Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The Mist miniseries

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Man, that was a tough season of TV to watch. Not UTD-level bad, but not good.

Problems? Let's see; how much time do I have?

When Jay...

Spoiler:
    ...just pops up in the mist to save Alex, that was super cheesy. And when the mist then took him (ooh! a sacrifice! boy, the accusers were wrong about him!), that took the cheese factor to the next level.

The revelation that...

Spoiler:
    Adrian raped Alex and had issues

...could have been interesting had it been part of an otherwise decent season, but it was too little, too late.

Speaking of revelations, when we learned that...

Spoiler:
    ...someone was sending people there to feed it, that could've worked in another context, but here it just feels like a tacked on bit to try to suck us in for season 2, and also - how did the powers that be (whoever sent the train) have time to reach the conclusion that they couldn't fight whatever lived in the mist and then set up the logistics behind a feeding system? Unless Arrowhead was planning this all along, but then they spent none of the available time on exploring that, so screw the viewers, right?

I initially was glad that so many characters

Spoiler:
    ...died near the end, because it cleared the decks of a number of dumb subplots, but then I realized that this was a convenient way to avoid having to resolve those subplots through effective writing and reset for a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    ...the great treasure trove of source material they seem to be completely ignoring.
    ...this is what's so tragic about it.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it may be cheesy to say, but the total lack of "Todash" monsters really didn't work for me. That and the entire "Mist" as a character thing. I believe I am gone, but we shall see. I may give it a couple episodes next season in hope. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Gonna watch the finale tonight. I purposefully avoided this thread because I didn't want to be discouraged from watching the show. Kevin has been the only character that I enjoyed watching. I don't like any of the other actors or story lines. It would be awesome to recut the entire show down to just his story for like a 2 hr movie. So if anyone has that ability and time, get right on that.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad I held on for the conclusion. The series had it's ups and downs, but many shows do. I thought the finale was pretty strong and gratifying. I will gladly spend next summer watching this again.
    Spoiler:
    Hopefully the next season will stick to just Kevin and his crew and not follow some other new group. Although I suppose Jonah will have a story line with Arrowhead that could be interesting.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to bail on the show. It didn't have that "it" factor for me. Never could put my finger on it but this just didn't hold my attention.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Spoiler:
    Hopefully the next season will stick to just Kevin and his crew and not follow some other new group. Although I suppose Jonah will have a story line with Arrowhead that could be interesting.
    I agree that Kevin was the best character, but as for
    Spoiler:
    Jonah/Arrowhead
    , they should have at least begun exploring that in season 1, and the willingness to ignore that tells me they wanted to make a soap opera instead of what I wanted.

If there's a season 2, I will give it a giant middle finger, while hoping my curiosity doesn't make me watch anyway.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Jonah/Arrowhead
    , they should have at least begun exploring that in season 1, and the willingness to ignore that tells me they wanted to make a soap opera instead of what I wanted.

If there's a season 2, I will give it a giant middle finger, while hoping my curiosity doesn't make me watch anyway.

Yeah, I'll give it a look see next year, but not much!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Jonah/Arrowhead

Yeah, I'll give it a look see next year, but not much!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...season-1043805
    It's one and done for Spike TV's The Mist.

The Viacom-owned cable network has canceled the freshman drama based on the Stephen King novella.

Picked up straight to series in April 2016 as part of Spike's push to re-enter the original scripted space, the drama starring Morgan Spector and Frances Conroy launched in late June to solid sampling, drawing 1.2 million viewers to the premiere with live-plus-three-day Nielsen returns. However, the rest of The Mist's run could barely draw 800,000 viewers — even with DVR. Among adults 18-49, the show couldn't even crack cable's top 30 scripted series.

The Mist, produced by The Weinstein Co./Dimension TV, marked Spike's return to scripted after scrapping previous efforts including Red Mars and the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama Harvest, both of which were picked up straight to series.

The decision to cancel The Mist comes as Spike is set to be rebranded as Paramount Network in January as part of a larger plan to reinvigorate corporate parent Viacom.

Spike/Paramount Network president Kevin Kay told The Hollywood Reporter in March that The Mist had the potential to move to Paramount Network with a second season if the first run performed well. Instead, Paramount Network will launch with a mix of high-end scripted including The Weinstein Co.-produced Taylor Sheridan drama Yellowstone and miniseries Waco, as well as TV Land-developed entries American Woman and Heathers.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe that will teach them not to ignore the source material.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Maybe, in 10 or 20 years, someone will see the value in telling us what's going on in Arrowhead...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, so much for that..... I watched 5 episodes and was pretty much done. Next!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What really happened to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Maybe that will teach them not to ignore the source material.
    Maybe, in 10 or 20 years, someone will see the value in telling us what's going on in Arrowhead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Well, so much for that..... I watched 5 episodes and was pretty much done. Next!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A truly awful show. Every character was unlikeable and boring. It is an act of mercy to cancel it. If they had shown this mess to prisoners, they would have a good claim that watching it constituted cruel and unusual punishment.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    A truly awful show. Every character was unlikeable and boring. It is an act of mercy to cancel it. If they had shown this mess to prisoners, they would have a good claim that watching it constituted cruel and unusual punishment.
    I don't remember anyone mentioning Friends...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I don't remember anyone mentioning Friends...
    ahhhh... Friends is a classic!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Yeah, I had a problem with that, too--and then with what the sheriff did after they left, in the sewers.
    I was only half watching the episode as I was starting to give up on the show. When I saw what he did, I thought WTF. I then realized there was only 1 character in the show I mildly cared about, so I stopped the episode right there and then deleted it, and removed it from my list of shows to DVR. I can't think of another instance where I became feed up with a show mid episode.

I kinda thought the writers would want us to sympathize with the girls mother, but I was getting very annoyed by her. The daughter too for that matter.

At least Mr. Mercedes seems to be pretty good so far. (probably 2 episodes behind by now, due to insane work schedule).
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Mist is now on Netflix: http://www.netflix.com/title/80135414

If you dare.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The Mist is now on Netflix: http://www.netflix.com/title/80135414 If you dare.
    Nice waste of server space.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8