Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mist miniseries

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I watched the first episode today--it's quite good. Review to follow.
    Really Bev? I totally thought this was gonna be shit.. I have friends that worked on the show (it was filmed down the road from me) and they said they had no idea what was going on. haha WHat would you rate it out of 10?
    I'm not very good with ratings, but if forced to do so, I'd give it an 8, probably. It looks better visually than Haven, I'd say, and the cast is really solid. There's a teenage character who has some really heavy lifting in the first episode and she's very credible -- much more so than the kids in Under the Dome. Frances Conroy is terrific, although we're just getting into her character arc in the first episode. They spend a decent amount of time establishing pre-existing conflicts in town before the mist rolls in, which will create some interesting tensions. They don't have a huge budget, but they're doing some good stuff with what they have -- some gruesome, violent images in ep1. No holds barred on language, either, unlike a network series.

Plus the scenery is fantastic -- Windsor, NS and surroundings never looked so good!

To be honest, I wasn't paying this series much attention. My interest level was low, although I had it queued up to record. But having seen the first episode, I'm intrigued.
    Good to hear. Nova Scotia is one beautiful spot. Comparable to Maine but with a slightly different charm... I am more excited for this now Thanks Bev!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, good to hear!

Thanks, Bev!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Traveler OldDarth is on a distinguished road

I've seen the pilot as well. Not perfect but definitely intrigues. Bev's score of 8 out of 10 is pretty spot on. Only one moment took me out of the episode.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's my preview of the series based on the first episode: http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/...dead-zone-199/

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much what I expected which wasn't much. Standard summer TV. Reminded me a bit of UTD with a slightly better cast. I give it 5/10.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say it was a bit better than UTD. I took the performance of the daughter for granted and didn't consider until Bev pointed it out how strong it was when you hold it up against the teens in UTD. Heck the acting from everyone here is hands down better than anything in UTD with the exception of Dean Norris.

Still my main issue is that aside from the basic concept (people held up in confined locations with a mist filled with monsters outside) and a few elements (Arrowhead project) this is basically King in title only.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'd say it was a bit better than UTD. I took the performance of the daughter for granted and didn't consider until Bev pointed it out how strong it was when you hold it up against the teens in UTD. Heck the acting from everyone here is hands down better than anything in UTD with the exception of Dean Norris.

Still my main issue is that aside from the basic concept (people held up in confined locations with a mist filled with monsters outside) and a few elements (Arrowhead project) this is basically King in title only.
    Yes, and that's what I was expecting -- different people, different situation, same basic setup. I like the fact that they took the time to establish some strong inter-character conflicts before the external crisis descends. Imagine discovering you're trapped indefinitely [by anything] with the guy who may have assaulted you, for example.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, and that's what I was expecting -- different people, different situation, same basic setup. I like the fact that they took the time to establish some strong inter-character conflicts before the external crisis descends. Imagine discovering you're trapped indefinitely [by anything] with the guy who may have assaulted you, for example.
    I agree the acting is slightly better than UTD but that is not saying a great deal. In terms of plot there was a lot of the typical stereotype elements like the teacher getting grief from the uptight parents for sex education, the football player/rapist etc. Just lazy writing. And anyone want to bet the football player is the not one who assaulted the girl? More likely his buddy who started the fight with the kid at the party. I hope this is a one season project as it might really turn ugly if they try to overextend it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post

I agree the acting is slightly better than UTD but that is not saying a great deal. In terms of plot there was a lot of the typical stereotype elements like the teacher getting grief from the uptight parents for sex education, the football player/rapist etc. Just lazy writing. And anyone want to bet the football player is the not one who assaulted the girl? More likely his buddy who started the fight with the kid at the party. I hope this is a one season project as it might really turn ugly if they try to overextend it.
    So... just not bothering with spoilers for those who haven't seen it? Come on...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler OldDarth is on a distinguished road

I'd give it a 7 - set up episodes lack the cohesion possible in subsequent episodes. A lot of characters to set up plus the mystery of the mist. The pilot tried to cram too much in too short a time. The Mist elements should have been left until the end of the episode or better yet the second one. Overall the show looks good and with the exception of one moment, the special effects look solid too. This is an intriguing take on the novella with multiple locations being used. Loved the effect in The Mist where the edges of the characters blurred almost like they are being absorbed by the mist.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it and will continue watching. The big thing that turns me off, though, is how the showrunner said the plan was for it to run multiple seasons. And we all know how Under the Dome turned out. Not smart to get too greedy too early.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watch the First Three Episodes of “The Mist” Right Now!!

>>> http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...ist-right-now/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Just watched it and I liked it. Looking forward to the next episode. Much better than UTD in any ways, and, in my opinion (many will disagree), better than Haven. But the original wonderful, perfect movie version it's clearly not.

Country
    Country Flag

So I got the chance to see the 1st episode. Pretty cool seeing my home town and surrounding areas. My thoughts on the actual show? I will keep going. UTD was brutal and I suffered through a half dozen episodes. I was not suffering through this. I liked it... didn't love it but it could keep getting better and better. We shall see. I would go 7/10 for now. I have two more to watch tonight. I have spoken to some from the team on required print work should a season two get the order... and they are all thinking that will be a reality.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of nice ads for The Mist by Amazon Echo:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/adlp/themist

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So far, I am digging it. Unfortunately, when they posted the first 3 episodes I succumbed. lol Can't wait for more!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's pretty terrible. I will probably stop watching it. It is so far off the basics outlined in the short story it's ridiculous. And not in a good way.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I think it's pretty terrible. I will probably stop watching it. It is so far off the basics outlined in the short story it's ridiculous. And not in a good way.

Of course, you are more than entitled to your opinion. However, FWIW I believe the idea was to expand beyond the short story and explore. I think that's kinda cool, but JMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin, I totally agree. King laid down the concept and the series is expanding on it. As long as the acting stays as good as it is I'm staying with it. Personally I easily disassociate ALL movies from the books/stories they evolved from.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sticking with this for a bit. For this I like that the story is being expanded on however I am having some issue with the script and the somewhat confusing aspects of the Mist. It seems they are taking a departure from the original premise. The acting has been fairly solid to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Of course, you are more than entitled to your opinion. However, FWIW I believe the idea was to expand beyond the short story and explore. I think that's kinda cool, but JMHO.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I am sticking with this for a bit. For this I like that the story is being expanded on however I am having some issue with the script and the somewhat confusing aspects of the Mist. It seems they are taking a departure from the original premise. The acting has been fairly solid to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Yeah, they seem (so far) to be attributing a more diverse set of powers in the mist than just the "Thinny/door" to Mid world aspect of the original story. Just to get it off my chest. It really annoys me that they attribute the basis to a "Novel by Stephen King" when we all know it's a short story/novella. Not that important, I suppose but it kinda sticks in my craw!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is my main beef. The mist is not just carrying monsters but it somehow makes people go crazy. And the bugs going in and giving that guy wings is way out in left field and honestly not even cool in a horror sense. I will give it some time but the pace is slow the acting and directing is second tier and it's way off the source material in a bad way.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Better than UTD, sure, but I don't think the acting has been all that great; Eve, Alex and Gus stand out as weak links.

Also, I didn't find it all believable that

Spoiler:
    ...everyone at the mall immediately agreed to a lottery to choose someone to investigate the administrative wing - they had only been there a few hours, no hunger or true panic yet, and they're ready to be told to court death that way? Not buying it at all.

Also not buying that Eve accepts being chosen; she's there with her daughter and is ok with leaving her (possibly forever), especially after the recent assault? No way.

I also couldn't buy the idea that Eve would flee, and then kill, the Arrowhead soldier who accompanied her to the admin wing. Rattled by his gun and immediate purposeful communication over the comm equipment? Absolutely. Ready to run from him and possibly into the arms of a spectacularly messy and unpleasant death? Hell no. At that point, a secret agenda-driven, armed, in-the-know soldier (human, I might add) is someone you very much want on your side.

In fiction, we all have our thresholds where believability fades. I don't think mine are all that illogical, but then that's me.

Having said all that, I'm still sticking with it for now.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Episode 4 certainly ended anticlimactically.

This interpretation of the mist is pretty lame, but I'm watching it because it's not the usual crap that's on TV. It's like how I watch Fear the Walking Dead, not because it's good, but because there's zombies in it, so what the hell.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast