Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Stroppy Goblin

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I've never seen the covers for the Bachman books before.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's Christmas time....

Been after this at a reasonable price for a while now, finally scored it a few weeks ago. It's companion volume is still stuck in New jersey with my other books waiting shipment back
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Goblin-Guy!!!

Spoiler:
    Now, want it remarqued? PM me I can make it happen.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You have one of the best book collections in the entire universe! And I'm not just saying that because you sent me a book. Oh, all right, I am saying that because you sent me a book, but don't tell anybody!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You have one of the best book collections in the entire universe! And I'm not just saying that because you sent me a book. Oh, all right, I am saying that because you sent me a book, but don't tell anybody!
    LOL! my collection IS Awesome! it's awesome to me 'cos it's mine
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. I remember being very pleased when I got mine.

I still don't have volume 1. It's on my list.

It's a long list. 8)

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    LOL! my collection IS Awesome! it's awesome to me 'cos it's mine
    100% absolutely concur with your sentiment SG - well stated (and the SoD V 1 is damn cool too, by the way)
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

NOT Happy. SoD will not fit in my bookcase. it is approx 4mm too tall to fit on a shelf.

fuck.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice addition!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Postman strikes again. PS emailed earlier saying that a lucky few in the UK would get this before christmas! Looks like i'm in the lucky group!

Edit: only 1 complaint. This is 383, My copy of Christine was 394. I understood I would receive the same number for all future editions - will need to check with PS

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

NOT Happy. SoD will not fit in my bookcase. it is approx 4mm too tall to fit on a shelf.

fuck.
    I have mine laying down. I am building a new bookcase that will accommodate it though.

That should hold me until I buy Knowing Darkness. 8)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

fuck.
    I have mine laying down. I am building a new bookcase that will accommodate it though.

That should hold me until I buy Knowing Darkness. 8)
    I've got that coming as well

Gunslinger Apprentice Groomp will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

that's a gorgeous collection you have there! keep it up!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Pet Sematary looks brilliant (I have one on order, however; until now, I wasn't all that impressed with the production - your post has swayed my way of thinking)
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love what PS did with Pet Sematary!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are going to have Carrie out for a 40th anniversary edition and it is suppose to be really nice.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    They are going to have Carrie out for a 40th anniversary edition and it is suppose to be really nice.
    I've seen (and own) some of Glenn Chadbourne's original art for this production, and it is pretty darn cool
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    The Pet Sematary looks brilliant (I have one on order, however; until now, I wasn't all that impressed with the production - your post has swayed my way of thinking)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    I love what PS did with Pet Sematary!
    Having now had time to look at the book at my leisure, I have to confess I'm not as impressed with it as I was Christine. The Cover and slipcase are great, I really like the clean look of the case with just the picture and no text. I have seen other peoples comments re the fonts used on the cover, but I quite like it. Art work on the inside cover and end papers is very good, but that's where it ends. There are NO additional illustrations within the story itself and for me the quality of the paper appears a little lower than what was used for Christine.
    Added to the fact they sent me a different number - I'm less than enamoured with this one. Hopefully Carrie will be an improvement.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

If I accidentally get your wanted number I'll sell it to you for a very reasonable price, no more than say, ten times what it's actually worth.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If I accidentally get your wanted number I'll sell it to you for a very reasonable price, no more than say, ten times what it's actually worth.
    I think this whole "doing someone a favour" may have got lost in translation....

In all seriousness though - Is this everyone else's understanding when ordering Pet Sematary, that you would get the same number that you got for Christine? (and future books) I definitely remember seeing this somewhere but cant track down the email...

I have emailed PS, but so far no response

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Pet Sematary looks NICE, CONGRATS !!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So, PS got back to me on the same number issue. It appears that you needed to inform them after purchase of Christine that you would like the same number going forward. This obviously wasn't that well publicised as only 20 out of the 750 sold took them up on it!

PS have really pulled out the stops for me on this though and although Christine was sold out, they still had #14 in the Office unsold along with the matching #14 of Pet Sematary. They have asked me to send back my mismatched copies and will replace them with the #14 ones. I will also get #14 for all other books going forward!

If you missed out on getting a copy of Christine or Pet Sematary, PS will have one copy of each available w hen mine arrive back!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, PS got back to me on the same number issue. It appears that you needed to inform them after purchase of Christine that you would like the same number going forward. This obviously wasn't that well publicised as only 20 out of the 750 sold took them up on it!

PS have really pulled out the stops for me on this though and although Christine was sold out, they still had #14 in the Office unsold along with the matching #14 of Pet Sematary. They have asked me to send back my mismatched copies and will replace them with the #14 ones. I will also get #14 for all other books going forward!

If you missed out on getting a copy of Christine or Pet Sematary, PS will have one copy of each available w hen mine arrive back!
    Good deal, Goblin-person!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered thru Cemetery Dance and I requested matching numbers... they said they would try. I'm hoping PS sends them the same numbers for each title.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fingers crossed, I have slightly better than 1/750 chance of a matching number. Slightly less since I know 14 is taken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast