Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One Word

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default One Word

a r n o l d c u n n i n g h a m r o b e r t d e i s e n h o f f r i c h a r d d e e s j e s s
    i e b u r l i n g a m e s t e l l a f l a n d e r s a l f i e z i m m e r b i l l y h a l l e c k
    d a l e b a r b a r a r a y m o n d g a r r a t y h o w a r d c o t t r e l l j a m e s g a
    r d n e r b i l l d e n b r o u g h b o o t h a l a n p a n g b o r n j a c k t o r r e n c e!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well... they are all King characters

the only odd word I see among them is "booth"

unless the way Garraty is spelled points at something else

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Work it out Jean, I have my fingers crossed. It looks trickier than it actually is.

Hint one: One word.
    Hint two: They are all King characters.
    Hint three: I originally spelled Garraty wrong. Fixed now, thanks!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears are thinking!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

One word: confused
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I hate to seem dense (Har har), but what is the object of this riddle? Are we finding a word within the words? Wolves are puzzled.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The answer is one word.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

breakers?

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The answer is:
    click to see

Cool quiz!! (what do I win? )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that was fast. Great job!! Great, great job, I'm impressed!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great job to the game master and game player.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    The answer is:
    click to see

Cool quiz!! (what do I win? )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Wow, that was fast. Great job!! Great, great job, I'm impressed!

Country
    Country Flag

I have an idea, will try it when I get home

goblin, thank you so much for putting spoiler tags around the answer!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I have an idea, will try it when I get home

goblin, thank you so much for putting spoiler tags around the answer!
    No problem, seemed like the right thing to do

This has inspired me to post something similar - watch this space....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Post removed and started in a new thread to avoid cross posting.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, I should probably have started a new thread for this and not Hijacked Shannons

Would a moderator please move it?

Country
    Country Flag

goblin, just start another thread, it'll be quicker (bears don't have superpowers in this forum)

Shannon: took some research

Spoiler:
    because bears sure didn't remember where all of those came from, and were especially mystified by Booth, which didn't seem to go anywhere! The word is Congratulations!, right?

awesome riddle! Goblin gets the big fat goblin goose!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

goblin, just start another thread, it'll be quicker (bears don't have superpowers in this forum)

Shannon: took some research

Spoiler:
    because bears sure didn't remember where all of those came from, and were especially mystified by Booth, which didn't seem to go anywhere! The word is Congratulations!, right?

awesome riddle! Goblin gets the big fat goblin goose!
    Spoiler:
    Booth was tricky for me too - I orignally thought it was the name of the Old Con from "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption" but that was Brooks. By then I had figured out it must be something starting with 'O' so I went looking...

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    bears just cheated and left that one (and, I am afraid, a couple of others) out: the word made sense without it

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New Thread started because "Bears are always Right" - Foxes Glacier Mints
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOJGgCp4GqI

Country
    Country Flag

can you please re-post this awesome link here?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great job, both of you.

Country
    Country Flag

great puzzle!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

great puzzle!
    Agreed! I have not read one of those - Stephen King works, that is, not riddles.

Sad wolf is sad.
    Last edited by Woofer; 11-16-2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Har har har. Clarification.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice job, Riddlemaster.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys, I had the idea and fleshed it out, then played with how to show the riddle. Check out that Equation riddle by goblin, I don't get it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast