Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Stroppy Goblin

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They're pretty cool alright, best of luck with selling them mate (totally understand your change of direction with the 1st/1st's)
    We all float down here!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some wonderful books there, Stroppy. Thanks for sharing.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stroppy..
    1st real chance to peruse your collection, very nice !!
    Thank you for sharing your collection with the DT.org

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet collection. Could you provide a better picture of those providence letters with the seals on them? They see quite unique in an of themselves.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Sweet collection. Could you provide a better picture of those providence letters with the seals on them? They see quite unique in an of themselves.
    I believe those are from the limited Overlook Connection/Chadbourne remarque collection. You can get a better look on the Overlook site if that helps.

http://www.overlookconnection.com/ca...on-p-7258.html
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Sure, here is the providence letter for the Carrie remarque. I 've also included a picture of the actual remarque in the book as well as the Chadbourne internal seal with the limited no. written in the eyes.
    As Merlin correctly states these are from the limited Overlook Connection/Chadbourne collection. PM me if you are interested in them, I am willing to give members a great deal on these (substantially less than you would pay to start the collection from scratch AND you get no 3!)

UPDATE - These have now been Sold!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I think Carrie's mom finally got the point.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful work. I appreciate the offer, but I tend to try to get remarques from the artist who has done the illustration on each particular book. These are quite interesting. Thanks as well Merlin. I had not really kept in touch with Overlook, though I did get many books from them in my early collecting years. I had not seen these.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just had some photos sent for my recent purchases currently being stored in my US offices...

1st Up The Shining 1st/1st - not mint by any stretch but still pretty reasonable. The cover has the expected nicks and bumps but the book is pretty clean and tight.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I cannot wait to get this beautiful item in my actual hands:

spoiler

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Only a 1st/2nd I'm afraid - it'll do for now.

UPDATE: I now have a 1st/1st - This 1st/2nd is available for Trade or purchase - PM me if interested

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

more 1st/1st's to replace existing BCE's

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

and finally (for now - more stuff is on the way) here's a really nice book that may be familiar to one or two members here...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very cool!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that is a sweet collection!

Excellent remarques!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New addition to the collection! I had resolved NOT to include Paperbacks in my definition of 1st Editions but I have had a change of mind. At least I have started with the most difficult one to obtain!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Mr Goblin. A fantastic aquisition

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice looking copy of Rage SG - I bet you're looking forward to getting your hands on the other three
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Nice looking copy of Rage SG - I bet you're looking forward to getting your hands on the other three
    Thanks and ... Watch this space...!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Christmas came early! 2 new arrivals...

No 1 is a 1st/1st Talisman, not particularly difficult to obtain, but this one is very clean and as a bonus is flat signed by Straub. (Replaces my 1st/3rd printing)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No 2 is a gift edition Dr Sleep. This will be the one Vinny remarques methinks
    Thanks to PS publishing for this one, saved me a heap on postage!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. Goblin,
    Very nice copy !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, my "Goblin" friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions Stroppy - I take it you're going to send the G/E Doctor Sleep off to Vincent for remarquing independent of the CD offering (well thought out if so, as you'll definitely get a bit more variation than the three takes done for the CD insert pieces)
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast