Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Live Music Thread

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Helmet and Prong are playing Detroit on May 19. I'm hoping the local tattoo shop has time for a walk-in. Two birds with one awesome rock n roll stone.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just heard that the Stones are going to tour the UK this month and June (their first since 2006). These guys have been around for 56 years! 56! That is un-freakin-belive-able!

What a career! What a band! Keith, I can't believe you are still alive! Keep on truckin', man!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here are the tour dates...

May 17 - Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland
    May 22 - London Stadium, U.K.
    Jun 05 - Old Trafford, Manchester, U.K.
    Jun 09 - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh, U.K.
    Jun 15 - Principality Stadium, Cardiff, U.K.
    Jun 19 - Twickenham Stadium, U.K.
    Jun 22 - Olympiastadion, Berlin, Germany
    Jun 26 - Orange Velodrome, Marseille, France
    Jun 30 - Mercedes-Benz Arena, Stuttgart, Germany
    Jul 04 - Letnany Airport, Prague, Czech Republic
    Jul 08 - PGE Narodowy Stadium, Warsaw, Poland

And one of my favorite Stones clips. 1981 during their Tattoo You Tour. They just showed up at a Muddy Waters show in Chicago at the Checkerboard Lounge (Buddy Guy's place, long gone now). They sat down at a table in front of the stage, watched the show for a while, then came on stage and played with him. Muddy was one of their idols! So cool! The cast of characters that come and go during the clip is something to see. A great time capsule of the early 80's.

Long live The Stones!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the vid Jim. I have always liked Waters. (But his work with Pink Floyd was quite a career diversion! LOL)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Thanks for the vid Jim. I have always liked Waters. (But his work with Pink Floyd was quite a career diversion! LOL)
    LOL!

Oh yeah, is that so?

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Cordial Jim View Post
    LOL!

Oh yeah, is that so?

Roger Waters here looks like he could be twins with Kylo Ren.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Helmet and Prong are playing Detroit on May 19. I'm hoping the local tattoo shop has time for a walk-in. Two birds with one awesome rock n roll stone.
    Helmet! Now that's a band I haven't listened to in a looooong time.... I hope you have a good time, brother.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Helmet! Now that's a band I haven't listened to in a looooong time.... I hope you have a good time, brother.
    Thanks! They're my all-time favourite. Their post-reunion records are OK at best but they still play a lot of classics live. Page Hamilton is pushing 60 and still brings it live.

Livenation.ca had a $20 ticket promotion. I bought four tickets for Slayer for $80 total. Bands are Napalm Death, Testament, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Slayer. I've paid more than $20 for Napalm Death alone. VERY excited to be able to walk down the street for this.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty amazing considering the lineup! I never saw Napalm Death live, unfortunately... although I came close once when I was fifteen and they were going to play at our tiny local punk/hardcore/metal hangout (this was back in '89 when they were still relatively unknown - I think they'd only released Scum at the time). But their gig was cancelled, unfortunately. I saw a lot of punk and hardcore bands there back in the day... mostly from the UK but Greenday also played there before anyone had heard of them in Europe (probably in 1992). Fun times...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordial Jim View Post
    LOL!

Oh yeah, is that so?

Roger Waters here looks like he could be twins with Kylo Ren.
    \

LMAO! Thanks, man! That made my day!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Thanks! They're my all-time favourite. Their post-reunion records are OK at best but they still play a lot of classics live. Page Hamilton is pushing 60 and still brings it live.

Livenation.ca had a $20 ticket promotion. I bought four tickets for Slayer for $80 total. Bands are Napalm Death, Testament, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Slayer. I've paid more than $20 for Napalm Death alone. VERY excited to be able to walk down the street for this.

I NEED to see that show Pb!! Do you have any spare rooms? a shed? THE BOOT OF YOUR CAR?

I expect video or at least pics!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw Ghost at the Fillmore in Detroit last night and they were fantastic. They bring out a strange crowd which was to be expected but an absolutely awesome show.

Can't wait to see these guys again sometime down the line.
    Wraine of Pints N Quarters Gaming!

Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...g3rAGIp615zLtA

Country
    Country Flag

Opening night on their new tour (May 17th). They still got it! Mick is 74, Keith is 74, Charlie is 76 and Ronnie is 70! Incredible! Mick looks like he could run a marathon! I hope and pray I am that fit at 74! Keith is laboring, but it's a damn miracle he is still alive, let alone playing stadium shows! Ronnie looks way younger than his age, especially considering the amount of alcohol he has consumed in his life. Charlie... what can you say. That guy could play in his 90's and still never miss a beat!

Along the Path of the Beam Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika's Avatar

I'm going to see Cheap Trick this week. I saw Rod Stewart 2 months ago.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Going out of state in a week for a festival.

http://www.locknfestival.com/schedule
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Going out of state in a week for a festival.

http://www.locknfestival.com/schedule
    [delayed response]

Have fun, Brice!

Also...Matisyahu.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love watching electronic music being played live, here's a good example:

This is not as polished a performance as on the album (which is also a live recording) which I posted recently in the Now Playing thread, but still so good and soulful.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrika View Post
    I'm going to see Cheap Trick this week. I saw Rod Stewart 2 months ago.

Such a good line up. I wish I would attend more concerts. I let Dylan and Black Sabbath pass by and it looks like I will miss Ozzy this go round. I nedd to check out such acts before I die or they do.

Any video Jerrrika?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got tickets to see Alexisonfire in July. Can't wait. Hard to believe it's been 6 years since they toured last.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

I highly recommend folks watch the Worakls performance above. It's always great seeing an orchestra paired with a difference music genre, but this was also very enjoyable to watch cause the musicians are getting into it and visibly enjoying themselves. It was great!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast