Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Scoogs

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love all the Bradburys!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The cover for The Skin Trade is fantastic. I love Rick's work!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Love all the Bradburys!
    Thanks, I still have a few more editions of F451 on my want list.
    Someday I also want to add the S/L of Something Wicked This Way Comes.
    Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Very nice. Makes me wonder where my Skin Trades are... they were supposed to ship Capclave members first - BOO!
    Being on the East coast, I would have expected you to have yours already!
    They did write me back about the dust jacket. Sounds like it is a small, but known issue that they are working to correct.
    Mark Twain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I emailed them and they said mine was shipped in a larger package. I'm sure it's still an envelope though. I did have two books so we'll see what happens.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My signed 1st/1st UK hardcovers of Shift and Dust arrived today.

Mark Twain

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have yet to read a book by Howey, but something tells me I should.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I have yet to read a book by Howey, but something tells me I should.
    I'm a bit behind, so I actually still need to read Shift and Dust.
    Wool was a good read.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple more that I've been waiting on arrived yesterday.

First up is Heart-Shaped Box:

The other is the Goldsboro S/L of Shift:

These are really just a UK first with a signature page and slipcase added, so I'm interested to see what Sub Press will do with the trilogy.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dr. Sleep has arrived:

Unfortunately I didn't get the number that I requested, so it doesn't match my IT S/L. Fingers crossed that SubPress can still match The Shining for me.
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Dr. Sleep has arrived:

Unfortunately I didn't get the number that I requested, so it doesn't match my IT S/L. Fingers crossed that SubPress can still match The Shining for me.
    I was about to ask what number you were looking for, but now that it's remarqued, you probably wouldn't want to trade!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I was about to ask what number you were looking for, but now that it's remarqued, you probably wouldn't want to trade!
    Yeah, that complicates it a little. However, if I can still match The Shining to this number, I won't worry about it.
    It's a really nice edition and almost doesn't need a dust jacket.
    Mark Twain

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Scoogs,
    Congratulations on Doctor Sleep !!

P.S. That's also a real pretty Heart Shaped Box.
    Last edited by Cook; 11-23-2013 at 07:28 AM. Reason: P.S.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Awesome books and fantastic remarques!

I love your bookcases! I need to get some like that to properly display my books.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post

I love your bookcases! I need to get some like that to properly display my books.
    Thanks Ben.
    I picked those bookcases up from IKEA over the Summer. The only question now is; how long until I need a third?
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of bookcases, these are two smaller cases that I have in the other room.
    These are mostly reading copies.

I've also been meaning to post my Darrel Anderson print from DT6.

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Grant attempted to have a convention for members of the old DT.N site back in 2005 called PalaverCon.
    I didn't attend, but I did buy one of the gift bags they offered and got quite a few of the signed art pages.

The only thing not signed that is shown here is the small Gunslinger card.
    The Rick Berry page is one of my favorite King illustrations.

Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Ben.
    I picked those bookcases up from IKEA over the Summer. The only question now is; how long until I need a third?
    At the rate you're going? Pretty soon!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Phew.
    Good news from SubPress for matching The Shining to the Dr. Sleep number that I received.
    Mark Twain

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Liking the remarqued Doctor Sleep a heck of a lot mate, the Chong's I've see thus far seriously rock (and the signed DT art you have is stunning !!)
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Liking the remarqued Doctor Sleep a heck of a lot mate, the Chong's I've see thus far seriously rock (and the signed DT art you have is stunning !!)
    Chong rocks!
    WANTED:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Chong rocks!
    Yes, he does!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've received a few more "other author" additions over the last few weeks.

Up first is a signed 1st/1st of S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst.
    They've only done a couple of appearances together to promote the book. This one was signed in New York.

I also picked up an unsigned 1st/1st of the Dangerous Women anthology from George R.R. Martin and others. This one has a new ASOIAF story in it.

And a couple of new Joe Hill purchases for me.
    Horns could use a better DJ, but the signature and doodle are great!

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been looking forward to this one.
    It's the new S/L edition of Cat's Cradle from Easton Press.

Slipcase:

Front Cover & Spine:

Certificate & Sig Page:

Mark Twain

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man alive, that copy of Cat's Cradle is beautiful !!!!!

Awesome production, love it !!!!
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast