Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Scoogs

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Owen King's Double Feature S/L
    I have the slipcase as well, but it's just plain black. Not really worth showing.

Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wool, Sub Press S/L

Shift, Sub Press S/L

Dust, Sub Press S/L

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple more this weekend.
    Mark Twain

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice new books !!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions!

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Carrie arrived today:

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

As a kid some of my favorite books were The Dark is Rising cycle by Susan Cooper.
    The Folio Society recently released a very nice set of illustrated editions, which I picked up earlier this Summer.

Book 1: Over Sea, Under Stone

Book 2: The Dark is Rising

Book 3: Greenwitch

Book 4: The Grey King

Book 5: Silver on the Tree

Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Now those are some outstanding books! Especially Carrie. CD really knocked that one out of the park!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Easton Press edition of the Dune Chronicles arrived a few days ago.
    Photos as soon as I have some free time and can catch up on recent additions.
    Mark Twain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing new on the King front, but it is time to catch up on my other additions over the last few months.

First up is The World of Ice & Fire 1st/1st trade edition. This one is a large, coffee table sized book and is very heavily illustrated throughout.

I also picked up a signed copy of The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister.

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I pre-ordered World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide from CD almost two years ago. Now I have both ARCs and both S/L editions, so I'm just waited on the lettered versions.

These did not photograph very well, so I'll have to shoot them again later.

They forgot that they were going to number these when they did the layout for the signature page.

World War Z is a nice oversized edition. Sadly, the publisher wouldn't let CD add any illustrations beyond the cover.

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked up one or two, or four, signed copies of Prince Lestat from Target and Barnes & Noble.

Centipede Press just did a really nice edition of Ender's Game.

The signature page is in the back of the book.

The second volume is a copy of Card's original manuscript with his notes and corrections.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

As previously mentioned, I also received the Easton Press set of Frank Herbert's Dune Chronicles.

That's all for now, one more coming tomorrow.
    Mark Twain

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats for this very very very nice new Stuff !!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are some awesome additions! Congratulations!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa!!! Nice haul!!! Congrats!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the new books. They look great!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A new one for my Dune collection:
    This is the uncorrected proof for the UK edition of Eye, which contains The Road to Dune. This is the only copy that I've ever seen come up for sale and I'm currently only aware of one other copy in collector's hands.

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    A new one for my Dune collection:
    This is the uncorrected proof for the UK edition of Eye, which contains The Road to Dune. This is the only copy that I've ever seen come up for sale.

A nice find! UK proofs are hard to find, no matter who the author.

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    A nice find! UK proofs are hard to find, no matter who the author.

John
    You're not kidding, those have definitely been the biggest challenge for me to locate!
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The original Easton Press edition of Dune had different cover art than what they've been using for many years.

Neither version is difficult to find or very expensive and both are red/maroon. However, there have always been rumors of a small amount of them being produced in either blue or black. I've never even seen a photo of one, let alone found a copy for sale. I have talked to another collector who knew someone with a copy, but that was the closest I've come to confirming its existence.

Then I won an ebay auction for this one (described as blue in the listing, but I would say it's black).

I also got a good deal on the regular red version.

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

To complete my trifecta of rare Dune additions, I finally located the UK uncorrected proof for God Emperor of Dune.
    I've talked to other Dune collectors about this and none were sure if the publisher had even created a proof. We assumed they may have, but nobody could find a copy. So mystery solved, it does exist.

And just to make it a little better, it's signed:
    Mark Twain

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's a great find! Congratulations!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Catching up on a few new books that arrived over the last few weeks.

Up first is a signed trade edition of the Rogues anthology.
    Unfortunately it's a 4th printing, but I had the S/L edition on order, so I can live with this one.

I also picked up a copy of the Dangerous Women anthology that was signed by a handful of the authors. This one is a first printing.

I also finally managed to locate a copy of the International Collectors Library edition of Dune. Not sure why it is so difficult to find any information on this one, but it's been a hunt to find it in any condition.

Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast