Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Scoogs

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for the CAT'S CRADLE pictures, haven't opened mine as of yet.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Man alive, that copy of Cat's Cradle is beautiful !!!!!

Awesome production, love it !!!!
    Easton Press has improved over the last few years with these numbered and slipcased editions.
    I like them a lot more than their standard leather signed editions.

I just wish they would issue more new titles instead of what feels like endless reissues of the same titles.
    Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Merlin1958 might appreciate this.

It's the Sideshow Weta limited edition statue of the Witch King from LOTR. #24 of 9500.
    He's been keeping watch over my bookshelves for years.

It's about 17 inches tall, and just barely fits on top of the new bookcases that I got over the summer.

Mark Twain

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

That is SUPER BAD ASS!!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

God that is AWESOME! (my wife would hate it )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin1958, really appreciates this and wants one!!! Desperately!!! LOL

The Witch King of Ang-Mar!!! Whooo Hooo!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can has? LOL

Very beautiful!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Got the last copy from my local Target (thanks to Becca posting when she found her copies).

One of my goals this year is expanding my Dune collection.
    To that end, I've added these three recently.

Heretics and Chapterhouse both included index cards signed by Frank Herbert.
    Mark Twain

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ooohh, very nice proofs! Are these as scarce as the Putnam Skeleton Crew proof?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE NEW BOOKS !!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Those DUNE proofs are impressive indeed! It takes a lot of sand to collect those.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Ooohh, very nice proofs! Are these as scarce as the Putnam Skeleton Crew proof?
    To be honest, I don't even know how scarce the Skeleton Crew proof is.

Heretics and Chapterhouse are not all that difficult to find, but prices vary widely. I lucked out and got them in amazing condition for very cheap. God Emperor seems to be more difficult to find, so I was glad I snagged it when I did.
    All three appear to be unread and the signed cards with two of them are a nice bonus.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys.
    I should have a few more additions in the next couple of weeks.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Both of Marisha Pessl's UK ARCs arrived a while ago and I forgot to post them.

Night Film:

Special Topics in Calamity Physics, with the belly band:
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1st edition of the Sand omnibus by Hugh Howey. Signed and dated on the first day he was signing copies.

For the curious, it's from the second day of the first print run.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This one just arrived today.

It's the UK proof of Chapterhouse: Dune.
    The UK trade edition preceded the US edition by about two months, making it the true world first edition. In theory, that makes this proof the earliest version of the book.
    However, there are notable differences in the text of the original UK and US versions. No one seems to know why that is, but it appears to have been corrected in the years since the original publication.

A "proof" DJ was also included, though I can find nothing that distinguishes it from the final production version.
    Mark Twain

Love those Herbert proofs.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks ur2ndbiggestfan. They are definitely some of my favorite additions to my collection.

Here's another Dune addition that arrived today.
    This one is particularly challenging to find, so I'm very happy to have final picked one up.

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Really happy to add this one today:

Now I just need to add AFFC and my SubPress set will be covered.
    Mark Twain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet. Do you have the MM books? I need AGOT!!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

I never started collecting the Martin books (if I had I'd be more broke than ever!) so I really enjoy seeing all the pictures of them here!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Sweet. Do you have the MM books? I need AGOT!!
    I'll be very happy just having all of the SubPress editions, so I don't know if I'm going to try for the MM books or not.
    The seller that I bought ASOS from does have a matching ACOK listed, but that is the only other book they have from the series.

I do actually know where #11 of AGOT, ACOK and ASOS are, but haven't heard back from that collector in several months.
    AFFC is the missing one that neither of us were able to track down.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been anxiously waiting for this one to make its way across the Atlantic.

UK 1st/1st of Dune Messiah in almost perfect condition:
    Mark Twain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a big fan, but I am truly happy for you!! You're a "top flight" guy and member to have the priviledge to be around!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast