Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Scoogs

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that Dune... so they don't have 1st prints any longer, because I sooooo want that!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those all look great. Congratulations!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been drooling (all) over your books the last couple of minutes.
    Awesome!

sk

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I love that Dune... so they don't have 1st prints any longer, because I sooooo want that!
    I don't think so. The ordering page says it is for the first reprint in July.
    I don't have much experience with Folio, so it could be like Easton Press where there isn't really any way to identify later printings.

I will say that I really prefer Folio over Easton. They aren't leather, but they always have a lot of cool illustrations both in the books and on the slipcases.
    Mark Twain

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great additions, Folio's dune looks fantastic!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I don't think so. The ordering page says it is for the first reprint in July.
    I don't have much experience with Folio, so it could be like Easton Press where there isn't really any way to identify later printings.

I will say that I really prefer Folio over Easton. They aren't leather, but they always have a lot of cool illustrations both in the books and on the slipcases.
    I emailed and they said there were no 1st prints left. I might take a chance... it would be nice to have a 1st for $125.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Really nice new additions. That LOGAN'S RUN is great.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I got a response from Folio... the next run of books will state 'First edition, second printing'.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think I may have to get that Dune now too!
    Are there plans for Folio to do more from the Dune series?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I seem to remember hearing rumors of all 6 a while back, but nothing was every confirmed. I'm hoping they do, of course.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The books on Page 6.... Wow! I want all of them.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I seem to remember hearing rumors of all 6 a while back, but nothing was every confirmed. I'm hoping they do, of course.
    Folio did send out a survey a couple of months back asking about Dune Messiah and Children of Dune.
    Hopefully those two will happen.

I'm also excited to see Centipede Press giving all 6 books a serious look. Fingers crossed they publish the set.
    Mark Twain

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was talking to Jerad a few days ago actually. He was wondering what would make it a comprehensive set if he went forth on the 6 dune books.

I just bought a bunch of Foilio books but held off on the Dune because I didn't think they were doing the whole set and I really want a whole set rather than just Dune. Really hoping Jerad decides to do all of them. I told him it would be cool if he did the 6 novels all in one slipcase like what he is doing for the Complete Kane. Just put a very pictorial cover on the case maybe the world map or something; would look really good. Also mentioned he should do it both signed by the artist and not signed for those that love the quality but do not care to pay a $100+ extra for a signature not from the author.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, it's been 4 years since I added anything to this thread!
    Though I don't collect much anymore, I did add several books from both King and others in that time. I'll post more of the more recent King additions once I decide what I want to purge.

About the only books I really still hunt for are the various editions of Dune on my want list.
    I added three this year. Think of them as appetizers until the CP version is released.

This one was just published last week and is the new "Deluxe Edition" from Penguin.

It's actually pretty nice for a trade edition. All three sides of the text block are edge stained, debossed front and back cover, new endpaper artwork, new map, new cover art and the interior of the dust jacket also has a new illustration.
    The copyright page lists new interior art, I just didn't find it yet on a quick scan.

Earlier in the year I also picked up the Books-a-million exclusive edition.
    Nothing too fancy, cloth bound, with hot stamped cover art.

And finally, after looking for 5 years, I found a copy of the ABA limited edition from 1984.

Mark Twain

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, go Penguin! That's gorgeous!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You Dune good!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, it's been 4 years since I added anything to this thread!
    Though I don't collect much anymore, I did add several books from both King and others in that time. I'll post more of the more recent King additions once I decide what I want to purge.

About the only books I really still hunt for are the various editions of Dune on my want list.
    I added three this year. Think of them as appetizers until the CP version is released.

This one was just published last week and is the new "Deluxe Edition" from Penguin.

It's actually pretty nice for a trade edition. All three sides of the text block are edge stained, debossed front and back cover, new endpaper artwork, new map, new cover art and the interior of the dust jacket also has a new illustration.
    The copyright page lists new interior art, I just didn't find it yet on a quick scan.

Earlier in the year I also picked up the Books-a-million exclusive edition.
    Nothing too fancy, cloth bound, with hot stamped cover art.

And finally, after looking for 5 years, I found a copy of the ABA limited edition from 1984.

We love painted edges here! Very cool.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just added a couple of rare Dune proofs to my collection.
    I've never seen any others like these even come up for sale.

First up is God Emperor of Dune, signed by Frank Herbert.

The pages are all printed two up with a removable plastic binding strip holding the stack together.

Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I also acquired the same style proof for Heretics of Dune.

This one isn't signed, but it contains extensive hand written notes and corrections from the copy editor on nearly every page.

Mark Twain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That"s awesome !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

supercool!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS !!!

Treasures indeed!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My Subpress Fire & Blood arrived a couple of days ago.

Mark Twain

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great color scheme and art looks nice. Handsome.

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast