Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Webstar1000

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Great new additions, Kris. The IT collection is almost complete. The IT proofs look awesome especially the US and the UK proof looks great as it's almost impossible to find a better copy.
    The Christine and TGWLTG S/Ls look brillant. I also think the TGWLTG is also a great production. I bought it at time of release from a dealer as overseas buyers could not buy direct (if I remember correctly).
    Thanks so much Jon. I am VERY pleased with my IT collection. I am only officially missing a signed UK 1st. I have everything thing else! And congrats on getting a TGWLTG. I have been looking for awhile and when I unboxed it I was surprised and the quality! For only 150 (I think) done... I thought it would be one that would be very high in collectability. I am very happy to have acquired one and at what I think is a fantastic price!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

These adds are super cool. I saw your Christine and i'm kicking myself in the balls for not saying ok when the seller of my DT books last year offered me the #51 Slipcase; I need to figure out a way to get more space and revise my agreement with the wife on how much i can spend on any one item for my home office and book collection. All these posts i'm going through are giving me a new (or stronger) itch to acquire other King books :-)
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    All these posts i'm going through are giving me a new (or stronger) itch to acquire other King books :-)
    Collecting doesn't just itch like a VD it's just as contagious.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Coming here to express my frustrations. I am having a SUPER hard time finding the last few books I need to complete my main body of Kings work in S/L format!! IT IS HARD. I cannot find a UK Rose Madder or UK Desperation/Regulators. I cannot find a S/L of Danse (that is F/F with tissue), Full Dark No Stars Book Club 1/100, Or a full RAP set. So close... yet sooooo far.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Kris that is only five books.
    You will make the collection complete and then, like all of us, there will be another milestone and that will exasperate you.
    Take it steady my friend, they are all out there.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Coming here to express my frustrations. I am having a SUPER hard time finding the last few books I need to complete my main body of Kings work in S/L format!! IT IS HARD. I cannot find a UK Rose Madder or UK Desperation/Regulators. I cannot find a S/L of Danse (that is F/F with tissue), Full Dark No Stars Book Club 1/100, Or a full RAP set. So close... yet sooooo far.
    A F/F copy of Danse Macabre is very tough to find. I have one with the "tissue", but it is more like VG+.
    It's such a plain book that I never fretted about it.

Consider your search for completion like having a fine 5+ course meal. It takes time, and the enjoyment is in the pacing. If you rush, it's just as expensive, but you have lost the enjoyment.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Kris that is only five books.
    You will make the collection complete and then, like all of us, there will be another milestone and that will exasperate you.
    Take it steady my friend, they are all out there.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    Yep, and if you are patient, like I try to be, you may find yourself a great deal on them
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all. And to the members that PM'd me with ideas and what not. You are all very kind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haven't had any establishing photographs of the collection lately Kris... Let's see some of this entire beast.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's currently a S/L Regulators/Desperation UK on EBay at the moment, here's the item number (222469176401).

Maybe they're open to offers?
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    There's currently a S/L Regulators/Desperation UK on EBay at the moment, here's the item number (222469176401).

It's not in the best shape I am told and $700 is pretty steep

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've not looked at it closely, I just saw it while searching for a Regulators S/L, and then caught your thread.
    Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

I've not looked at it closely, I just saw it while searching for a Regulators S/L, and then caught your thread.
    Thanks for thinking of me brother!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for thinking of me brother!

No problem! I just know it was a struggle getting my copy
    Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

Just picked this up from David as I have never seen a set for sale and the price I could afford as well. It even came with the letter from King too but these two I really wanted to show case. They are perfect and I am pretty proud to add them to my collection!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You should be proud man, these are cool. What's the story behind them? How were they originally issued?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    You should be proud man, these are cool. What's the story behind them? How were they originally issued?
    I heard (and please if a long time collector knows better... please confirm or correct me) that they were mailed out with a copy of Blackhouse with the letter. King wanted to stop signing books and was no longer allowing fans to deliver them to his home so he sent them back, with one of these and another book. Alas the books were unsigned but these were. You got one or the other. ON the backs of them is advertising for the DT series and release dates for the upcoming final books. VERY cool I thought.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Looks like you did some skullduggery to come up with those.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nope... they were listed (kinda hidden to be honest) among the huge upload at Bett's a week or two ago.. I asked for a couple pics and was like.. YES! I need those!!! The letter is pretty cool too. Just kind of explains that King wants to retire and not get books sent to him anymore.. etc. Very neat stuff!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Kris, those are superb and the frames are a great choice.
    Two lovely items to add to any King collection.
    First class.

Alec.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I see what you did there...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

This one just popped up on my searches! eBay number 132162638922
    Wanted:

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!! They look great

Country
    Country Flag

UGgg.. I wish this was $5 bills or less!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

UGgg.. I wish this was $5 bills or less!!!
    Um, when does Fine mean dirty, scratched, rubbed and bumped
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast