Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Stroppy Goblin

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions. Your copy of Rage looks to be in excellent shape.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yet another copy of RAGE. There must a lot of them out there.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Nice additions. Your copy of Rage looks to be in excellent shape.
    Thanks - very pleased with this one, hope I can get the others in similar condition.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Yet another copy of RAGE. There must a lot of them out there.
    75,000 were published, although survival rate for a paperback will be much lower. On on ebay right now: (not as nice as mine!)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Nice additions Stroppy - I take it you're going to send the G/E Doctor Sleep off to Vincent for remarquing independent of the CD offering (well thought out if so, as you'll definitely get a bit more variation than the three takes done for the CD insert pieces)
    Yes that's the plan, although I can't claim to have been clever about this (I wasn't originally aware of the CD remarques). Vincent has put me on his waiting list - It's nice to have an artist in the UK for a change, certainly reduces the postage cost in sending and receiving the books... (I also have an idea of which scene I'd like him to draw and it definitely wont be like any of the others!)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Nice additions Stroppy - I take it you're going to send the G/E Doctor Sleep off to Vincent for remarquing independent of the CD offering (well thought out if so, as you'll definitely get a bit more variation than the three takes done for the CD insert pieces)
    Yes that's the plan, although I can't claim to have been clever about this (I wasn't originally aware of the CD remarques). Vincent has put me on his waiting list - It's nice to have an artist in the UK for a change, certainly reduces the postage cost in sending and receiving the books... (I also have an idea of which scene I'd like him to draw and it definitely wont be like any of the others!)
    That is the really cool thing about being able to contact the artist, direct. You get to call the piece in most cases!!! Good for you, Goblin!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

TMSG - pah! TMLP is where its at

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

TMSG - pah! TMLP is where its at

With all due respect, just who are you to be calling "the next cool thing" without checking with my "bastard son", Shannon? You guys from across the pond..... Seriously, Alan-G? Put a leash on this puppy or, we'll have to feed him to the pigs!!! LOL LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the antiquity of the piece Stroppy (no, Wild Bill, not you .. the LP)

As to being "the next cool thing" well, not sure on that score - the jury's still out
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

With all due respect, just who are you to be calling "the next cool thing" without checking with my "bastard son", Shannon? You guys from across the pond..... Seriously, Alan-G? Put a leash on this puppy or, we'll have to feed him to the pigs!!! LOL LOL LOL
    I cry your pardon, I have forgotten the face of Shannons father....

(hey It wasn't me that made the old man joke this time! )

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I cry your pardon, I have forgotten the face of Shannons father....

(hey It wasn't me that made the old man joke this time! )
    Oh, you are sooo going to the pigs!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

new arrivals !! been waiting on these to arrive for a while.

Bachman PB 1st editions/1st Printings, first up is one of my all time favourite stories - The Long Walk...

It's taken some knocks to the middle side, but not too bad. Pages are clean (usual yellowing) but pretty tight.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Next is The Running Man. This one is in great shape apart from a crease in the top left and a small dent below it. Pages are barely yellowed. There is a crease in the spine (looks like a manufacturing defect) but nothing else, this book has never been read or opened!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

and finally... Roadwork. This is the UK 1st/1st but it is MINT I cannot believe this book is over 30 years old. Minor shelf wear on the top and bottom, *minor* staining on the spine (though I think this may clean off, pictures are straight out of the shipping box) but everything else is just perfect. no creases, marks, very white pages and again never been read. I *really* wish this had been a US 1st in this condition!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't collect UK 1sts and bought the 3 as a set. Roadwork is therefore up for grabs. I'd like to trade for a nice US Roadwork 1st/1st but open to offers on trades or purchase - PM me.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great scores on the Bachman's Simon (too bad you don't collect the UK editions, the Roadwork's cherry!!!)
    We all float down here!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice Bachman books!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

and finally... Roadwork. This is the UK 1st/1st but it is MINT I cannot believe this book is over 30 years old. Minor shelf wear on the top and bottom, *minor* staining on the spine (though I think this may clean off, pictures are straight out of the shipping box) but everything else is just perfect. no creases, marks, very white pages and again never been read. I *really* wish this had been a US 1st in this condition!
    Roadwork. Stephen King. U.S. V.G.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Roadwork. Stephen King. U.S. V.G.

Thanks RF. Seen this one it's a second printing though

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE Bachman books !!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    NICE Bachman books !!!
    Thanks. The price was pretty nice too. Originally they were starting price of $240 and no one bit. I offered him $200 after the auction finished and then retracted when I realised that roadwork was UK not US.
    He re-listed at start of $99 and only had 1 bid - mine!. Now I have seen it in person, that roadwork is worth $99 alone!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Goblin-Dude!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions and sweet collection!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And the paperbacks keep rolling in....

A very nice man just knocked on my door and handed me a little package. Turns out a seller I just bought from lives literally around the corner from me. Cheapest postage on a King book for a LONG time!
    Anyway, Colorado Kid 1st/1st (as defined by the 50599 number above the barcode) in absolutely mint unread condition!

Country
    Country Flag

Cherry !!!
    We all float down here!

A very nice cover, but not one of my favorite King books to read, just to collect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast