Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Red Sox vs.The Cardinals in the World Series!!!

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One thing I really hate about baseball/sports is the constant trades. I didn't have tv for two seasons and when I finally got to watch baseball again, I didn't recognize half the team. I understand trading someone if they're not playing well or not meshing with the rest of the team, but some of these guys are still playing brilliantly, and some just get lumped in as a package deal.

I find it depressing, but I guess they get paid plenty to deal with it.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Along the Path of the Beam twice is on a distinguished road twice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love how the media is calling this Red Sox team things like rag tag, a team no one expected anything from, a dark horse.....with a payroll of $150 Million. 4th highest in baseball. lol

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe people are saying that. They have some of the best talent out there, and they played brilliantly throughout the season. They've also won two series in the past ten years prior to this one. It's like people can't get past this "curse" idea from back then.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

That's because you can't base anything on payroll alone. They actually spent MORE in 2012 and finished in last place.

This year (as is the case with many WS winning teams) was a combination of having the right players, a few guys having really good years (Ortiz and Uehara are two examples) and a bit of luck.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3