an episode. ‘That would be too much like crossing the beams, if you know what I mean, but hell, if it could happen…’

Stephen King himself has remained coy about the second season, but did let on that it would have something to do with Pennywise knocking over Cujo with Christine while pulling out of the Overlook Hotel parking lot.
    August 2016. i am surprised that it wasnt an april 1st
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...842933248?s=20

"How about Netflix bringing back UNDER THE DOME, only starting from scratch and actually doing the book?"
    Funny coming from him as someone who actually wrote an episode of the series.
    I 100% agree. But then, season 1 was pretty good IMO.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Given that King doesn't have to say 'yes' to anything (there's lots of interest in adapting his works and he doesn't need the money) and that he seems to like when adaptations preserve the spirit of his works, why doesn't he try to get each project into the hands of producers/writers/directors who prioritize faithfulness (no Schwarzenegger as running man, no Jake-centric DT, no "gun fu" (that's a great way to describe that, though), and definitely no psycho-from-the-word-go Jack Torrance)? Why approve DT and UTD, then complain after the fact?
    King doesn't seem to want to do that. From what he's said, he sees the adaptations as separate things that he doesn't necessarily care to be involved with. He usually won't say anything negative about an adaptation until long after its been released. But his attitude seems to be its up to the writers/directors of the thing to do whatever they want with the material.

I think he does get frustrated when a bad adaptation deters people from reading the book - or any of his books. That might be where this is coming from.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"On June 19th, 1999 I got hit by a van while taking a walk. As I lay unconscious in the hospital, the docs debated amputating my right leg and decided it could stay, on a trial basis. I got better. Every day of the 20 years since has been a gift."

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...31819939852288
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thank God a random group of entertainers can do what a former FBI head and his team of experienced investigators and lawyers couldn't do.

Country
    Country Flag

They're discussing what the former FBI head actually wrote in his report.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

King got fooled by the fake news that fox wouldn’t be showing the mueller testimony. A quick google would have shown him that it was false.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    King got fooled by the fake news that fox wouldn’t be showing the mueller testimony. A quick google would have shown him that it was false.
    I bet he wishes now that Fox News wasn't carrying the Mueller testimony. Mueller is coming off like a dementia patient. One thing the dems were right about though. Most Americans haven't read the report. That appears to include Mueller himself who doesn't have a clue. They should be ashamed to put an elderly guy like that on the spot and forever destroy his reputation. It's brutal to watch him try to find the right page and ask for questions to be repeated over and over.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I bet he wishes now that Fox News wasn't carrying the Mueller testimony. Mueller is coming off like a dementia patient. One thing the dems were right about though. Most Americans haven't read the report. That appears to include Mueller himself who doesn't have a clue. They should be ashamed to put an elderly guy like that on the spot and forever destroy his reputation. It's brutal to watch him try to find the right page and ask for questions to be repeated over and over.
    It’s so strange to me that, the guy responsible for the investigation, has zero clue about the contents of the report!

Country
    Country Flag

Not surprising Mueller's demeanor is the takeaway and not how Trump invited Russian interference and repeatedly lied and tried to interfere with the investigation.

What does that have to do with Stephen King anyway? Are we even pretending to be on-topic at this point? He hasn't made any tweets or comments on how Mueller acted so this is kind of random.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Not surprising Mueller's demeanor is the takeaway and not how Trump invited Russian interference and repeatedly lied and tried to interfere with the investigation.

What does that have to do with Stephen King anyway? Are we even pretending to be on-topic at this point? He hasn't made any tweets or comments on how Mueller acted so this is kind of random.
    King tweeted about the false story fox wasn’t going to show the testimony. The rest belongs in the political thread probably.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What does it have to do with King? King spends many of his tweets ranting about politics. Most recently making an arse out of himself by suggesting some type of conspiracy by Fox News to keep Mueller's testimony off the air. Mueller was the guy who was supposedly in charge of a complex legal investigation. He was touted for years as some kind of legal scholar who would get to the bottom of things. People were sent to jail and their lives ruined as the result of that investigation. Now it turns out that he has obvious dementia and barely knew where he was. I feel sorry for the guy that his reputation was destroyed for political purposes but it raises questions about how long he has suffered from dementia and who was actually in charge. If Trump had that glazed, confused look in his eyes, then King and the media would rightly be insisting that they invoke the 25th Amendment. It was a very sad day to see an elderly person who so obviously is in mental decline used for political purposes. They should apologize to his family.

Country
    Country Flag

What does it have to do with King? King spends many of his tweets ranting about politics.
    So you're using that as a segue to rant about politics yourself?

My Collection

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

What does it have to do with King? King spends many of his tweets ranting about politics.
    So you're using that as a segue to rant about politics yourself?
    You were being disingenuous about your question “what does that have to do with Stephen King”. The dude tries to crap on Trump every chance he gets ON TWITTER. It has plenty to do with King and twitter so it should stay here. Not our fault he fell for fake news.

Country
    Country Flag

King talks about politics so therefore it’s relevant to ramble on about conspiracy theories about the Mueller report being compromised by undiagnosed dementia? C’mon.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

King on Twitter: Today’s date is a palindrome. In Mid-World a day of enormous power and magic, both white and black.

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...101617153?s=20

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    King no Twitter: Today’s date is a palindrome. In Mid-World a day of enormous power and magic, both white and black.

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...101617153?s=20
    King told me to my face there is another DT story coming.. I wonder...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast