Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Division Playoffs

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12

Seattle at Green Bay, 4:30 p.m. 'Hawks!!
    Jacksonville at New England, 8 p.m. N.E.
    SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

San Diego at Indianapolis, 1 p.m. Indianapolis
    N.Y. Giants at Dallas, 4:30 p.m. Dallas
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Green Bay
    New England
    Indianapolis
    Dallas

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Only three folks picked the 'Hawks thus far?

**GULP**

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

**GULP**
    It's in GB. Bad mojo for the Hawks
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

**GULP**
    It's in GB. Bad mojo for the Hawks
    The odds are not in their favor, but it's a big game and anything can happen!!!

Go Seahawks!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong---I'm a huge Favre fan too.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, just this last summer my own Colorado Rockies were out by 6 or 7 games with only 15 or so left. I, like almost everyone else, wrote them off, after which they won 20 of 21 games, and went to the World Series, (Can you dig it!!!!!!! The World Series in Colorado, BASEBALL IN COLORADO IN OCTOBER) creating what will forever be known to Rockies fans as Rocktober!!!! *grumbles disparaging remarks about the Redsox under his breath* Point being...ANYTHING can happen. So keep the faith. Having been a Broncos fan my entire life, I still hate the Seahawks from thier old AFC West days. It's proven that the northern cold weather climates are tough places to win, especially during the playoffs, was my point.

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleT View Post
    Having been a Broncos fan my entire life, I still hate the Seahawks from thier old AFC West days. It's proven that the northern cold weather climates are tough places to win, especially during the playoffs, was my point.
    LOL, I'm slowly getting over my hatred of the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, and Bronco's!!! I was glad to see Elway finally win one...even though we were still in the AFC.

Now, I get to hate the Niners, Rams, and Cardinals.

I was glad to see the Rockies in the Series, btw.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeeah, I'm mostly over it, but I seriously hated the Seahawks. It always seemed that EVERY time we played them we lost to them. Whe they left the division I was like YES!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I thought we were doomed, going into a division with the Niners and Rams. I was always a Niner's fan (my NFC team) so that hurt. And my boy Steven Jackson out of Oregon State is the stud RB for the Rams. That sucks for me too!!!

Oh well. All's fair in football, right?

I'm warming up to the Bronco's, since my brother's in Colorado now. I don't think I'll ever warm up to the Raiders, though! Sorry, RF!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The way the top people have picked, the only people who can gain or lose ground towards a 1-3 position are Needful, and Rjeso.
    That being the case, we will have 3 games left, and Phoenix will be no worse than second place. It really is a 2 man race for first.

I propose that after this week, those still in the running PM their picks for the 2 Championship games to Needfulkings. This will avoid someone being able to choose based solely on anothers choices, and "fix' their position.
    Needful can post the picks when he locks the choices.
    Thoughts?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The way the top people have picked, the only people who can gain or lose ground towards a 1-3 position are Needful, and Rjeso.
    That being the case, we will have 3 games left, and Phoenix will be no worse than second place. It really is a 2 man race for first.

I propose that after this week, those still in the running PM their picks for the 2 Championship games to Needfulkings. This will avoid someone being able to choose based solely on anothers choices, and "fix' their position.
    Thoughts?
    Actually, RF, I was going to be asking your assistance in locking picks on the 20th. I'm leaving for Kauai on the 18th.

I can offer that option when I post the new week on Sunday, if everyone's okay with it. Private picks can be an option, but not necessary.

Also, those who have posted their picks here have until 3:30 tomorrow to make changes.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can lock picks next Sunday.
    The PM was just a thought. Not mandatory, but if anyone was worried.
    We will have a better idea after the weekend but here is one way to look at things.
    7 games to go. 4 being played this weekend.

Phoenix- Leader Chose all 4 favorites
    Chasing Dragons -1 (Identical picks)
    Rube-3 (Identical picks)
    Randall Flagg -5 (Identical picks)
    Steve -5 (Identical picks)
    John Blaze -8 (Identical picks)
    NeedfulKings -8 (Chose Giants and Seahawks)
    Rjeso -8 (Chose Jacksonville)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Also, those who have posted their picks here have until 3:30 tomorrow to make changes.
    I assume you mean 3:30 Pm EST.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, in this thread, I speak Eastern Time.

It'll be 12:30 (or so) Home Time!

Country
    Country Flag

JohnBlaze:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12

Packers
    Patriots

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

Colts
    Cowgirls

Steve:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12

Favre
    New England

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

Indianapolis
    Dallas

R of G:

Packers
    Jags [somebody has to pick 'em, right? may as well be me]
    Colts
    Cowboys

Spencer:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12

Seattle at Green Bay, 4:30 p.m. Green Bay
    Jacksonville at New England, 8 p.m. Jacksonville (I REALLY think they can get it done, unlike my Baltimore and Giants pick, although they both came close.)

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

Randall Flagg:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12

Green Bay
    New England

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

Indianapolis
    Dallas

Rjeso:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12

Green Bay
    Jacksonville

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

Indianapolis
    Dallas

Chasing Dragons:

Seattle at Green Bay, 4:30 p.m. Packers
    Jacksonville at New England, 8 p.m. Patriots

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

San Diego at Indianapolis, 1 p.m. Colts
    N.Y. Giants at Dallas, 4:30 p.m. Cowboys

Phoenix Ignition:

Seattle at Green Bay - Favre
    Jacksonville at New England - Pats

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

San Diego at Indianapolis - Indy
    N.Y. Giants at Dallas - Dallas

BedOfRoses:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12

Seattle at Green Bay, 4:30 p.m. - Seattle
    Jacksonville at New England, 8 p.m. - New England

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

San Diego at Indianapolis, 1 p.m. - Indianapolis
    N.Y. Giants at Dallas, 4:30 p.m. - Giants

NeedfulKings:

Seattle
    New England
    San Diego
    Giants

ARoseAStoneADoor:

Green Bay
    Jacksonville
    San Diego
    Dallas

Jon:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12

Seattle at Green Bay, 4:30 p.m. 'Hawks!!
    Jacksonville at New England, 8 p.m. N.E.
    SUNDAY, JANUARY 13

RUBE:

Green Bay
    New England
    Indianapolis
    Dallas

PICKS ARE LOCKED!!! Good luck everyone!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I agree!!!

It was an exciting 2 minute start to the game!!! I think GB could go all the way at this point.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Thoughts?
    I am not sure that people are trying to fix their position, or, at least I am not. I just pick who I think is going to win. That being said I sometimes second guess myself when I think an upset might happen, like the Giants today, and just end up picking the favorite. But it is not because everyone else is picking that way.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Packers all the way baby!

Country
    Country Flag

I like the Packer's chances!

Folks, I'll have the new thread up soon. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2