Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Stroppy Goblin

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Stroppy Goblin

I was going to delay this until I got my latest shipments back from the US (and then put them into some sort of order) but as I had some time to spare I'd show them now and have something to add at a later date...

"This is my bookcase. There are many like it but this one is mine..."

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My main focus now is US 1st editions, supplemented by Artist and Gift Editions. I'm afraid S/L and S/N are *way* out of my financial reach. I started out with UK hardbacks and if you look closely you will see piled up behind the US 1st's all my UK books! Mrs Goblin tolerates 1 case but no more so everything will have to fit in this one (for now <evil maniacal laugh>)

Top row is my Limiteds and Gift editions:

Two books of note are the traycased S/N Riding the Bullet and Anniversary Edition of Christine. My Full Dark No Stars is on the waiting list to be remarqued by Vincent (as is my Trade Dr Sleep)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some pictures of Riding the Bullet - its a nice Low number! (#27!)

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And here is Christine..

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

another one that you don't see often on this thread..

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know goblins liked nice things.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Shelf 2 is The Dark Tower and Grant shelf. It will have to end up being just DT I think. I'd like it to be all Artist signed but that means including additional trade 1sts as well...

Gunslinger 1 a 1st/2nd Flatsigned by SK - I am looking to trade this for a 1st/1st signed by Whelan....
    DOTT is due to be replaced by one I have bought from a forum member recently and has been signed by Phil Hale
    Wastelands is a 1st/1st (unsigned)
    W & G is flatsigned by SK
    All others are Artist editions and then 1st Trades (3rd state Gunslinger and 2nd state DOTT). Final WTTKH is UK limited with the facimile Sig)
    Finally we have the beautiful Grant slipcased Talisman and Black House (signed by Straub)

ooh Trade SOS is also flatsigned by SK and Darrel Anderson:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Shelves 3, 4 and 5 are all other books, mostly 1st/1sts. The ones that aren't have a counterpart in my colleagues office in the US awaiting shipment!

Shelf 3

Shelf 4

Shelf 5

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice looking collection. Reminds me of a few books that I need to track down.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

CotW is signed by Bernie Wrightson:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

grr Photobucket is doing my head in - All photos have been rotated and cropped and whats appearing here is the older version.
    Please do not adjust your sets.. normal service will be resumed as soon a possible..

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Under the dome trade is flatsigned by SK (this book, SoS and an unsigned W&G I received in trade from another forum member for a signed W & G - I have recently had the replacement W & G signed as well)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

a couple of Joe Hills have crept onto shelf 3. I have the UK S/N Heart Shaped Box #192 and the (nonslipcased) S/N Gunpowder #24. I know a lot of forum members like Joe but I'm not a huge fan. I bought these as potential trades. (PM me if you would like to discuss possible trades!)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I didn't know goblins liked nice things.
    Goblins *love* nice things. The normal problem is they will take them from you and then eat you. Me, well I'm too nice

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Stroppy! (You'll just have to persuade Mrs. Goblin to allow you to get another case.)

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Very nice, Stroppy! (You'll just have to persuade Mrs. Goblin to allow you to get another case.)

John
    Actually, its not so much the second case thats the problem - its where to put it! Unlike some of the US members with entire rooms at their disposal (i'm looking at you Mr Dettweiler!) we are limited on wall space. I have an office but its a garden one and I would worry about extremes of cold and damp during the winter.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. I have a feeling you will need more bookcases in the future if you stick around here
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection, Mr. Goblin!!!! Welcome to the "disease"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The books I haven't seen before are those Marvel comic collections of The Dark Tower. They look great!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    The books I haven't seen before are those Marvel comic collections of The Dark Tower. They look great!
    I think they are still available. I have the matching set for The Stand tucked away as one of my birthday presents...

Review:http://marvel.com/news/story/16462/a..._tower_omnibus

Amazon still have them: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Tower-Omn.../dp/0785155414

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection Stroppy!
    I still need to get the Marvel DT omnibus as well.
    Mark Twain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Marvel, here ya go,,,,

Just a sampling is all..
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff Stroppy, great to see you posting your preciousesssss
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A few more signatures..
    1st up is UK Bag of Bones I picked this up recently as the price was good for a UK signed. Its available for trade or sale if anyone is interested - also has the event ticket for provenance .

This is my 1st edition Black House - signed by Straub. I bought this from a local collector who had never noticed the signature!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

next up, the S/N Chadbourne Remarque series... I got in early on this and snagged #3. I currently have just the 1st 4 but there is a few more waiting to be bought including Dr Sleep and Joyland 1st editions. I love the remarques but I simply do not have the shelf space, especially as I have been replacing my early BCE's with 1st/1sts.

These deserve to go to a good home - they are currently on ebay, but I am willing to give a really good deal to any member here who would like to take up the options on future books from The Overlook Bookstore. - PM me if interested.

UPDATE: These have now been sold!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast