Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Stroppy Goblin

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

Love the cover art on that UK It!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Awesome additions! I love your foreign edition of IT!
    "Foreign"? LOL!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted these in a recent thread asking on value. I got both of these UK 1st/1sts for approx $150 shipped from the same person who donated the two Joe Hill chapbooks that were remarqued by Rachel Readman. Once again Keith (SK-Books) surprised me with some additional items as a bonus (and well packed as well!)

I heartily recommend SK-Books as an eBay Seller and a true gentleman!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree--Keith is one of the good guys. I've been dealing with him for a while.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Only bought a couple things from him, but I agree, great guy.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And finally IT. Again a 1st/1st in pretty nice shape.
    As much as I like the US cover I think this better represents the story.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

more UK 1sts - these either replace BCE's or were missing because I only bought the UK gift edition at the time they came out.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

These next 2 were very nice recent finds....

UK 1st/1st Danse Macabre - practically mint.

and a UK 1st/2nd of The Bachman Books. The 2nd printing seems almost as rare as the 1st but is considerably less money!! Again very nice condition

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have a '1st state' UK Rose Madder for sale if you're interested?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

And that copy of Danse Macabre is just insane. Congratulations!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I have a '1st state' UK Rose Madder for sale if you're interested?
    Thanks, I already have Rose Madder. I think for UK 1sts I'm now only missing Carrie, 'salem's Lot, Night Shift, and Faithful. plus all of the PB Bachman's except Roadwork. I'm in no rush on these though as all but Faithful are pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    And that copy of Danse Macabre is just insane. Congratulations!
    Thanks it's a beautiful copy for what I think was a pretty good price (£50!)

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There's 2 states of Rose Madder, Simon. One with black endpapers and one with a rose on them I believe.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    There's 2 states of Rose Madder, Simon. One with black endpapers and one with a rose on them I believe.
    Mine has black endpapers and the full number line. I'd be interested to see the other variant (although for UK 1sts I'd probably not be too bothered with collecting variants).

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah just checked the 1st editions thread. Damn! I really like that 2nd state version - I think I've had a change of mind....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice haul, Mi Amigo!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Mine has black endpapers and the full number line. I'd be interested to see the other variant (although for UK 1sts I'd probably not be too bothered with collecting variants).
    The first edition first printing second state of the UK Rose Madder (with the rose on the endpapers) also has a full number line. I have both.

John

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Also comes with ribbon bookmark.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY nice new books !!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Danse! It looks to be in incredible shape.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dammit! - see how you guys just keep costing me money...

Delivered today...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I have that one. Very nice.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I now have both this one is waaay nicer though.

I can't really moan too much as it was less than £5 shipped! (I paid full price for the other when it was first published)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's what Barry R. Levin's Biblio Notes has to say about the two states:

On October 22, 2004, Michael Anft provided details on his unique experience with Stephen King's Hodder & Stoughton edition of Rose Madder prior to the book's official publication:

The TRUE first edition of Rose Madder differs from the one generally believed to be the first edition in that it has black endpapers (not rose) and doesn't feature the picture of Insomnia on the inner flap.
    When I saw one of these in a collection I recently purchased, I had forgotten that I had received (and sold) ten copies of this TRUE first edition as early as Tuesday, April 4, 1995. I bought these ten copies of the book from the rep who supplied my proofs, etc. This, I imagine, was WELL before the book was actually published.
    Some of those who purchased the book from me asked for a written confirmation of its early status. At the time I supplied a signed (by me) "To Whom It May Concern" letter, stating the following:

This is to confirm that 10 copies of the first Hodder & Stoughton printing of the cased edition of Stephen King's novel, "Rose Madder", were received by Michael Anft on Tuesday the 4th of April, 1995.

I don't recall when Rose Madder was actually published, but to have made as big a meal of it as I did, means that the copies I bought from the rep must have been bought very, very early. I was delighted when I found this item in the collection, as I hadn't kept one for myself.
    http://www.raresf.com/bnotes.html

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, thanks John.to be clear (as it's a little ambiguous to me in the wording) the TRUE 1st edition is the one with the black end papers?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast