Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Stroppy Goblin

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds as if Barry ate one of his copies. "but to have made as big a meal of it as I did"

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    It sounds as if Barry ate one of his copies. "but to have made as big a meal of it as I did"

Makes sense. I've been known to spend food money on books.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Money for Haggis, or books? No brainer!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    P.S. Just who gets the rest of the sheep? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Money for Haggis, or books? No brainer!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    P.S. Just who gets the rest of the sheep? LOL

Haha

Aberdeen. Renowned sheep shaggers!

Stephen King told me a sheep copulation joke in Paris funnily enough. We Scots get a bad rap.

By the way good deal on the Rose Madder, Simon.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

new delivery today. I love this delivery service, Florida to my door in 2 days and at half the cost of individual postage!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    new delivery today. I love this delivery service, Florida to my door in 2 days and at half the cost of individual postage!

We don't need to see the boxes! What's inside them???

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So what do we have today? A couple of UK 1st/1sts, all in great condition. Mint Dark Half and a Particularly nice Talisman...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what do we have today? A couple of UK 1st/1sts, all in great condition. Mint Dark Half and a Particularly nice Talisman...

Nice buddy If I find any damage in the pics from all those packages... you can send them my way k?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The final missing DT book from Viking. Really pleased with these. I think I paid a grand total of $80 for the 4.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Talking of DT... I bought a Nr Fine DT I 2nd Edition from David @ Betts. It is signed by Whelan and was only $50 (No Dust Jacket). I sourced an OK DJ from another member (thanks Tippy) but was also offered a great deal on a much nicer copy (also signed by Whelan). SO Here's the DJ and Book from David married together and then a marvelous comparison against the other copy I now own. Guess which one I'm selling shortly ? (oh and i'm not flipping it I have added value by building it from component parts )

Oh I also got another piece from Tippy too...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!! What a SCORE!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of PB's. First is a US 1st/1st of The Mist

And second is another nice deal from SK-books. A UK 1st/1st of The Long Walk.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!!

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    WOW!!!!

John
    Thanks - Anything specific get's the 'WOW'?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    WOW!!!!

John
    Thanks - Anything specific get's the 'WOW'?
    Just everything! You got quite a haul!

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, all my US bought stuff comes in bulk these days . My shipping service stores for up to 30 days and then delivers en masse. At the end of the month i think, shit, did I really buy ALL that?

My favourite is the fine DT I (2nd). I expect to sell the NF/Good one on ebay for as much as I paid for the F/F one - the price was that good

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Very Nice Simon! That Long Walk looks GREAT!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Wait just a damn second, I see 2 DT1's your not going to flip one of those are you?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Very Nice Simon! That Long Walk looks GREAT!
    Keith has a better one! He offered me a choice of 3. I took the middle condition one. The best (NF) was double the price of the one I bought.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful stuff there, Simon. Xmas in May!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Wait just a damn second, I see 2 DT1's your not going to flip one of those are you?
    No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No... Wait! YES!

I don't think anyone here would want the NF/G one, so it's going on eBay.
    (If I'm wrong and someone does - remember its a 2nd print, but still signed by Whelan, send me a PM.)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Good stuff! I'm glad to see you're continuing your UK trades buying streak. Something I noticed and perhaps you'll agree with me: it's easier to find older UK editions in great shape than it is to find older US editions in great shape, don't you think? The UK dust jackets seem to be made of better material than their US counterparts.

The UK Dark Half is one of my all-time favourite books in terms of cover art.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Talking of DT... I bought a Nr Fine DT I 2nd Edition from David @ Betts. It is signed by Whelan and was only $50 (No Dust Jacket). I sourced an OK DJ from another member (thanks Tippy) but was also offered a great deal on a much nicer copy (also signed by Whelan). SO Here's the DJ and Book from David married together and then a marvelous comparison against the other copy I now own. Guess which one I'm selling shortly ? (oh and i'm not flipping it I have added value by building it from component parts )

Oh I also got another piece from Tippy too...

Nicely done, sir!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some recent acquisitions and a few books that I hadn't got round to taking pictures of.

Thanks to another member, I took the opportunity to upgrade my COTW (well the Dust Jacket really as mine was very faded on the spine, but the book was signed by Bernie Wrightson, so I will be keeping that copy). I also took the opportunity to get some matching slipcases from Tomas @ StephenKingCollector delivered to my hotel whilst in the US

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of new books about King, both published by GB Ink. This one is the revised edition and limited to 100 copies, numbered in blue ink and signed by all contributors. Housed in a smoked acrylic slipcase.

The second is also in acrylic slipcase. The Essential King. Limited to 666 copies and again signed by all contributors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast