Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: King Cook Book!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default King Cook Book!!!!

This thread is for posting recipe's of your favorite dishes as they relate to meals in any King novel.

For instance, what's your version of a "Gunslinger Burrito"???? How do you make "Tooter Fish" sandwhich's?

Feel free to include pics of the finished product. We can also expand to TDT.Org members favorite recipe's for all to share

Enjoy!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The interesting thing is that in Russian cuisine we have a dish that's very close to Gunslinger Burrito, it is called голубцы (golubtzy, singular golubetz). It's meat (minced, spiced, and usually mixed with rice) wrapped in a cabbage leaf and then stewed (normally in sour cream). But even closer to the original is the Azerbaijani version, called dolma: they do approximately the same, but wrap it in grape leaves.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had dolmas, very good.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Long pork, anyone?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll let the ladies respond to that one ....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pet peeve. For the "world at large" please note that this is the only proper way to cook "Home Fries". Anyone disputing this method is simply crazy or has not had them before. No arguments will be tolerated here!! LOL

1. Boil 1pd of potatoes (your choice of type)
    2. Skin the cold potatoes
    3. Chop 1 large onion
    4. Place onion, potatoes, 1/2 stick of butter (Amt to your taste) in a large skillet.
    5. Season with salt, pepper and paprika
    6. cook until "crispy"
    7. serve

Some folks like to include green peppers, I don't care for them, but they are acceptable. Best with eggs, bacon and breakfast.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, Merlin, but I can do without the onions. They often tend to overpower the taste of the potatoes. Otherwise, your recipe is great!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Sorry, Merlin, but I can do without the onions. They often tend to overpower the taste of the potatoes. Otherwise, your recipe is great!

John
    LOL Oh, what do you know. You live in Cleveland!!! LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a family-style restaurant in my area that prepares their hash browns just as you describe, but without the onion. I eat there almost every Sunday after church.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a family-style restaurant in my area that prepares their hash browns just as you describe, but without the onion. I eat there almost every Sunday after church.

John
    I was j/k, no offense intended. I'm sure they are great!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

John
    I was j/k, no offense intended. I'm sure they are great!!!
    I know. I was just kind of pulling your chain.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Usually I just drink Graf and cook my own recipes.

Tonight: Linguine with marinara sauce and spicy Italian sausage.

I usually cook from scratch with minimally processed foods. I grow my own organic produce. I use local products when possible. I do shop in the supermarket for some things though.

Tonight's meal's ingredients:

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

2 small or 1 large onion, finely chopped

2 garlic cloves, finely chopped

2 stalks celery, finely chopped

2 carrots, peeled and very finely chopped

64-ounces crushed tomatoes (Canned is fine. Fresh is better. With fresh you should blanch off the skins first.)

1 tbs tomato paste

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 dried bay leaves

Pinch of oregano

Chopped parsley

Grated Parmesan

Italian sausage (from local butcher)

Buitoni fresh linguine

For marinara:(Vegetarian)
    In a large casserole pot, heat the oil to medium-high temp. Add the onions saute until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the celery, carrots, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and bay leaves, and bring to a strong simmer. Reduce heat and continue simmering uncovered/partially covered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 2 hours. Three is better. If you want it in an hour then make sure to cut your veggies very fine. Remove and discard the bay leaves. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper, to taste. Serve over pasta with chopped parsley and parmesan. (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using. It also freezes well.)

For the sausage:
    If you would like to add meat to your sauce then just brown it first in a pan. You can brown hamburger or meatballs and add it to the sauce with the tomatoes to make a meat sauce. You can do what I'm doing tonight and brown some Italian sausage in the pan and add the links to the sauce with the tomatoes. I leave the links whole. (You can cut them if you want) They continue to cook through in the sauce and the fat lends the sauce flavor.

For the pasta:
    I sometimes make my own pasta. It isn't difficult, just time consuming. It also requires a clean area to dry. I'm cheating tonight with a packaged fresh pasta.

I've served this to gunslingers for years and have never been shot.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, that sounds great!!! I'll be trying it out!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

8. Add Ketchup.

Pet peeve. For the "world at large" please note that this is the only proper way to cook "Home Fries". Anyone disputing this method is simply crazy or has not had them before. No arguments will be tolerated here!! LOL

3. Chop 1 large onion
    4. Place onion, potatoes, 1/2 stick of butter (Amt to your taste) in a large skillet.
    6. cook until "crispy"
    7. serve

Some folks like to include green peppers, I don't care for them, but they are acceptable. Best with eggs, bacon and breakfast.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    8. Add Ketchup.

3. Chop 1 large onion
    6. cook until "crispy"
    7. serve

Blasphemy!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    8. Add Ketchup.

3. Chop 1 large onion
    6. cook until "crispy"
    7. serve

Blasphemy!

John
    Absolutely!!! Tim, you're on a "time out" for that suggestion!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not ketchup, hot sauce!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Not ketchup, hot sauce!!!

Oh, my lord!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian? You're on a "time out" as well!!!

To make "Tooter Fish"

1. Open a can of "Tuna Fish".
    2. Strain the can
    3. Pour into a bowl and add "Celery" seasoning, salt, pepper and "dill" seasoning
    4. Mash in a heaping spoon of Mayo
    5. Mix until consistent
    6. Serve on your favorite bread, toasted preferred1!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

To make "Tooter Fish"

1. Open a can of "Tuna Fish.
    2. Strain the can
    3. Pour into a bowl and add "Celery" seasoning, salt, pepper and "dill" seasoning
    5. Mix until consistent
    Spoiler:
    Pooter fish
    being something entirely different.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

To make "Tooter Fish"

1. Open a can of "Tuna Fish.
    2. Strain the can
    5. Mix until consistent
    Spoiler:
    Pooter fish
    being something entirely different.
    Oh, you are so on a "time out"!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread