Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Contribution Button Atop Forums

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Contribution Button Atop Forums

“Contribute to Help Keep TheDarkTower.org Ad Free” donate button:
    For some years now I’ve been able to maintain the site without asking for contributions because most of the costs were minimal. My son, due to the nature of his business, was able to host the site and maintain the server free of charge. The other costs were, for the most part, nominal and I have been absorbing them in order to keep the site here for all of us.
    Unfortunately my son’s work situation has changed and I now have to pay for the server storage and maintenance as well as hosting and software.
    (So far the labor has been free)

As much as I would like to maintain a Free Dark Tower site the costs have escalated to a point where I cannot shoulder the entire burden on my own and still keep the site operating as it has been.
    I have other options – I can inundate the site with ads and pop ups which would generate enough revenue to keep the site going. I could also ask for either monthly or annual membership fees. To me both options would be last resorts. I would rather see members show their appreciation by contributing what they can, when they can, and as a group keep the site ad free.
    This is a “beta” test from now until 1/1/2014

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Ill happily contribute - just jeep those damn ads off our site!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I already chipped in $5 and will donate more as well. Is there an approximate "Goal", Jerome? A number that needs to be "hit"?

I've said before that we should be able to help out with the costs for this wonderful site!!! Good deal!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll join the Club and donate ... Oh wait, we are not a club....
    ................... Even so, I think there is enough value in this site that providing some support to remain un-POP-UPed would be a logical option.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I already chipped in $5 and will donate more as well. Is there an approximate "Goal", Jerome? A number that needs to be "hit"?

I've said before that we should be able to help out with the costs for this wonderful site!!! Good deal!!!
    No number at this time as it is a test until 1/1/2014.
    We usually start the Haven Foundation Fundraiser on 1/1 and I don't want to have two Paypal buttons, since the HF starts 1/1 and runs through 5/13

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Prevent advertising? Now, that is a good cause!
    If there's no goal, can you give a suggested contribution? Come now... "much as you can" isn't really fair.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we should all get behind this effort and do what each person is capable of doing, considering their individual circumstances. $5 or maybe $10 a head? For the ensuing year? That seems really cheap for the ability to visit this site to the extent we all do right now. I would venture to say that if the bulk of our members could afford to do that much, the site would be self sustaining. And that is how it should be, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, very cool!! You can make it a "Monthly" donation, so if everyone pledged a $1 even, that would be $12 a year from every capable member!!!! $5 a month even better, which is what I opted for as a regular contribution.

You get a receipt as well so, "Spamnon" can list it on his corporate books as "Marketing expenses"!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the site and happy to help the little I can.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I love the site and happy to help the little I can.
    $1 a month will do just nicely, if you can easily afford it, that is.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

This site/community is def. Worthy of a donation. I just donated a lump sum and will gladly donate $5.00 a month to help with the expenses.

You should consider an auto debit option for people who want to donate monthly.
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely on board with this one - a small price indeed to pay each month to keep advertisements and popups from these hallowed hallways of horror !!!
    We all float down here!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with the above! Plus it's hard to say no or plead poverty when this site has enabled me to spend over $1000 on books so far this year (and I only joined on May 30th!). I wanted to get a feel for how much you guys were looking for. Contributing now!

UPDATE: And now I'm getting an error when I hit the Donate button: "We were unable to decrypt the certificate id."
    Last edited by dnemec; 11-10-2013 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Can't send the money!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Most definitely up for donating. It's a great idea. This is one of only 2 websites I visit almost every day without fail.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

There are two screens to access this from. This happened to me as well. Try the donate now button from the "forum" page.

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I agree with the above! Plus it's hard to say no or plead poverty when this site has enabled me to spend over $1000 on books so far this year (and I only joined on May 30th!). I wanted to get a feel for how much you guys were looking for. Contributing now!

UPDATE: And now I'm getting an error when I hit the Donate button: "We were unable to decrypt the certificate id."

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to donate. I look at it as cheap daily therapy.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in, next pay day in two weeks.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Crow-Man, I know it's a test, but if you could give us an approximate dollar amount per person and how often, that would be great. Because let's just say that everyone donates $5, and it's fine, but then Big Bill comes through and donates a hundred, thinking that is what's needed ... Just a little guidance on the cost would be great.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Amen sister! You're preaching to the choir.

I donated too.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Crow-Man, I know it's a test, but if you could give us an approximate dollar amount per person and how often, that would be great. Because let's just say that everyone donates $5, and it's fine, but then Big Bill comes through and donates a hundred, thinking that is what's needed ... Just a little guidance on the cost would be great.
    Once the test period is over. I will have a better idea. It's unlikely (but not impossible) that I will have two Paypal buttons during the fundraiser period-1/1-5/13, so in essence the button would likely only be up 7 months of the year.
    I will think on the issue.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by SirFolio16 View Post
    You should consider an auto debit option for people who want to donate monthly.
    Good idea. I would sign up for that

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You can check a box on the Paypal donation form to contribute monthly.
    Is $3 a month too much? A dime a day.
    Opinions?

My Mood
    Twisted

Im signing up for $5 a month.
    Well worth it as far as Im concerned. I dont want pop up ads and I dont want a forced membership
    I also want the option to contribute more if something really cool is posted that I benefit from - sorta like leaving Positive Rep but in the form of $

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You can check a box on the Paypal donation form to contribute monthly.
    Is $3 a month too much? A dime a day.
    Opinions?

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

After I made my lump sum contribution I tried to go back go back and do a monthly contribution but when I hit the donate button on the home page I am getting the following error:

"We were unable to decrypt the certificate id."

Any idea?
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Same error for me. I will try again later on my laptop.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast