Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Blake's Comic Book Ramblings

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed. And then there's THIS week's show...

http://twoinone.libsyn.com/ (iTunes | RSS | MySpace)
    Episode Twenty-Five: The Transformers
    by Chase Bouzigard and Blake Petit
    This week's Showcase is -- say it with us, folks -- more than meets the eye! Delving into the depths of their childhood, Blake and Chase celebrate the new Transformers movie by talking about their all-time favorite Transformers comics, just why it was that some kids preferred G.I. Joe to the Robots in Disguise, how much they love the classic movie, and just what it is they expect from Michael Bay's film. Then they get offbeat with this week's picks, Black Summer and Gutsville. And as always, don't forget to continue the conversation at Comixtreme.com and the Myspace Page and give us your reviews!
    Episode Twenty-Five: The Transformers
    (left-click to listen, right-click to download)
    Episode Twenty-Five: 2 in 1 Checklist

Like the show? Review the show! 2 in 1 Showcase wants your reviews at iTunes, Podcast Alley, and Podcast Pickle. The guys promise they won't bite.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I use to be a huge collector. got out of it for awhile until The Gunslinger Born came out. Now I'm trying to find another series I like.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Country
    Country Flag

Here's one of those EBI columns you may find interesting even if you don't usually read comics. In honor of our nation's birthday, I'm turning EBI over this week to a celebration of some of my all-time favorite patriotic comic book covers. Happy Independence Day, everyone!
    Everything But Imaginary #222: Comic Covers From Sea to Shining Sea

Country
    Country Flag

Episode Twenty-Six: Women in Comics
    by Blake Petit and Chase Bouzigard
    Challenged by a listener, this week Blake and Chase attempt to tackle one of the most complicated issues ever -- women in comics. How have female characters evolved? Are female creators becoming more prominent? And is it true that a male writer can't write a convincing female character? Once the guys get deep, they have some brain candy for this week's picks -- World War Hulk: X-Men and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eight.
    Episode Twenty-Six: Women in Comics
    Episode Twenty-Six: 2 in 1 Checklist

Like the show? Review the show! 2 in 1 Showcase wants your reviews at iTunes, Podcast Alley, and Podcast Pickle. The guys promise they won't bite.

Country
    Country Flag

So, gang, we're going to have a feedback-based episode of 2 in 1 Showcase very soon, and I'd like a little help. We would like your questions to answer on the show. They can be about previous episodes -- "So, how did you guys wind up liking that movie?" They can be about comics we haven't discussed -- "Do you read Awesome Man? Do you LIKE Awesome Man?" They can be about us or the show. "How do you record the podcast? And how did you get to be so awesome?" They can be about comics, movies, TV or any other aspect about pop culture! The only limit is that we have to get your questions by FRIDAY. So e-mail them to showcase@comixtreme.com, PM them to me, or even ask 'em here in the thread. Just get those questions flowing!

Country
    Country Flag

Comic books on the internet are nothng new, but for the first time one of the big boys are getting into the game. Will DC's Zuda Comics be the next big thing, or another "Epic"-sized disaster?

Everything But Imaginary #223: Will Zuda Comics Be Zomething Different

Country
    Country Flag

Episode Twenty-Seven: Free For All Frenzy II
    Chase is sitting out this week, so Blake and guest host Mark Blicharz spend this week's show talking about some of the big events hitting comics right now -- The Sinestro Corps War, World War Hulk, Annihilaton: Conquest, Countdown and more. The guys mention some surprise hits at their respective comic shops, Mark shares a little insider gossip, and they dish out picks including Madame Mirage and JSA Presents Stars and STRIPE. Next week: Teen Titans!
    Episode Twenty-Seven: Free For All Frenzy II
    Episode Twenty-Seven: 2 in 1 Checklist

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Do you know, are the Civil War Chronicles (Marvel) the reprints of the different comic series it's taking place in?

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the Civil War Chronicles reprints the main CW series, Civil War Frontline and a few select crossovers in chronological order.

Country
    Country Flag

This week, guys, I'm forgoing the usual comic book chatter, because I'm still wrapping my head around Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. If you've read the book, if you want to know what I thought of it, then this week's column is for you. But be warned: Here there be spoilers.

Everything But Imaginary #225: EBI in the Land of Potter

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeMP View Post
    Yeah, the Civil War Chronicles reprints the main CW series, Civil War Frontline and a few select crossovers in chronological order.
    cool. I have issue #1. think I'll collect that then.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This week, guys, I'm forgoing the usual comic book chatter, because I'm still wrapping my head around Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. If you've read the book, if you want to know what I thought of it, then this week's column is for you. But be warned: Here there be spoilers.

That's gotta be Conan in your graphic this time huh Blake?

**loves some old Savage Sword**
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A good review. It mirrors my thoughts almost exactly!

John

My Mood
    Amused

[QUOTE=Matt;23920]

That's gotta be Conan in your graphic this time huh Blake?

**loves some old Savage Sword**

Loved the old Conan comics and magazine! Did Boris V. do the artwork for the old stuff?

Country
    Country Flag

That was, in fact, a Conan graphic in last week's logo. I couldn't see myself making a Harry Potter logo, since it'd probably never get used again.

After a lackluster summer for comic book movies, some nervous nellies are ready to proclaim the genre's death. A quick glance ahead shows there's still plenty of life left in Hollywood for comic properties.
    Everything but Imaginary #226: Comics Coming to a Theater Near You

Country
    Country Flag

Episode Twenty-Eight: Teen Titans
    After an unplanned absence from the net (and your hearts), Blake and Chase are back with the new and improved 2 in 1 Showcase, now featuring even more interaction! This week, the guys talk about the long legacy of the Teen Titans, discuss how the book has become the core of the DC Universe, tell their favorite stories, and then share some of the best Titans stories as selected by the listeners. And the picks section is back too! This week: The Weapon and Army@Love. Want to have your picks included in the show? E-mail your choices for future topics, including the Avengers, Adventure Strip Heroes (like Flash Gordon and The Phantom) and Supergirl to showcase@comiXtreme.com.

Episode Twenty-Eight: Teen Titans
    Episode Twenty-Eight: 2 in 1 Checklist

Country
    Country Flag

Why are there two Captain Marvels? Who owns the rights to the Valiant Universe? Why did Marvel Comics change "Champions" to "The Order"? Why can Alex Ross bring back a golden age hero called "Daredevil"? What's the difference between trademark and copyright, anyway? The answer is here.
    Everything But Imaginary #227: Who Owns This Superhero?

Country
    Country Flag

Episode Twenty-Nine: Neil Gaiman and Stardust

There's one last comic book movie closing out the summer, friends, and so this week Chase and Blake turn their focus on Stardust writer Neil Gaiman. Listen as the guys discuss their favorite Gaiman stories, both in comics and prose, as Chase continues to confuse "the Dream King" with Gaiman himself, and as Blake explains what's really good about his work once you get past the pretentious goths who have attempted to co-opt it as their own. For this week's picks, Blake brings us Doug TenNapel's Black Cherry, and Chase cheats and slips in two -- Tek Jansen and Star Trek: Year Four. Be sure to come back later this weekend for Blake's special Stardust mini-review, and you can join in on the show by e-mailing showcase@comiXtreme.com with your favorite Avengers, Adventure Strip heroes, and Supergirl stories for use in future episodes!

Episode Twenty-Nine: Neil Gaiman and Stardust
    Episode Twenty-Nine: 2 in 1 Checklist

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, guys. I'd meant to post this yesterday, but the death of Mike Wieringo rather took precedence. Comics have lost a true giant, and this week's EBI will be a salute to him.

But now for today -- as promised in last weekend's 2 in 1 Showcase episode on Neil Gaiman, I've come back with a review of the film based on his novel Stardust. Actually, I've come out with two reviews for ya.

First, if you want to use your good ol' trusty eyes to read the review, you can click here: Comixtreme.com Review of Stardust.

Or, if you've got about three and a half minutes to spare, you can listen to the 2 in 1 Showcase Mini-Podcast Review of Stardust.

Actually, I'd really like it if you guys could listen to the mini-review. I tried a little something different with the audio and I'd like your opinions as to how it sounds.

Country
    Country Flag

This week, one of the finest artists in comics passed away at far too early an age. So for this week's Everything But Imaginary, I wanted to take a few minutes to discuss -- and demonstrate -- everything I loved about the art of Mike Wieringo.
    Everything But Imaginary #228: The Astonishing Run of Mike Wieringo

Country
    Country Flag

Just so's you guys know, we're recording new episodes of 2 in 1 Showcase tomorrow! Here's your last chance to e-mail us at Showcase@comixtreme.com with your favorite Avengers, Adventure Strip Heroes or SUPERGIRL stories -- or any comments about those characters or the show at all!

Country
    Country Flag

Episode Thirty: The Avengers
    Before launching this week's episode, the guys take a few minutes to pay tribute to the late Mike Wieringo. Then it's time to tackle the best of Marvel's premiere heroes, the Mighty Avengers! The guys dish on their all-time favorite Avengers stories, share some of your choices and talk about the current state of the three (or is it five?) Avengers titles. In the picks section, Blake sings the praises of Hack/Slash, while Chase bids a fond farewell to Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. And it'll be time to record again before you know it, folks, so e-mail showcase@comiXtreme.com with your favorite cult comics, team-up stories and Thor adventures!
    Episode Thirty: The Avengers
    Episode Thirty: 2 in 1 Checklist

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Blake! Have you ever read any Doom Patrol? Not the most recent run but the Paul Kupperberg/Rachel Pollack/Grant Morrison run of the 90's. I know it stemmed from DC's "My Greatest Adventure" but I've never actually got hold of any of those to read them. Anyhow, I do have the entire run I mentioned above, and would love to hear what you think.

Country
    Country Flag

I've read a few of those, but not many, I'm afraid. I hadn't branched out into Vertigo comics too much at the period those were being produced, and I haven't gotten around to hunting for 'em since then.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It did take me a long time to get the whole collection together. I got into it initially because Jamie Hewlett illustrated a couple of issues during the Morrison run, and I was really into Tank Girl at the time.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast