Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition 2013: Impressions and Criticism

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I'm very excited for the hardcovers to reach people's doorsteps and mailboxes. No one has seen the exterior or interior yet, which is exactly how I wanted it. For the cover, I think it's going to be a love-it or hate-it kind of thing. I love it, but ... we'll see how you guys feel about it.

The interior is amazing. Pat pat pat.
    Looks like mine will be here tomorrow. It left Jacksonville this morning!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

USPS says mine is waiting at home. I have to figure out how to sneak out of work early. I may have eaten something bad for lunch.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's here!!! It's here!! What an excellent production. The cover is cool, but the title should be on there somewhere. However, that is trivial compared to the other wonderous work included. You guys are freaking "published authors"!!!!!! WTF!!!!!

Shannon, the individual photo's and bio's!! Phenomenal!!! The end papers, oh I could go on and on!! Words fail me as to the importance of this edition by one of our own!! And I have yet to read a single story!! I knew him when he was a fledgling King collector and didn't have a TMSG!! LOL

Marvelous job, Shannon!! Absolutely marvelous!!!

I won't post any pics as yet to preserve, Shannon's "surprise", but man, oh man what a really good job!!

Oh, and I simply must give a "shout out" to my "Peeps"

Jeremy
    Bob
    Ariel
    David
    Ryan
    Matt
    Krystle
    Bears
    Jeannine
    Tommy
    Big Ben
    Gabby
    Hannah
    Mike
    TMIDITW
    Ralph!!!!

Well done, guys!!! Congrats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My estimated delivery date: December 21.

Nooooooooo!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine too

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

Nooooooooo!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nooooooooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Mine too

Nooooooooo!

You poor bastards, well he is my "bastard" Son so I guess I rate!! LOL J/K This is just so cool that our, Shannon actually did this!! Maybe I'm sentimental in my old age, I know we have "talked" about it happening, but to actually hold the results in your hand. Well..... Very cool
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you got it, Bill, and thank you for your words.

This was a collaboration between thirty-four people, not including the typesetter Robert Morrish, the cover designer Mick Readman, or the printer Thompson-Shore. All I tried to do was put these wonderful poems, stories, and artwork together in a nice package and my only goal now is to ensure it gets the recognition it deserves.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you got it, Bill, and thank you for your words.

This was a collaboration between thirty-four people, not including the typesetter Robert Morrish, the cover designer Mick Readman, or the printer Thompson-Shore. All I tried to do was put these wonderful poems, stories, and artwork together in a nice package and my only goal now is to ensure it gets the recognition it deserves.
    I realize you had help, but you had the vision!!! You earned every word.

Upon reading, "someone" on TDT.Org requested a "hard cover"? You mean me right? LOL LOL I can be an "Ass" at times, but every once in a while a little "Ass" is good!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't resist, spoilers are applied!!

Spoiler:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I'm "gushing" I just think it is so very cool and he did such a bang up job. My apologies, I will go away and read for a bit.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

awesome!!!!!!!

don't forget to post reviews!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nooooooooo!
    At least you have a date!!!!!!! I'm still waiting on tracking information to be provided!
    My fingers are still crossed that I will get a package from Ambannon Books before Christmas Day!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Truth time: I'm too busy to write a full review. I will say, however, that it is a true honor to be included in such an incredible publication with such truly talented authors and artists. I am absolutely in love with the paperback editions - the cover art, the layout, the illustrations, the everything! My only criticism is the lack of ISBN, which prevents me from cataloging it in my library system. Also, I'm hoping future editions (and IMC:13?) will be available to purchase through more mainstream sellers (like Amazon) to increase the audience.

I cannot wait to receive my hardcover copy! And I promise to post a FULL review as soon as I have a bit more time. Everyone who contributed did an unbelievably amazing job... and Shannon is a GOD!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. That is like cryptonite to library girl.

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    My only criticism is the lack of ISBN, which prevents me from cataloging it in my library system.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Correction, "Kryptonite"
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Correction, "Kryptonite"

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Bill, I tried to give you some rep for that... but I guess I've already loved you too much recently and need to spread it around a bit first. Know that you make me smile, sir!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I tried to give you some rep for that... but I guess I've already loved you too much recently and need to spread it around a bit first. Know that you make me smile, sir!
    As do you, my beautiful lady!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Truth time: I'm too busy to write a full review. I will say, however, that it is a true honor to be included in such an incredible publication with such truly talented authors and artists. I am absolutely in love with the paperback editions - the cover art, the layout, the illustrations, the everything! My only criticism is the lack of ISBN, which prevents me from cataloging it in my library system. Also, I'm hoping future editions (and IMC:13?) will be available to purchase through more mainstream sellers (like Amazon) to increase the audience.

I cannot wait to receive my hardcover copy! And I promise to post a FULL review as soon as I have a bit more time. Everyone who contributed did an unbelievably amazing job... and Shannon is a GOD!
    Meant to reply sooner, but it slipped my mind.

- Lack of ISBN: I wanted to differentiate the true "first printing" of the paperback from future printings, besides just the copyright page. Future printings will have ISBNs. The hardcover, as it is a limited edition sold directly from the website and already 91% sold out (thanks NeedfulKings! lol), isn't necessary.

- Amazon: Amber keeps getting on me about this, and while I understand the mentality that "a book isn't a book unless it's on Amazon," I really don't see the point. I mean, who browses on Amazon? The only way to get seen in the side links and "recommended for you" is to pay for it (think advertising) And besides that, would it be worth it to lose even MORE of the profit through selling on Amazon, compared to the website? Amazon takes a cut, PayPal takes a cut, taxes take a cut.

- Not a God. I'll settle for Demi-God.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon
    Lack of ISBN: I wanted to differentiate the true "first printing" of the paperback from future printings, besides just the copyright page. Future printings will have ISBNs.
    I'm just curious Shannon. Have you actually obtained an ISBN for the book or have you yet to do so? What's the cost? (There's always a cost.)

It doesn't necessarily need to be printed on the book to use it as a cataloging tool.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

- Amazon: Amber keeps getting on me about this, and while I understand the mentality that "a book isn't a book unless it's on Amazon," I really don't see the point. I mean, who browses on Amazon? The only way to get seen in the side links and "recommended for you" is to pay for it (think advertising) And besides that, would it be worth it to lose even MORE of the profit through selling on Amazon, compared to the website? Amazon takes a cut, PayPal takes a cut, taxes take a cut.
    Here, I'll have to disagree. A lot of people browse Amazon. Plus, wouldn't it be easy for a reviewer to have a link to Amazon? Last month I read a glowing review for a book in the Washington Post and the first thing I did was look it up on Amazon and put it in my basket. What does it look like if someone reviews your book and the person reading the review can't even find the book listed?

Also, I have a friend. He wrote a book. A novel. It's pretty good. But he had it self-published or vanity published or whatever. Not "real" published. His book is on Amazon! There's reviews from readers and stuff. I even bought his book. I happened to mention that *I* too had a book (story contribution) coming out. How's it look if his nubby not-real book is on Amazon and our real, publisher and everything book is not?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Any plans to retail this in e-book format Shannon?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

also, how about adding it to Goodreads?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

- Reviewers will have excerpts from their reviews on the ambannonbooks.com website. You read a review and then went searching for it, but if you didn't find it on amazon, you would have eventually found it elsewhere. ambannonbooks.com will have a link included with every review. All this being said, we will be on amazon soon. And Goodreads.

ISBNs are $150 for one or $250 for ten.

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping there will be some copies left in early January! I'm planning to order mine then, Christmas has kind of tapped me out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast