Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mist miniseries

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I also loved the ending of the movie, it is very provocative and disturbing. The whole movie is disturbing and the ending wraps it all up. Great movie.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/16...s-stephen-king
    The Mist is gathering again, this time on the small screen.

A new television series based on Stephen King’s 1980 horror novella and Frank Darabont’s 2007 film adaptation is in in the works, Dimension TV has announced.

The project, which has King’s blessing, is being written by Christian Torpe, creator of the Danish TV series Rita. Taking cues from King’s book and Darabont’s movie, the series is to tell an original story about a seemingly innocuous mist that seeps into a small town and plunges it into chaos, stirring up psychological frights and otherworldly creatures.

“The terror and drama in Stephen King’s novella are so vast that we felt serialized television is the best place to explore them in greater depth,” said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of the Weinstein Company and Dimension Films, in the announcement. “With this show, Christian has created a fascinating band of characters and a story with infinite scares.”

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw this thread for first time today.

First want to say count me among those that loved the ending.

I am not sure if this is going to make a good series. If they do it, I think it would be best to keep it a 10-13 episode 1 year series. I think any longer, and it will feel like they are just dragging things out. (learn from the mistakes made by Under the Dome)

Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the movie and the ending. I'm not so sure about a television show...If it happens I hope it is done in an arc that is clear and not painstakingly drug out like UTD. Is there any channel associated with this project?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Done right, this could be interesting. In the novella/movie, we see one group of people, but there are a lot of other stories that could be told around that area. Other survivors, other victims.

No network has been announced yet. The project is still "in development," an expression that is sometimes followed by the word "hell."

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the movie ending and I loved that it was filled with despair and lack of hope and that he had to live with the consequences for what he did. Love it.

Not sure how you make a whole series out of that story though. If it turns out like the Dome series it won't be good.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    I loved the movie ending and I loved that it was filled with despair and lack of hope and that he had to live with the consequences for what he did. Love it.

I am so proud! *sniff sniff* They grow up so fast!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25...mist-tv-series
    Stephen King’s sci-fi thriller The Mist is getting closer to becoming a TV series.

Spike TV has ordered a pilot based on the horror author’s tale of a group of Maine residents trapped in a grocery store after a mysterious mist full of nasty creatures blankets the town. The 1980 story was previously made into a 2007 film by Frank Darabont and starring Thomas Jane.

Spike executive Sharon Levy pledged The Mist would be a “compelling series unlike anything else on television.” Writer-producer Christian Torpe (Denmark’s Rita) will serve as executive producer. The Mist will be the first pilot order for a Spike scripted dramatic series since the networked shifted its formerly male-focused brand towards general entertainment.

One challenge for the production would be figuring out how to take King’s trapped-group concept and expand it into an ongoing series. The order comes a couple weeks after Hulu launched its own King tale, the time-travel thriller 11.22.63. Now if only somebody would order a new version of The Stand …

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Nearly a decade ago, Frank Darabont directed a widely acclaimed adaptation of Stephen King‘s The Mist."

Oh man, already?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    "Nearly a decade ago, Frank Darabont directed a widely acclaimed adaptation of Stephen King‘s The Mist."

Oh man, already?
    It's a little scary how quickly time move on, isn't it?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Spike TV has greenlit “The Mist,” ordering 10 hourlong episodes of the series based on Stephen King’s classic horror novella, Variety has learned.

The series goes into production this summer, and is slated for a 2017 debut.\

>>> Source

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Spike TV has greenlit “The Mist,” ordering 10 hourlong episodes of the series based on Stephen King’s classic horror novella, Variety has learned.

The series goes into production this summer, and is slated for a 2017 debut.\

>>> Source
    I wish Netflix got this... I wish Netflix got a lot of things... lol they are SO GOOD!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novasco...ed-for-bedford
    The old Target store in Bedford will be the summer shooting location for a multi-million-dollar television series inspired by Stephen King’s book The Mist.

Last April, Spike TV announced that production for the original scripted series was beginning this summer and slated to air in 2017.

Two sources close to the production said Wednesday that filming is expected to begin next week in the empty Target store in Bedford.

The Bedford Place Mall building will reportedly be used as studio space for the harrowing series.

The Target store has been shuttered since April 2015, when the American retailer closed down all of their 133 Canadian locations after failing to crack the Canadian market.

On Wednesday, there were no obvious signs of TV production but a RONA employee said their store and other surrounding businesses received a notice last week about the filming of a television series.

The employee said the notice indicated production will begin in July and be filmed over a six-month period. A portion of the back parking lot of the mall will be used to park production trailers.

The notice did not disclose the name of the series or the production company. David Schwarz, senior vice-president of communications for Spike TV, said in an emailed statement on Wednesday that production details cannot be confirmed at this time.

The Weinstein Company’s Dimension Television will produce 10 one-hour episodes for the series. Based on Stephen King’s 1984 novella, the plot centres on a mysterious mist that seeps into a small town and wreaks havoc with all those it touches.

Weinstein Company and executive producer Christian Torpe are both familiar with Stephen King, having produced his films in the past, including the 2007 film adaptation of The Mist.
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/fran...s-the-mist-733
    Spike's series adaptation of Stephen King's THE MIST is starting to become populated, and Frances Conroy is the first to declare residency.

The SIX FEET UNDER and AMERICAN HORROR STORY actress is coming aboard to play a modern-day ecological martyr name Nathalie. She has a deeper connection to nature than to her fellow man, but she apparently has pretty good instincts about humanity's behavior when it comes to their response to the encroaching mist.

THE MIST, which will mark Spike's first scripted dramatic series in nine years, is set to head into production over the summer - so keep an eye out for more rapid fire casting - as a 2017 release is still the plan for the cable network.

Country
    Country Flag

http://deadline.com/2016/07/alyssa-s...ke-1201785704/
    Vikings star Alyssa Sutherland has joined the of Spike’s straight-to-series drama The Mist, based on the Stephen King novella. Production begins this summer for premiere in 2017.

The Mist, from TWC-Dimension Television, tells the story of a foreboding mist that arrives in one small town ushering in a terrifying new reality for its residents, putting their humanity to the test. What will people do to survive when blinded by fear?

Sutherland will play Eve Cunningham, a wife and mother who fights to protect her teenage daughter from unknown dangers lurking both inside and outside the mist while facing down her past. She joins previously announced Frances Conroy, who plays Nathalie, a modern day ecological martyr.

Sutherland currently stars on History’s popular historical drama series, Vikings, as Queen Aslaug. She previously appeared in several indie films including The Fortune Theory, Don’t Look Up, and Day On Fire with Olympia Dukakis, which screened at the Toronto and Berlin Film Festivals. On the small screen, she has appeared on NBC’s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Fox’s New Amsterdam. She is repped by UTA and Untitled.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the ending for the film. The story has a great ending but it's not impactful enough for a movie. As I was watching the film's ending I assume David kills the 4 in his truck then is left without a bullet for himself. I was wondering why he didn't try to kill two with one bullet. Maybe hold Billy up in front of your face and put the gun in his mouth, hoping it goes through your skull as well. For the same ending as the film you could've had the bullet ricochet and just miss, leaving you alone.

I don't like the sound of where this TV show is headed.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

It will likely be something like Haven, not really an adaptation but its own thing, using King's story as inspiration. I don't think this show is necessary since the movie version is so great! There are many other novels and stories they could have picked instead

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I imagine, like many shows, they will show the back story of characters to draw out the series. But if they stick with the original story, I'll be happy with it. Just think, we could have ended up with The Mist II and gotten a crappy remake/sequel. Who would prefer that?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched The Mist last night. I cared about some of the characters. I got pissed off at some. I cheered them on. It was very good.

I'd recently re-read the story and so noticed a few changes. Despite those changes the movie is a faithful adaptation.

As for the ending...

Spoiler:
    They certainly needed a more dramatic ending for the movie. What they did worked.

I thought they made the decision to use the gun rather quickly. They then acted on it quickly. IRL I think they would have sat there and talked for a few hours. They probably would have waited until night to actually use the gun.

I like the idea that this is a different group. I don't think I could handle any more Mrs. Carmody. Although I suppose there will be a similarly disturbed person in the series.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I liked The Mist (story and movie) and look forward to this miniseries. The main reason I like when adaptations take the form of a miniseries is because the work then has room to spread out, rather than be the usual 90-minute summary of a novel that a conventional movie gives us.

My problem is that miniseries producers often seem to think that this extra room is a green light not to more effectively render the existing story but to pad the meatballs with bread crumbs and flour, so to speak, which is not what I want at all - and so I worry about things like this:

...while facing down her past...
    If this means we get to know the character to better understand dynamics in play as the mist rolls in, fine - but if it means lengthy flashbacks intended to get us thinking "I hope those two can reconcile" rather than "damn, what's inside that mist?," then they have effed up.

And then:

...Nathalie, a modern day ecological martyr...
    We all know that The Mist has a how far can you push science/nature angle, but the difference between what the military did in The Mist and something like, say, fracking, is significant enough that if they intend to use this character (the "ecological martyr") to drive this metaphor and message home, it really will be overkill as well as buzzkill.

But...
    1) I'm aware that I'm very much extrapolating from a single piece of information, and
    2) These are just my opinions, based on what I do and don't like to see in a movie - not intended to be global; I understand that there are no ultimate shoulds and should nots in adaptations (I think there should be, but there you go).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guys N Gals... I have seen first hand some things that I am unable to say BUT can confirm.. this is will NOT follow in the vein of Under the Dome. I am very excited about this
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see some of what goes on at the Arrowhead project before things go wrong.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I'd like to see some of what goes on at the Arrowhead project before things go wrong.
    That is certainly a tangential story-line they could expand upon.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good God this looks awful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast