Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Odd One Out

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Gonna take some drinking to scrape that one off the back of your eyeballs, eh???
    EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hint 2
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Randall Flagg
    Eddie Dean
    Danny Torrance
    Bill Denbrough
    Dolores Claiborne
    Annie Wilkes
    Johnny Smith
    Beverly Marsh <---this is the only name with a "v"
    Christine
    Susannah Dean
    Duddits
    Gage Creed
    Roland Deschain
    Stuart Redman
    Pennywise
    George Denbrough
    Leyland Gaunt
    Carrie White

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

refer to 1st hint. look for a common positive rather than an individual one

oh and Shannon would hate me for saying it, but I just re-read his ramblings and he is once again "on the path of the beam"
    for shannon
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well, Eddie Dean is the only name where the number of vowels is greater than that of consonants

but I am afraid it is not the intended answer, yet again...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

bears are right about being wrong

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    well, Eddie Dean is the only name where the number of vowels is greater than that of consonants

Spoiler:
    and Duddits is the only name with less than three vowels
    , however I am afraid it is not the intended answer, yet again..

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

again - you are right in being wrong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

Spoiler:
    and Duddits is the only name with less than three vowels
    , however I am afraid it is not the intended answer, yet again..
    ... and Johnny Smith is the only name that starts with a letter that doesn't exist in Italian alphabet...

... and I think we could go on like this for quite a long time

Goblin: since an indefinite number of answers can be given that satisfy the conditions, I am afraid you have to give a hint as to why they are not the right answers, other than "that's not what I meant"

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I already hinted that "X is the only one that is Y" is not the way to solve this. You need to look at what everything but one answer has in common.

Is it possible to have another hint?
    (any hint!)
    It seems I am not the only one to be completely stumped...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hint hint!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hint

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Hint 2
    Hint
    May we have another hint since you just gave us hint #2 again?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Hint 2
    Hint
    May we have another hint since you just gave us hint #2 again?
    Maybe it was worth repeating
    Sorry I'd forgotten I'd already posted that.

Hint

The only thing I can find that all the words have in common is that they're names; and they're all related to SK works (which is said to be irrelevant).
    They all contain different numbers of syllables; there are no similarities in placement or numbers of letters; there is no overall pattern among the list.

WTF?!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    The only thing I can find that all the words have in common is that they're names; and they're all related to SK works (which is said to be irrelevant).
    They all contain different numbers of syllables; there are no similarities in placement or numbers of letters; there is no overall pattern among the list.

WTF?!
    There is a pattern. All but one has something in common. Please don't hurt me when someone finally sees it

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

How about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    How about
    No, but you are on the path of the beam...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

How about

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Gage Creed!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Tommy - you are incorrect, Shannon - randomly shouting a name is not sufficient, you have to say why. I will neither confirm nor deny an answer that is just a name.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol!

Country
    Country Flag

Shannon - I looked inside your spoiler - did you mean that

Spoiler:
    it's the only name with no repeating consonants?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon - I looked inside your spoiler - did you mean that

Spoiler:
    it's the only name with no repeating consonants?
    If he did - he's not got the answer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast