Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
I watched the first episode today--it's quite good. Review to follow.
Really Bev? I totally thought this was gonna be shit.. I have friends that worked on the show (it was filmed down the road from me) and they said they had no idea what was going on. haha WHat would you rate it out of 10?
I'm not very good with ratings, but if forced to do so, I'd give it an 8, probably. It looks better visually than Haven, I'd say, and the cast is really solid. There's a teenage character who has some really heavy lifting in the first episode and she's very credible -- much more so than the kids in Under the Dome. Frances Conroy is terrific, although we're just getting into her character arc in the first episode. They spend a decent amount of time establishing pre-existing conflicts in town before the mist rolls in, which will create some interesting tensions. They don't have a huge budget, but they're doing some good stuff with what they have -- some gruesome, violent images in ep1. No holds barred on language, either, unlike a network series.

Plus the scenery is fantastic -- Windsor, NS and surroundings never looked so good!

To be honest, I wasn't paying this series much attention. My interest level was low, although I had it queued up to record. But having seen the first episode, I'm intrigued.
Good to hear. Nova Scotia is one beautiful spot. Comparable to Maine but with a slightly different charm... I am more excited for this now Thanks Bev!